X-Men: Days of Future Past

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last night, Wolverine came down from planet Vulcan and he told me that if I didn't break Magneto out, that he'd melt my brain.

Last night, Wolverine came down from planet Vulcan and he told me that if I didn't take Magneto out, that he'd melt my brain.

g55ad66d4.jpg

I would take that positively, that they are giving themselves the time to do it right, except that this is the WB/Snyder/Goyer. So, I don't think it will matter.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Not even close.

:exactly: couldn't take new trailer srsly :monkey4

Actually it’s from the original song :slap

An epic 70’s track that goes hand in hand with the trailer primarily showing the past cast.

The Avengers was killed already this year by TWS, and was killed before it was released by X2, TDK, SM2, STM, IM1 etc…

Looks like it should be cool enough. I'm not sure why Charles is walking in some scenes and not in others.

The Empire interview said something about Hank making him something that helps him walk again, but it comes with a price.

That was pretty awesome. If this didn't change your mind then you guys are simply being stubborn! I'm looking at you Deckard ;)!

Nothing wrong with the "getting the band back together" plotline. It gives all the characters an arc. Too easy? Maybe. But it's one way to kick everything in gear ASAP and still make you care about the journey the characters are making. I like that it's Logan having to do the recruiting too since he was initially the most cynical one.

I didn't think Quicksilver would be playing such a significant role in the movie. The original reports made it sound like they were just giving him a cameo just for the sake of keeping the character within the license.

And yeah, it looks like Charles isn't fully paralyzed.

:exactly: :lecture

The Avengers worked like this also, even though it has 4 films prior to it’s release to set everything up. The whole point of that movie is recruiting the main 4 members, and getting them to work together with Shield to take down what wasn’t even that much of a threat. Hulk could have handled everything just fine. I guess it’s only bad when FOX’s X-Men does it though :dunno

Last edited:
I would have preferred an X-Men First Class Sequel.
I thought that was a refreshingly cool little reboot, but nah, lets get Singer back with Halle Berry in her fright wig, and yet more bloody Jackman as Wolverine.
Sick of them.

Is it their intention to ultimately show the entire film by way of trailers that people have to assemble all the clips together in the correct order? How many more trailers will it take? RELEASE THE ****ING FILM ALREADY!!

Is it their intention to ultimately show the entire film by way of trailers that people have to assemble all the clips together in the correct order? How many more trailers will it take? RELEASE THE ****ING FILM ALREADY!!

Theres only 3 trailers and a heavily edited clip, the first trailer being nothing but a montage of scenes explaining nothing about the plot. Spiderman has like 6 trailers, and about 10 clips, and TWS had 2 trailers, and the first 10 minutes of the film released before it even hit theaters. TWS and ASM2 both showed off a chunk of the final battles also.

You believing DOFP is showing too much, is beyond me.

An epic 70’s track that goes hand in hand with the trailer primarily showing the past cast.
Yet again you're fooling yourself :lol
It's not epic in any way and doesn't fit with trailer's visuals.
Movie set in 1973, Kashmir was released in 1975 (no one cares if lyrics were written in '73).

The Avengers was killed already this year by TWS, and was killed before it was released by X2, TDK, SM2, STM, IM1, etc. It has 4 films prior to it’s release to set everything up and the whole point of that movie is recruiting the main 4 members, and getting them to work together with Shield to take down what wasn’t even that much of a threat. Hulk could have handled everything just fine.
This speaks for itself, ladies and gentlemen :lol

Yet again you're fooling yourself :lol
It's not epic in any way and doesn't fit with trailer's visuals.
Movie set in 1973, Kashmir was released in 1975 (no one cares if lyrics were written in '73).

This speaks for itself, ladies and gentlemen :lol

Holy nitpick Batman! Now a song has to be chosen for the same year a movie takes place :thud:

Maybe “Boogie Down” would have helped you enjoy the trailer a bit more :lol

One thing I love about what I've seen is that Wolverine seems like he's grown a lot as a character, since we first saw him in X-Men. Hell, really, since we've seen him in anything other than this. He's so much more understanding, and he doesn't seem quite as cynical, nor as much of a lone wolf. I'm curious to see how that plays out.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/16/anna-paquins-rogue-not-cut-from-x-men-days-of-future-past

Last December, director Bryan Singer himself announced that Rogue (Anna Paquin) had been cut from X-Men: Days of Future Past due to her only scene -- an elaborate rescue scene that also featured Iceman (Shawn Ashmore), Magneto (Ian McKellen) and Professor X (Patrick Stewart) -- being judged an extraneous "embarrassment of riches" during the editing process. However, that no longer appears to be the case.

When the eagle-eyed folks at BuzzFeed noticed Paquin's name attached to the final trailer released this week, a 20th Century Fox rep confirmed to the site that Rogue will indeed be appearing in the film, stating, “Essentially, [it’s] a cameo.” Whether this news confirms that the rescue scene is back in the film or they’ve found another way to include Rogue remains to be seen.While it sounds like Paquin's role won't be too substantial based on that tiny snippet of an answer, X-fans should be relieved to know that one of the first X-Men to appear on the big screen has not been excluded from the jam-packed Days of Future Past reunion.

X-Men: Days of Future Past hits theaters May 23.

Back