Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I finally got a Vader, and while he's impressive and display's nice, I found myself frustrated with his body. Specifically his arms, I have a ANH Vader, and I got some really cool poses with his arms and I'm having trouble getting them out of Vader. Is it just a "Breaking it in" type of thing?

All in all I'm very happy with it.

So I finally got a Vader, and while he's impressive and display's nice, I found myself frustrated with his body. Specifically his arms, I have a ANH Vader, and I got some really cool poses with his arms and I'm having trouble getting them out of Vader.

Is it an issue with forward and inward range of motion? Someone posted a mod many weeks back showing how chopping some plastic from the chest at the arm socket area greatly increased the range of motion possible.

I know you are selling these and therefore appreciate you don't want to tell us how to actually make these, but just a general question, how easy is it to power these via batteries?

They can be powered with batteries just as easily as they can be powered from an ACDC adapter, but it will require 12v, which means a 12v battery or a few lower voltage batteries connected up in series. You're probably looking at some kind of brick-like battery box either way, and the batteries will need to be able to meet the required current demand. With a different inverter it would be possible to use a 9v or some other voltage battery or batteries as long as they also meet the current demand of the CCFL load.

Most of the things I'm working on right now are intended to eliminate batteries, so this isn't something I'm going to be trying any time soon. ;)

Last edited:
If the ANH version is anything to go by this thing will be worth a pretty penny.

I didn't have intentions on reselling when I bought it, but after I modified the ANH version I felt satisfied with that one.

And tbh, this one isn't holding up for me for some reason. That, mixed with the fact I'm working on a custom, leaves me little reason to keep it.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

If the ANH version is anything to go by this thing will be worth a pretty penny.

I didn't have intentions on reselling when I bought it, but after I modified the ANH version I felt satisfied with that one.

And tbh, this one isn't holding up for me for some reason. That, mixed with the fact I'm working on a custom, leaves me little reason to keep it.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

I can hear your Vader crying : "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!". :rotfl

Hope we can see your custom soon. :)

Your ANH custom is nice, man - that's all you need really.

The amount of modding that's being done to the new one (while understandable) is hilarious.

Every time I see a pic of the stock one, I just want to dropkick it like a football. :lol

Seemingly needs more modding than the ANH and I'm not sure it will look as good when done.

It will still be a while before it's out of stock though. We haven't even gotten a chance to feel the dissapointment here in Europe yet. :)

Been looking forward to posing him with the emperor
DSC_0978(resized).jpg
Close up of this guy...just because I thought it looked cool
DSC_0985(resized).jpg
DSC_0987(resized).jpg

He look nice. :)

Why you guys hate him so much ? There's so many mistakes on him ?

Sorry I didn't read the whole thread yet. :p

At this point, seriously ? He's really bad ?

To some maybe but I still am loving the stock figure.
I had the first Vader and out of the box there's no way I liked that one better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We don't hate him, but there's always a problem with vader figures. So you need to fixed him the way you imagine him, just matter of individual perspective of perfection. Sorry for bad english..

Amazing. :)

We don't hate him, but there's always a problem with vader figures. So you need to fixed him the way you imagine him, just matter of individual perspective of perfection. Sorry for bad english..

Your english's perfectly fine, at least for me. ;)

I don't see what really are the problems with this Vader, at least for me. The no-lit ligthsaber upset me, the Anakin head but that's it.

I've seen the original trilogy many times but I had not stopped the films all the time to see all the details so I can understand some hardcore fans expect the "perfect movie replica".

That said, I've bought the Jakks Pacific 31inc Vader... :monkey3

I think I have to read all the thread to see the mistakes before buying this Vader.^^

Cheers.

I like my Vader personally, but I'm no customizer either so maybe that plays into a little. I really need to find an Imperial Throne for my Emperor to properly pose them together.

That said, I've bought the Jakks Pacific 31inc Vader... :monkey3

I think I have to read all the thread to see the mistakes before buying this Vader.^^

Cheers.
Sounds like you're golden then - no need for the SSC one. :duff :lol

No, seriously.. do yourself a favour & glance over the 'customizing' thread at your leisure - it'll give you a pretty good idea of the inaccuracies that this figure has.

I think this version comes off a bit more cartoonish or something ? I have a slightly modded Anh vr (dome and new cape) and it comes across with more realism then this version

Back