Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just waiting for one of them to speak. :lol

Caesar-saying-no-in-Dawn-of-the-Planet-of-the-Apes-GIF.gif

:lol

Good movie but I noticed the Battlship shot from the trailer wasn't used in the movie.
Id like more info on that.

I saw the movie today and loved it. The effects were amazing, but beyond that, there was just great character developments, particularly with the apes.

I do agree that Ceaser would have to be gone for the humans to be enslaved. I'm gathering it might be some time later for the story to evolve to that long after Ceaser has gone.

Saw it last night and what a great film, sequel aside it was a great film overall.

No need to rush the story forward really, it was only the second film and i think it changed the dynamic enough and gave a credible reason for why mankind had started to be eradicated and how the apes were evolving. We know how it's going to end so why not flesh out how it came it came to be, when the plot and character development is this good.

Nothing filler about it

Good movie but I noticed the Battlship shot from the trailer wasn't used in the movie.
Id like more info on that.

I read that was from an alternate ending they filmed. Reeves felt that was too much into the 3rd movie and just wanted the emotional ending it has now.

Rewatched the first three classic Apes films. I still love Beneath. It was by no means a chore. I enjoyed Escape too and noticed another Rise Easter Egg I'd never seen before. James Franco
drives a Jeep Wagoneer and so do the doctors Cornelius and Zira befriend.

Finally watched what was supposedly going to be my movie of the year so far, as I've been eagerly awaiting the Dawn of the Planet of the Apes for some time now. It didn't quite make it as my best film of the year so far...for me (that title still goes to The Raid 2) :yess: However, it was still a great watch and like so many have said, a superb sequel to the Rise of the Planet of the Apes. Although slow at times, the storyline was good and the VFX was amazing! Loved Koba!! Awesome scenes with this guy :rock

Managed to watch 'Rise' last night as it was on the TV and actually preferred this movie to 'Dawn' :dunno favourite scene of the movie is the part where Ceasar begins to gather the respect and allegiance of the other apes in the monkey confinery :rock

Already cant wait for the next instalment...

Yeah that moment in Rise when Caesar changes and develops his plan is great. You can pretty much see it in his eyes.

:exactly: :rock I think that part of the film where Caesar ends up being taken away and placed in the ape enclosure is what makes 'RISE' slightly better than 'DAWN' in my opinion...from the moment where you see him sad and out of his comfort zone where he sketches the window in his cell to the part where Will (James Franco) bribes the keeper to free Caesar and Caesar just turns his back on him as if to say...'I belong here now!' :rock2

Saw this last night I thoroughly enjoyed it!
The FX and 3D were amazing. Agreed on Koba, dude stole the show.
And it's amazing how unsettling a chimpanzee on horseback can be.

:exactly: :rock I think that part of the film where Caesar ends up being taken away and placed in the ape enclosure is what makes 'RISE' slightly better than 'DAWN' in my opinion...from the moment where you see him sad and out of his comfort zone where he sketches the window in his cell to the part where Will (James Franco) bribes the keeper to free Caesar and Caesar just turns his back on him as if to say...'I belong here now!' :rock2

I saw this over the weekend and I greatly prefer Dawn to Rise and I felt the moment where Koba tossed Ash was far more power and sad than anything in Rise. I felt Koba's arc was more powerful and heartbreaking than Ceasars story in the first, just because how terrible he was but that reinforced Ceasars badassness in the Ape world, freaking outstanding how they built up to the final conflict, some of the best script writing and pacing in a Sci Fi movie I've seen in a long time.

"Dawn" has a lot of parallels to "Battle for the Planet of the Apes"... but done so much better. i really enjoyed it.

I hope this becomes one of those sets of films (whether it's three of four films in total) that can be appreciated as a whole once it's complete. Of course everyone will have a favourite film out of Rise/Dawn/etc/etc but I'd like it to be viewed as one very good story arc.

Back