Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My second attempt at getting replacement domes for vader has failed. According to them, it looks the same. WTF!?!?

I don't know if dealing with SSCs china branch has anything to do with this BS, but I can't believe they are giving me such a hard time over this. Now my retailer has suggested I do one more final run with a comparison chart. Goddamit are they this effin blind?!? If that doesn't work...**** you SSC, **** you.

My second attempt at getting replacement domes for vader has failed. According to them, it looks the same. WTF!?!?

I don't know if dealing with SSCs china branch has anything to do with this BS, but I can't believe they are giving me such a hard time over this. Now my retailer has suggested I do one more final run with a comparison chart. Goddamit are they this effin blind?!? If that doesn't work...**** you SSC, **** you.

To be honest, your retailer should have been dealing with this for you so you don't have to go through all this. The responsibility should really lie with them as you purchased it from them. Hope it all works out for you mate.

To be honest, your retailer should have been dealing with this for you so you don't have to go through all this. The responsibility should really lie with them as you purchased it from them. Hope it all works out for you mate.

I know man...but truthfully, this shouldn't come as a surprise since I'm in china and dealing with retailers or distributors here. You literally have to jump through hoops to get even the simplest of things either exchanged, replaced or returned. If this final run doesn't work, I'm just gonna directly email SSc to lodge a complaint. I don't care if I didn't purchase this through them, this isn't right. I mean, if the US branch can't do squat with the china branch...well, once again, eff them.

LOOK OUT! There's a guy selling what he describes as officially licensed Sideshow Darth Vader light-up lightsabers on eBay when they're actually Kotobukiya's light-up chopsticks.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HOT-STAR-WARS-DARTH-VADER-LIGHT-UP-LIGHTSABER-RED-SIDESHOW-DELUXE-DX07-TOYS-NEW-/261456988667?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3ce00d09fb&nma=true&si=093UNngGaqe0Dx2ovKdLDO3FjKU%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I actually almost took the bait until I read how long they measured in length. They may look a bit oversized being held by the Vader figure, but it may actually work. Anyone actually try this out to see how it looks?

1092090bssdfsdsdfsdf.jpg

:lol Hehe, those chopsticks are going to be almost as tall as Vader… They look to be close to 12" long. And the hilt looks like it's 1/5 or larger "scale," plus mis-proportioned. But I'm sure they'll work wonders on ramen or cashew beef.

There's a reason that guy's auction doesn't show a 1/6 figure next to the saber. The hilt is almost 1" longer than the Sideshow Vader hilts (both ANH and Deluxe RotJ). It's also going to act like a flashlight with a projected beam coming off the tip of the saber. Maybe if I have some time I'll do such an LED mod on a Sideshow saber to show everyone what it looks like. Sideshow's Deluxe Vader blade is actually clear and painted with translucent red.

Someone just bought at best offer. There's no shortage of them on eBay in multiple variations:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=lightsaber+chopsticks&_sacat=0

starwars-chop-01.jpg

Last edited:
From what I've read these arent too good for eating with either due to the slick texture of the blade not being able to pick anything up.

Hey guys got my replacement head sculpt a few weeks ago. The head is not crooked (at least I can't tell that it is) however his right eye is painted so it looks like he's got a lazy eye. Not sure I want to email SS again on this. How hard is it to separate the head from the collar? I'm thinking about just doing that and resetting the first one that I have. The eyes are fine with that one.

Thanks!

How hard is it to separate the head from the collar?
Not hard... just use a narrow prying tool on both sides where the notches on the neck are glued into the slots in the collar. There might be a very small touch of glue on the cheek areas too, but the break mark will be hidden under the lower mask section after you replace it.

Not hard... just use a narrow prying tool on both sides where the notches on the neck are glued into the slots in the collar. There might be a very small touch of glue on the cheek areas too, but the break mark will be hidden under the lower mask section after you replace it.

Thanks!

I'm thinking of ordering this figure and I was wondering if Sideshow's signature required policy means that they need my signature or just any signature?

Anyone over 18 I think.
You could also sign up for ups my choice and that gives you lots of options.
I just change mine to pick up and go to my local ups to get it at my convenience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone's. I've never signed for any of my Sideshow deliveries personally.

Funny, I usually don't either. My secretary signs for them. Back in the day, I did take off work and wait for my Hulk PF delivery, but have since changed my delivery address to my work office. Anyone can sign.

Isn't that just a blown up shot of the 6" Hasbro Black series Stormtrooper figure? :lol

edit; - actually, it looks bigger than that. Also the light at the end of the blaster indicates that it's a larger scale figure.

Where'd you get that pic dude?

Isn't that just a blown up shot of the 6" Hasbro Black series Stormtrooper figure? :lol

edit; - actually, it looks bigger than that. Also the light at the end of the blaster indicates that it's a larger scale figure.

Where'd you get that pic dude?

Link is at the bottom of my post, its featured on rebel scum. I am not sure how good it will look in hand. I am just guessing its 12" based upon the looks of it. The size is the one thing I am not entirely sure of. It looks to be about right. But yes... it does look like a blown up Black Series version lol.

Back