Avengers Iron Man Mark VII Life Sized Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also it's been confirmed by sideshow that I'll be receiving a brand new replacement bust. Originally they were thinking of sending a new head based on the pics I sent them and they were going to try and match it up but I don't think would solve the problem as it may still not match perfectly 100% so we'd be back to square one again :dunno

Thanks for looking guys :)

If they are sending you a new bust will you have to destroy the current one or do you have to mail it back? This thing is insanely heavy.

Also it's been confirmed by sideshow that I'll be receiving a brand new replacement bust. Originally they were thinking of sending a new head based on the pics I sent them and they were going to try and match it up but I don't think would solve the problem as it may still not match perfectly 100% so we'd be back to square one again :dunno

Thanks for looking guys :)

Wait, all the busts have two tone/mismatch paint apps on the head and torso?

Looks a lot better.

Thanks Jay :hi5: it's a really simple design and an easy peasy mod plus it's totally removable so you can interchange to your preference :)

If they are sending you a new bust will you have to destroy the current one or do you have to mail it back? This thing is insanely heavy.

Hey Rhodri, gonna get a decision on Tuesday coming up as to what will happen with my Iron Man bust I have here already...I'm guessing the usual sideshow protocol for damaged/faulty goods that are extremely big/heavy would be to smash the heck out of it with a hammer :dunno I doubt they'd ask for it back...I'll keep you updated :)

Wait, all the busts have two tone/mismatch paint apps on the head and torso?

:lol I don't think it's that bad Eric but talking with William at Sideshow last week he seems to think that my case of a two toned bust is not the only one...apparently there have been a few returns for the same reason :horror

Wow, even though the Mark VII is bigger and features the Arc Reactor the Mark III bust still looks 100x better.

Yep, I mentioned that in my review...as happy as I'll be to add the MKVII bust to my collection, I actually have it as my least favourite in my collection with the MKII, III and War Machine all ahead of it.

I've got a feeling that despite the MK42 not being everyone's favourite armour that it's gonna be a contender for the best Iron Man life-size bust to date ;)

Looks like I have to call sideshow because the face plate is a little loose on mine and I can see some glue on the side.
Glue is not that visible unless you are upside down looking for it but the faceplate wiggles and I'm afraid it might fall off some day. the lights work fine though.

I tried to call but their message states that they will not be back until Sept 1st. Which was yesterday. Does their phone system needs better quality control as well?

Anyway my initial thoughts were:

1. I like them heavy but this is very heavy!
Why is there no consistency in weight on these things... this feels like way more than war machine and mark iii combined! It's not all in the ammo packs :lol

2. The arc reactor looks a little better in person because I think there is a piece of acrylic in front of the blue sticker or whatever it is. If it's accurate to the legacy prop I can live with this look but I'm spoiled with war machine

3. Color looks like the comparison pic shown before. I didn't notice any two tone but after reading posts now I'll have to take a closer look.

4. If you look at every nook and cranny you can find spots where the paint is not perfect or the mold is rough but I can live with that. You almost have to be upside down to see some of it though. I have him on a very high shelf right now.

Last edited:
So got the confirmation that my MKVII life-size bust replacement will be shipping this week :) its the last chance saloon for me on this bust as I wont be accepting another replacement if this one arrives with more imperfections :lecture I've been assured that this new replacement will be thoroughly checked before its despatched so there should be NO issues :pray:

As for the original bust...yep, you guessed it...it's......

3837213-1594633124-thor-.gif
:lol

Shakefist.gif

I had my Iron Man bust replaced due to an issue with the left eye (very minor) and the right collar piece not flush with the bust. The new one I got (just yesterday) is in very good shape. :) No issues with the paint, scratches, etc. Looks smokin' hot :) :yess:

I had my IronMan bust replaced due to an issues with the eye (very minor) and the right collar piece not flush with the bust. The new one I got (just yesterday) is in good shape. :) No issues with the paint, or scratches, etc. Looks smokin' hot :)

What happened to the original bust? Some pics of your new one ;)

What happened to the original bust? Some pics of your new one ;)

Actually, they had me send it back - and when SS received it they sent the replacement to me. I thought I was going to have to go M.C. on it, but nope - Sent it back. The replaced bust seems to have a darker red, and oddly enough a lighter gold. So it is hit and miss with the paint jobs...But overall it looks good to me. :)

Oh, one more thing. The head red is slightly (and I mean very slightly) darker than the bust red. Hard to tell, but it is there if you concentrate on it. Also, it seems to be the same red when viewed on the right side (so no diff in color), but a bit darker on the left side. So that tells me that the bust itself is not uniformly painted but has very light variations of red based on how the painter painted it - I suspect that they painted more liberally in some spots than others is perhaps what happned. It is not enough for me to expect, or want, a replacement. In fact I bet most people would not even notice it - even if you tried to point it out.

Mark III looks way better...

Yea, totally agree. I mentioned in my review that this MKVII bust actually comes last in line in next to the Sideshow MKII bust in regards to my personal preference :( don't get me wrong, I still really like the MKVII but when you add up all the pros and cons and then compare them against each Iron Man bust released so far then I'd put the MKIII as the best followed close behind by War Machine. I think the lack of metallic application on the faceplate for the MKVII is a serious flaw...its actually less metallic than the MKIII :dunno and the same goes for the Sideshow MKII bust aswell...the paint app on that one is also mediocre to say the least :(

Actually, they had me send it back - and when SS received it they sent the replacement to me. I thought I was going to have to go M.C. on it, but nope - Sent it back. The replaced bust seems to have a darker red, and oddly enough a lighter gold. So it is hit and miss with the paint jobs...But overall it looks good to me. :)

Oh, one more thing. The head red is slightly (and I mean very slightly) darker than the bust red. Hard to tell, but it is there if you concentrate on it. Also, it seems to be the same red when viewed on the right side (so no diff in color), but a bit darker on the left side. So that tells me that the bust itself is not uniformly painted but has very light variations of red based on how the painter painted it - I suspect that they painted more liberally in some spots than others is perhaps what happned. It is not enough for me to expect, or want, a replacement. In fact I bet most people would not even notice it - even if you tried to point it out.

That's awesome news regarding your replacement bro :clap hopefully I can be just as happy with mine once it arrives :pray: hate the fact I have to smash mine up...think I'd prefer sending it back :(

I think my head and body color match is pretty close.
But looks like they will send me a new head and I have to send back the old one.
Usually when this happens I get something that is in worse shape than the original because they don't know how to pack stuff.
Probably will have a color problem.

Are the paint apps on the Mark VI legendary scale better than on this or comparable?

Back