Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interstellar is another film I think that has a chance for top too. We'll see

Just got back. Here's my review.

Incredible movie.

The parallels between Caesar and Macomlb representing the trusting and good in both species and desire for peace and co-existence for their species and families sake and the parallel between Koba and Dreyfus' as the hardened and warmongering of the species were perfectly realised

The blue eyes subplot reminded me of Days of future past in the way that Blue Eyes (Mystique) was struggling to decide whose ideals to follow, Caesar (Xavier) or Koba (Magneto).

I'd venture to say this movie is a remake or re-imagining of Battle for the Planet of the Apes given the story of Ape community vs human community, Ape shall no kill Ape and even the fight ending
Spoiler Spoiler:

The movie represented the good and evil tendencies of both species so well. We the audience don't want either to go to war but it's something that seems inevitable and something that even though we side with the Apes as they are the more pure Species had us not want to choose a side.

Koba was a true standout, one of the best villains of the 21st Century, imo. Kebbell IMO deserves a best supporting actor nomination. I loved his arc of wanting revenge so much it overrode his love of his community and species.

While a spectacular movie it didn't have some problems. It ran too long, started to drag after the assault on the Human colony. It was at times a little predictable and perhaps a bit to sentimental.

The score was very impressive. The subtle throwbacks to the originals score when riding to the Human colony for the firs time was excellent

All in all this has cemented this year as one of the best for sequels and this franchise is tracking to have one of the best trilogies.

If this doesn't get an Oscar for visual effects I'd be shocked they were that good. So good that by the end you forgot they were effects.

When
Spoiler Spoiler:
my jaw dropped, I was shocked. I mean I knew he had issues and was the villain but
Spoiler Spoiler:
. It was almost Shakespearean the way it unfolded

I seen this on the booking screens when I was seeing GOTG yesterday, I think I will catch it next week if its still showing

;)

JX4sy0r.jpg

It sucks that HMV don't have an online store anymore:( the closest store to me is nearly 60 miles away, I'll have to get the steelbook on ebay.

I guess for Godzilla it's only in 3D?

Those are cool but I on't know if I have any of those stores by me. Time to google search.

EDIT: Damn, there is diddily squat around me for them. And I live in a busy area too there's everything around me.

I'll be getting Godzilla too. I doubt it's only 3D. The regular bluray should be included too.

Now to find out wtf is hmv. :)

Back