X-Men: Days of Future Past

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't really see Singer being capable of "forcing himself" on anyone. Particularly if they're almost an adult. Do you even lift, bro?

Last edited:
I can't really see Singer being capable of "forcing himself" on anyone. Particularly if they're almost an adult. Do you even lift, bro?

Did you read the article? Singer is being accused of being part of a group that drugs and rapes boys. Not just on his own. Another man would supposedly lure the kids to him stating it was for a role etc.

Ah, I read a different one. Eh, I don't know. The whole thing just sounds awfully punctual to me. Guy has a multi-million dollar movie coming out; is part of a lawsuit for molesting a 17-year old. I'll wait for the evidence before I grab my torch and pitchfork.

Last edited:
seems like hollywood i pretty forgiving about this kind of thing.
Look at Bill Cosby and woody allen lately and how many people defended them.... Cosby was accused of targeting, grooming, then drugging and raping young women as early as the 1970s but seems like people dont really have a problem with that.

i also remember what Corey feldman said about Hollywood's approval of child abuse and how people went against him.

Ah, I read a different one. Eh, I don't know. The whole thing just sounds awfully punctual to me. Guy has a multi-million dollar movie coming out; is part of a lawsuit for molesting a 17-year old. I'll wait for the evidence before I grab my torch and pitchfork.

Well, Singers already had money(previous X-Men, Superman, Usual Suspects) and this movie hasn't made any yet.

I don't know what to believe except that, like I said, this isn't the first time he's been accused of this kinda thing. I dunno if he's guilty or not but I can tell you, either way, it's probably going to hurt DOFP. This is like the only kinda bad publicity.

Well, Singers already had money(previous X-Men, Superman, Usual Suspects) and this movie hasn't made any yet.

I don't know what to believe except that, like I said, this isn't the first time he's been accused of this kinda thing. I dunno if he's guilty or not but I can tell you, either way, it's probably going to hurt DOFP. This is like the only kinda bad publicity.

Oh, undoubtedly, but it just sounds kind of fishy to me. Some articles were reporting that this is the most FOX has sunk into a movie since Avatar, and I'm sure no small part of that was paying Singer's salary. It just seems awfully convenient that the marketing and hype is ramping up, and, suddenly, someone comes out of the woodwork with a lawsuit against the director. Maybe it's just the society we live in, but I've seen so many of these suits where it's just somebody looking to grab a piece of the pie that it's made me quite cynical about the whole thing, and, frankly, I don't know what to believe anymore, as far as Hollywood goes.

Last edited:
seems like hollywood i pretty forgiving about this kind of thing.
Look at Bill Cosby and woody allen lately and how many people defended them.... Cosby was accused of targeting, grooming, then drugging and raping young women as early as the 1970s but seems like people dont really have a problem with that.

i also remember what Corey feldman said about Hollywood's approval of child abuse and how people went against him.

I never knew about the Bill Cosby allegations. Looks like the Cos might've stuck his puddin' pop where it didn't belong.

cosby.gif

pxysA.gif

nuXRqik.gif

Oh, undoubtedly, but it just sounds kind of fishy to me. Some articles were reporting that this is the most FOX has sunk into a movie since Avatar, and I'm sure no small part of that was paying Singer's salary. It just seems awfully convenient that the marketing and hype is ramping up, and, suddenly, someone comes out of the woodwork with a lawsuit against the director. Maybe it's just the society we live in, but I've seen so many of these suits where it's just somebody looking to grab a piece of the pie that it's made me quite cynical about the whole thing, and, frankly, I don't know what to believe anymore, as far as Hollywood goes.

kind of like how celebrity nude pics happen to leak right before a movie is coming out

Yep, I just think 16 years is an awfully long time to wait before deciding that "justice needs to be served."

Last edited:
Depends on the victim/s.

Look at the Sandusky case.

That's very true. I don't know, though. Waiting 16-years is one thing; waiting a month before one of the guy's biggest movies hits theaters is another. Like I said, I'm just skeptical when it comes to these things.

Depends on the victim/s.

Look at the Sandusky case.

And catholic priests. It can be scary to want to take on someone with power and money.

I've already made it clear I'm not taking any particular side until we see how this plays out, but we shouldn't be any quicker to dismiss what could be a victim of a pretty horrible thing than we are to defend Singer. Especially if it ends up being true.

If the guy's a victim, then, absolutely, it's horrible, but I'm just pointing out the obvious. Lucrative movie is marketed; director of lucrative movie is sued for something that allegedly happened almost two decades ago; just looking at it from that angle, if the guy's for real, he's got a real uphill battle to go through, if he wants to lend credence to his case.

I've always hated the way she looked in the movies. I know they were not going to make her look the same as the comic but to me she never felt like Rogue. even from the first movie i had problems with her.

she felt too young and too immature, too childish. this whole character was just a mess, she really was a waste in the movies.

I agree. For me I don't mind her not flying around and with superman strength like in the comics but at least I wish they gave her a stronger personality, brave and a bit seductive. In the movie, she was very weak, sensitive and always worry about her feelings.

I thought Iceman "Bobby" will be the same but at least he developed his power in X3 the last stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree with you guys. This was one of those issues I take with comic movies, where they fundamentally change the nature of a character. The Jubilee comparison to the movie version is appropriate.

Not gonna get into the Singer accusations. Obviously, if they are true, then he's the lowest form of scum. But there are always shady people out there willing to hurt others with lies for personal gain.

If the guy's a victim, then, absolutely, it's horrible, but I'm just pointing out the obvious. Lucrative movie is marketed; director of lucrative movie is sued for something that allegedly happened almost two decades ago; just looking at it from that angle, if the guy's for real, he's got a real uphill battle to go through, if he wants to lend credence to his case.

the thing is who would want to be accused of this? even if you are getting paid this accusation will follow him forever.
I mean if the studio was behind this i wonder why would Singer even agree. And this might even hurt the movie now. Any publicity is good publicity but in this case i don't know if this is the king of publicity that singer and the studio would want

I don't think anyone was implying that the studio set this up as opposed to that the guy who's claiming he was raped may be a liar seeking a quick settlement to keep things out of the public during a time where the Studio needs to focus on promoting the movie.

I'm very curious to see if Singer simply pays to make this go away or will take it on to defend his reputation. I don't imagine a pay off would make Singer look good. Personally, I'd rather say some ****** bag tricked me by preying on my emotions, than that I defended a pedophile rapist.

My buddy had me watch the trailer where they go down and rescue Magneto. Kind of wish I hadn't watched it now, but holy ****, this is starting to look amazing.

Back