Premium Format Darth Malgus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not bad but doesn't looks as natural as some other photos i have seen. like this for one...

9721774356_f456dcc71f_c.jpg

there was another one on the statue forum but i cannot locate it. i have not put the cape on my malgus yet tho.

:lecture That is how I currently have the cape on Malgus as well, with even more of the shoulder armor concealed.

Hey guys, I have to admit that I initially scoffed at buying Malgus, I also scoffed at collectors buying Malgus. I couldn't understand why they were dropping so much money on a lesser known Star Wars character, but after playing the game, researching the characters involved, and viewing countless pics and vids of this statue as it came to the hands of fellow collectors, I realized that I HAD to jump on the Malgus bandwagon.

I missed out on all the ones Sideshow had on their website (EX & Regular), but thankfully he was still in stock via BBTS. So before I ended up paying an aftermarket price for him, I decided to pull the rip cord for one of the ones left on BBTS.

Anywho, he came in today, and right out of the box, I have to give him a 7 of 10. But before you guys chop my head off...the statue itself is flawless. I can't believe how awesomely detailed, big, and heavy it is. I was totally blown away in amazement, but then I took out the base. It really is a beautiful simplistic base. Perfect for a statue the size of Malgus; however, it had horrible paint runoff. In a dim-lit room, it's not really noticeable, but I unwrapped it during the day and I immediately saw the dried bleeding paint going completely around the black portion of the base. It's really bad.

There were also several scratch marks around the black part of the base...mainly near the switch. If my base was painted correctly, there's no question this statue is a 10 of 10. I'll post a pic of what the runoff looks like. You'll be able to see how it looks in one area because the light is exposing it perfectly. You won't really be able to notice it in the darker areas, but I assure you guys, it goes all the way around.

Well, all I gotta say is thank God for Spazzy. I contacted him, and he's agreed to fix the base for me. I also noticed that on the 'wood finish' there is quite a bit of paint fade where is right foot connects to the base. At first I thought that his foot would just cover it up, but upon inserting him into his base, I discovered that the faded paint area extends in an area beyond his right foot.

I studied a few other pics in this forum and found that there are a few other bases that have this faded paint scheme around his right foot. Has anyone noticed this? I thought that it might have something to do with the electrical component that's positioned under the base near his right foot.

Other than that, he's absolutely perfect. All the lights work. His saber lights up like the Space Needle. I already can't wait to get my freshly painted base back. Love this statue.

Got my new freshly painted Malgus base back from Spazzy today and couldn't be happier with how it came out. It looks absolutely brand new. It's now a perfect 10 statue. Thanks, Spazzy.

Grats! Fine piece, indeed. I haven't noticed these issues with my piece. I hope you get it all fixed up so you can really enjoy it as a 10/10 as it deserves. :)

you could also contact SS to see if they have a replacement base for you.

I thought about that, but if SS did have one available, I didn't wanna risk getting another crappy one that someone exchanged, or even worse, one that wasn't functional. I just feel more comfortable not going through all the SS hassle, and knowing I can send it to someone out there who can make it look the way it's supposed to look.

By the way, I thinks he looks best fully cloaked, with his hood over his head and over his shoulder armor. Exactly the way he's pictured on pg. 259 in here. He looks like a badass cybernetic wizard that you wouldn't wanna screw around with.

Did anyone encounter a broken leg (peg side)?
I read its usually separated at the knee part, so im assuming that the leg is not one piece but just joined at the knee part?
Can it be glued back together?
Thanks

I read its usually separated at the knee part, so im assuming that the leg is not one piece but just joined at the knee part?
Thanks
I don't recall this piece separating at the knee.
If you just got it, try contacting sideshow.

my first one came with a broken leg as well... would not try to fix that because he is so heavy ...and that joint is crucial for this piece to stand

Thanks

My WL converted a week ago and I got him yesterday with a broken peg side leg also, seems to be the pressure point for the whole figure. Hopefully they still have replacements at this late stage.

My WL converted a week ago and I got him yesterday with a broken peg side leg also, seems to be the pressure point for the whole figure. Hopefully they still have replacements at this late stage.

Ouch! Sorry to hear.
If they don't have a replacement they'll offer some discount and if you still don't like it, they'll have you return it for a refund, but you're still left without a Malgus. :(

Ouch! Sorry to hear.
If they don't have a replacement they'll offer some discount and if you still don't like it, they'll have you return it for a refund, but you're still left without a Malgus. :(

Yea, I have been through the process before unfortunately a few times. I kicked myself for not getting the EX, then waited too long for the regular and had to jump on the WL. When it converted I was happy, but now not so much. Even broken he is still impressive, hopefully it works out.

I purchased one from eBay with a broken leg at a nice discount. It's his right leg where the wires run through so they were broken as well. But my brother glued it up nice for me and it sits perfectly fine on my shelf with no one but me knowing about they previously broken leg. Still very sturdy and stable. Aside from the light up features not working, getting it for 1/2 price was a good deal for me.

I'm almost positive all my brother used was loctite super glue. He tried some other adhesives/glue made for resin statues and said it didn't hold at all.

image.jpgimage.jpg

As you can see from the photo (hope it uploaded) if I didn't tell you then you would never know he's got a busted knee!

Back