X-Men: Days of Future Past

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But didn't Vaughn drop out of his own choosing? If Singer is pushed out, it could mean someone completely new will step in. Could be a Brett Ratner of Gavin Hood type, at which point folks asking for Singer to leave might wish they still had him.

I think they should just let go of Singer's "vision" and reboot the franchise so the new series respects the source material more.

If this movie under performs because of all the bad publicity Singer is bringing to it, I could see them doing that and scrapping the Apocalypse sequel.

Anymore personal insults, back & forth or complete derailing of this thread and infractions will be happily dished out to those responsible.

Play nice kiddies :)
x :wave

But didn't Vaughn drop out of his own choosing? If Singer is pushed out, it could mean someone completely new will step in. Could be a Brett Ratner of Gavin Hood type, at which point folks asking for Singer to leave might wish they still had him.

Exactly! Be careful what you wish for!

Unfortunate news for Singer. I really hope it isn't true but the timing is terrible. I'll wait until we hear more. But if this was "such" an issue, this guy had 17 years to bring it out and said nothing, which typically reeks of trying to bank on something.

honestly i hope the whole singer thing pushes him away from the series, he held back the characters, made them much weaker the they are in the comics, turned them into leather wearing gay symbols( not a bad thing but not what they actually are , ps im a lesbian so no comment) and also, im tired of how he comes to a franchise and goes, hey i dont like this established material thats part of the story so who cares and let erase it and pretend it never happen and who cares if the fans care im f'n singer and what i say goes... examples of this this film and superman returns where he decided that it took place after superman 2 and tried( very badly) to erase the other reeve's films and make returns a true( not really) sequel to the first two films... horrible sequels but whats there is there, so why go and erase it when you can build on it, or hell use time travel and change things instead.. dont go and pretend the other films dint happen... singer sucks and thats my opinion and if he did what they say he did, then hes just total trash and the series will survive very easily without him... just look at first class, in my opinion the best x-men film , that was made by a much better team...

honestly i hope the whole singer thing pushes him away from the series, he held back the characters, made them much weaker the they are in the comics, turned them into leather wearing gay symbols( not a bad thing but not what they actually are , ps im a lesbian so no comment) and also, im tired of how he comes to a franchise and goes, hey i dont like this established material thats part of the story so who cares and let erase it and pretend it never happen and who cares if the fans care im f'n singer and what i say goes... examples of this this film and superman returns where he decided that it took place after superman 2 and tried( very badly) to erase the other reeve's films and make returns a true( not really) sequel to the first two films... horrible sequels but whats there is there, so why go and erase it when you can build on it, or hell use time travel and change things instead.. dont go and pretend the other films dint happen... singer sucks and thats my opinion and if he did what they say he did, then hes just total trash and the series will survive very easily without him... just look at first class, in my opinion the best x-men film , that was made by a much better team...

I'm still pissed that he made cyclops weak, eyes-wise (lol) and leadership-wise.

exactly , its like there freakin source material right in front of you saying cyclops is a leader not a whiny little b**ch, and dont get me wrong wolverine is bad ass but theres a point where logan should take a back seat to the others like he did in first class , and i dont know, maybe have storm fly, rogue be the kick ass lady she is, have cyclops own some derriere , have wolverine maybe who know, oh yeah go berserk like hes supposed to, basicly , give them their actual power and have them be a team instead of background characters to wolverine all the damn time

exactly , its like there freakin source material right in front of you saying cyclops is a leader not a whiny little b**ch, and dont get me wrong wolverine is bad ass but theres a point where logan should take a back seat to the others like he did in first class , and i dont know, maybe have storm fly, rogue be the kick ass lady she is, have cyclops own some derriere , have wolverine maybe who know, oh yeah go berserk like hes supposed to, basicly , give them their actual power and have them be a team instead of background characters to wolverine all the damn time

I gotta say, Joss Whedon's run on Astonishing X-Men is one of my fav runs on the team. Im not being biased cuz he's at the Avengers helm but watching the motion comic on netflix kinda blew me away.

Everyone worked as a team and Cyclops was the undisputed leader while Wolverine was still being a badass as usual.

yeah those motion comics are great, i actually enjoyed the spider-woman agent of sword motion comic more then the rest of them

In all fairness he didnt direct X-3 but it didn't help that Singer made him uninteresting

Nevertheless it's from Singers plot line. Directing it or not, that's like saying just because George Lucas didn't direct IJ:ROTLA doesn't mean he didn't create it visually. Ntm if anything, Cyclops has and always was one who had spats with Wolverine because of Alpha dominance. And I'd also like to add, Wolverine has always treated Cyclops as a pacifists over human life while as Wolverine spared no one in his way even to psychopathic way. Hugh's portrayal imo is how Cyclops should be, while Wolverine should be hell bent sociopath. Hugh's portrayal is too lenient and well in all mannerisms friendly.

I myself have never minded the X-men films being the way they are, although it is amazing that they haven't been totally rebooted by now. Considering Spiderman came afterwards, got 3 films and then straight to complete reboot.

The studio just doesn't want to let go of Jackman, Stewart and McKellen.

Back