Avengers Iron Man Mark VII Life Sized Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol :lol btw, I took this pic (ironically) before I even opened the box!!!

a5ezavyb.jpg

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

It's funny, I just got warned by a mod at Statue Forum because I was speaking too negatively about Sideshow. I guess some people don't want to hear the truth

That reminds me of Enterbay Bill shutting down his FB or Instagram account bc he couldn't stomach the negative feedback fans were giving of constantly crappy releases.

Why is the Iron Man Mark 7 bust have this in black and the Iron Man Mark 7 LSF in gray ? Should't they be the same ?

Attachments

• dy7adujy.jpg
    dy7adujy.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 297
  • busted iron man.jpg
    busted iron man.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 298
OMG!!! :gah:
This is getting ridiculous!!!!
They can't even match both red... what a disgrace!!!! :slap :slap :slap :slap

That SSC seal is getting stickied everywhere without any proper inspection and they need to get their **** together and DO the work because this is getting beyond beyond ridiculous... I'm trying to stay positive facing SSC but it seems everyday now that they screw up another Iron Man figure...
- IM MKVI LSB
- IM MKVII Bust
- IM MKVII LSF
and they announced MKII, III, V and VII... can't imagine more and more screw up...

OMG!!! :gah:
This is getting ridiculous!!!!
They can't even match both red... what a disgrace!!!! :slap :slap :slap :slap

That SSC seal is getting stickied everywhere without any proper inspection and they need to get their **** together and DO the work because this is getting beyond beyond ridiculous... I'm trying to stay positive facing SSC but it seems everyday now that they screw up another Iron Man figure...
- IM MKVI LSB
- IM MKVII Bust
- IM MKVII LSF
and they announced MKII, III, V and VII... can't imagine more and more screw up...

I know Marc...so fustrating buddy :( there are dark clouds looming over Sideshow right now and companies like XM Studios are only getting better with each statue they release...

Honestly, this release is officially a freaking disaster. No way I'll ever pre-order another big ticket item from sideshow ever again. In hand pictures first... I don't even care if it sells out.

Honestly, this release is officially a freaking disaster. No way I'll ever pre-order another big ticket item from sideshow ever again. In hand pictures first... I don't even care if it sells out.

Yeah, hate to say it - but I agree. I think the piece COULD be very good, but the execution/quality is bad. If they made sure each piece going out was well done it would be a whole new ball game. A shame really :(

I feel the exact same way. I only have 3 PO this year, Prime1 Optimus which I am sure will turn out like Megatron full of win. Ryu PCS, also will be good. Lastly is SS WW, which is 50-50 good or bad, hopefully good. Don't have much faith anymore in PO SS stuff, rather just wait. Doubt reg version will ever sell out in less than 1.5 year times anyway now.

Bad to see this pictures Andy, was hoping anything works good for you. You really want to keep it, replace it? I think the color of the head is right and the body wrong. But with all this issues, send it back. Whats wrong with Sideshow nowadays? :dunno

Like someone else say it before they dont take really care for....

- IM MKVI LSB
- IM MKVII Bust
- IM MKVII LSF

I have now fear for my PO MQ IP/42 and the coming MQ MKII/III/VII on my list. :(

I know Marc...so fustrating buddy :( there are dark clouds looming over Sideshow right now and companies like XM Studios are only getting better with each statue they release...

Andy, have you seen the XM Mark VII? Man, as an IM fan, you HAVE to check that out...it's a must buy. I sorta told myself I would do one XM piece and get it in hand before I order any more (so I POed Wolverine) but I may break for the Mark VII. No light up feature but damn, now that looks GOOD. Take notes Sideshow...

I know buddy :( looked at the bust again this morning just incase it was to do with lighting but low and behold....the head is way much darker than the torso :( and to think I've got the MK42 and the Iron Patriot lifesize busts on pre order too :dunno

Yeah, hate to say it - but I agree. I think the piece COULD be very good, but the execution/quality is bad. If they made sure each piece going out was well done it would be a whole new ball game. A shame really :(

Hey buddy, don't be disheartened...with all my major flaws I still think its a very good bust. Its not as good as my MKIII (in my opinion) but is still very nice. I will put up a more indepth review later today for you brother :hi5:

Bad to see this pictures Andy, was hoping anything works good for you. You really want to keep it, replace it? I think the color of the head is right and the body wrong. But with all this issues, send it back. Whats wrong with Sideshow nowadays? :dunno

Like someone else say it before they dont take really care for....

