Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where would you rank Dawn with the rest of the series?

It's really hard to say. The Classics really hold a place in my heart and when I saw Rise I loved it but not enough to rank it up with the Classics. I would have to say now seeing Dawn this is up there with the Classics film. As good as the first and second ape film. Like I stated it really is hard to rank but this one really out did itself.

It's really hard to say. The Classics really hold a place in my heart and when I saw Rise I loved it but not enough to rank it up with the Classics. I would have to say now seeing Dawn this is up there with the Classics film. As good as the first and second ape film. Like I stated it really is hard to rank but this one really out did itself.

I’m pretty much feel the same, I would rank it behind Planet, and Escape, those are my two favorites in the Ape series.

I’m pretty much feel the same, I would rank it behind Planet, and Escape, those are my two favorites in the Ape series.

My favorites are Planet, Beneath and Conquest. It's definitely up there with Planet and Beneath. This film really was such a great movie.

My favorites are Planet, Beneath and Conquest. It's definitely up there with Planet and Beneath. This film really was such a great movie.

It’s been so long since I’ve seen Conquest I can’t really rank it.

It’s been so long since I’ve seen Conquest I can’t really rank it.

I really love Conquest. It's such a underrated film of the franchise. It really blew me away when I saw it just because it's a powerful movie for it's time. If you get rid of the stupid alternate ending and add the original in than it just becomes a great film. You can compare both Classic and New to each other because they relate very well. Nothing but the best here. I'm seriously impressed beyond any other film I've seen in a long time.

I really love Conquest. It's such a underrated film of the franchise. It really blew me away when I saw it just because it's a powerful movie for it's time. If you get rid of the stupid alternate ending and add the original in than it just becomes a great film. You can compare both Classic and New to each other because they relate very well. Nothing but the best here. I'm seriously impressed beyond any other film I've seen in a long time.

I plan on giving it a watch tomorrow.

Saw this today, really incredible film. The FX are just amazing, the level of detail on the characters and all the small details that make things look realistic. And it was shot in a way that didn't look fake. The 3D is also really good, it's not really a movie that tries to highlight the 3D, but it was clearly shot in 3D and looks pretty fantastic.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005...200_QL40&qid=1405172593&sr=8-1#ref=mp_s_a_1_1

A great price. Just ordered it this morning. I don't have a working VCR to watch my VHS collection. This includes the documentary hosted by Roddy McDowell. So $4 a movie and an awesome documentary? Can't go wrong with that!

I will get all 5 movies. Hopefully there is an available box set.

Here you go, you must've missed it on the last page. Kinda pricey for a blind buy but pretty reasonable considering what you get.

I don't think I'd be able to rank these with the originals. I love both series and don't feel the need to compare them. Let's just all agree they're better than Tim Burton's reimagining!

Rupert Wyatt and Matt Reeves have humiliated Tim Burton.

Where would you rank Dawn with the rest of the series?

My friends here are going to hate me for saying this... but this movie is in an entirely different class. The best comparison I have heard is that if Rise of the Planet of the Apes is Batman Begins, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is The Dark Knight. I was telling a friend that if this movie weren't about monkies, people would be saying it is one of the best war dramas in recent history. And I'm only barely exaggerating. And I didn't even see the 3D version.

Now I just need to find a place that sells the Caesar on horseback poster!

Saw it for a second time today, this time in 3D. The film is even better the second time. It didn't feel quite so rushed like the first time, if that makes any sense. The 3D is really good, but definitely not a necessity to appreciate this film. It works well because of the digital apes. Koba is such a great "villain" type character! The thing is, I totally get why Koba would view humans as a threat that should be stopped immediately. Does not make him right but that is part of why this film works so well for me: that there are not real villains or right/wrong. It is a matter of trust. Anyway, this is now my favorite film of the summer. My personal rankings of the Ape films:
Planet of the Apes
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
Conquest of the Planet of the Apes
Rise of the Planet of the Apes
Escape from the Planet of the Apes
Beneath the Planet of the Apes
Battle for the Planet of the Apes

Might not be the place to ask, but how likely is it that Neca will issue repaints of Caesar and Koba without the war paint? I don't like that look and it was in arguably the weakest scene of the whole movie. I'd buy at the very least a Caesar.

One thing I noticed in one of the last previews was a scene in which a naval ship was coming up the coast line - not sure what class ship it was but definately military. I looked for it in the movie but did not see it, even stayed through all the credits thinking they would show it then. I guess it got cut from the movie but does anybody remember seeing this scene in the trailer? I know one of the survivors got in contact with a military base near the end and they were heading that way but it would have been a cool scene to see.

Watched it twice already!! About time we get a good blockbuster this summer!!

I feel like this has been one of the best blockbuster summers in a long time, and theres still more to come.

I feel like this has been one of the best blockbuster summers in a long time, and theres still more to come.

This is like the best summer I've ever seen, as far as sequels go. Dawn, DoFP, Cap, 22 Jump Street; there hasn't been a bad sequel.:lol

This is like the best summer I've ever seen, as far as sequels go. Dawn, DoFP, Cap, 22 Jump Street; there hasn't been a bad sequel.:lol

Well, Spiderman 2 was pretty mixed, and theres Transformers 4 which I haven’t seen yet.

We still have TMNT, and GOTG, hopefully those two movies won’t suck. Even if they do, this summer has been awesome.

Back