- IM MKVI LSB
- IM MKVII Bust
- IM MKVII LSF

I have now fear for my PO MQ IP/42 and the coming MQ MKII/III/VII on my list. :(

Hey Chris, thanks my friend :1-1: yea, it is really disappointing to say the least. More so because I have waited over 2 years to receive this thing and then to find out such major flaws :( I received a reply from Sideshow last night and they will take a few days to access the situation and see how we can best resolve the issues. The main flaws seem to be on the headsculpt itself, the body part is perfect with hardly any blemishes or scratches...BUT, if they replace the head, how can they be sure to get a perfect match to the body? And which is the correct shade of red anyway? Is the head correct or is the body too light? :dunno I think the best solution would be to send a completely new bust altogether and i'd be willing to give them one last try.

Andy, have you seen the XM Mark VII? Man, as an IM fan, you HAVE to check that out...it's a must buy. I sorta told myself I would do one XM piece and get it in hand before I order any more (so I POed Wolverine) but I may break for the Mark VII. No light up feature but damn, now that looks GOOD. Take notes Sideshow...

Hey Satosh, yea...I've been in contact with my friend and fellow XM contact Augustine, and he's been keeping me in touch with the pics. Its very nice but I made a decision a long time ago that I was going to pass on it, along with their MK42 also. I know you'll think I'm crazy but I've commited my Iron Man future (in regards to collectibles) with Sideshow and their 1/4 scale maquette line :chase

:lol yep, despite this recent blip with the MKVII lifesize bust, I'm gonna stick it out I think.

Ok one more try is fair. :pray:

If i think to my 4th Hulk Maquette, one more works. :wink1:

:lol 4th Hulk :horror that's crazy Chris! :thud:

Yea, I'd be willing to give sideshow one more attempt at delivering me a high standard MKVII lifesize bust...if I didn't have so many IM lifesize busts already then I think I would have opted for the full refund right away but I desperately want to own them all :lol :lol

I'm not even sure that Sideshow will offer a full replacement? It would cost them a lot of money...the shipping box is one of the biggest I have ever seen since I started this hobby so it would be cheap...plus what would I do with my existing bust? Smash it? :dunno

The next couple of days things will become clearer but I will try not to let it get me down...I'm sure we've all been in this situation at one time or another....this is my first time! :lol :lol

wow that is appallingly bad Andy! I am gutted for you as I know you are number 1 iron man fan in the universe. I think I am going to cancel mine from cduk now as the QC is a joke on an expensive piece and I am not willing to take this risk of having to post that behemoth back at my own cost.

I mean how hard is it to paint the thing in the same shade of red?!

wow that is appallingly bad Andy! I am gutted for you as I know you are number 1 iron man fan in the universe. I think I am going to cancel mine from cduk now as the QC is a joke on an expensive piece and I am not willing to take this risk of having to post that behemoth back at my own cost.

I mean how hard is it to paint the thing in the same shade of red?!

Hey Ben, cheers buddy :1-1: please don't let this affect your order bro (not that I want to stick up for Sideshow!) ;) but I'm sure my flaws are a one off...its just sods law that out of everyone that I've seen so far that's received their MKVII bust, mine was painted by the head inspector of quality control over at Sideshow :lol :lol

guguvy9e.jpg

I say stick with it mate...its still a very nice bust...really heavy, at least x2 times heavier than the MKIII version and this time it actually looks lifesize and you can see a human head actually fitting in the suit unlike the MKIII which was totally not lifesize. As mentioned earlier, depending on what Sideshow want to do in regards to my situation, I'd be willing to give them one more chance to deliver a high standard bust so that would mean sending me a completely brand new bust period. I don't think sending just a head replacement would work so much as you could never determine whether the colours will be right :dunno its either a completely brand new bust replacement or I'm sending it back for a full refund

Roberto that sucks that your statue came in so bad. this statue looks like 2X the size of the mark III and to me the Mark III is the best bust of iron man ever created. How are you going to fix the arc reactor?

Roberto that sucks that your statue came in so bad. this statue looks like 2X the size of the mark III and to me the Mark III is the best bust of iron man ever created. How are you going to fix the arc reactor?

It certainly does suck bro :( not much I can do now until Sideshow decide what my fate is :dunno Gonna give Sideshow the benefit of the doubt on this occasion and will only going to accept a full bust replacement otherwise i'll just take the refund and put it down to a bad experience...(it is my first in 2 and a bit years so not bad going) ;)

In regards to the Arc Reactor, gonna do a test run this evening on disguising that awful blue circle around the Arc. Will post some pics later tonight to see how well it turns out :hi5: I also want to repaint the base cos I'm not digging the rustic look. So i'll get it looking closer to the MKIII base so that they all match :)

Back