Avengers Iron Man Mark VII Life Sized Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So nearly 2 years and 125 days later....it finally arrives :thud: :thud:

ypumypu8.jpg

One of the biggest shipping boxes I've ever seen :horror

I'm looking forward to your review of this statue. Apparently you are the Iron Man Expert around these parts :)

I'm looking forward to your review of this statue. Apparently you are the Iron Man Expert around these parts :)

Well my friend...a review will follow soon but I am truly and utterly stunned at what I'm seeing! :horror

Bad, bad, bad, bad news.....

Are you ready for the pic that will shock you! Sideshow and Iron Man collectibles are cursed!!! :horror

Well my friend...a review will follow soon but I am truly and utterly stunned at what I'm seeing! :horror

Bad, bad, bad, bad news.....

Are you ready for the pic that will shock you! Sideshow and Iron Man collectibles are cursed!!! :horror

yesss..............

Ohhhhhhh crap :(

yesss..............

Okay guys...well just briefly, the bust is enormous! Not sure if you are aware but the original Sideshow MKIII busts were not truly to scale and were nowhere near being actual lifesize...the MKVII bust on the other hand looks to be exactly that! You can certainly imagine Tony Stark fitting inside this armour!

You know...I'm looking at it and I'm trying to really like it and part of me does but in all honesty, I'm not blown away by it :( I actually thought they would replicate the same gold effect that they used for their MKIII bust but this gold colour they've used for the MKVII is underwhelming to say the least...it's much better on the MKIII! Infact, the MKIII is still the undisputed winner of all the Iron Man lifesize busts in my opinion with War Machine a close second.

The Arc Reactor is as everyone expected...piss poor! The blue circled tinge cheapens it for me and isn't even well painted! Once the lights are one, the blue tinge doesn't even create a bluey glow which I first suspected was the reason why it was there in the first place...the light is a shining bright white beam with no blue in it at all! However, I have already come up with a solution to cover it and make it all white so I can irradicate the blue no problem.

Anyway, will I be keeping it? That is a massive question that I'll have to rethink once I've sorted out all the issues I have with this bust...cost there are a few. However, there is one issue that has surpassed any that I have experienced before...

I'm gonna post this one pic of my bust and I'm not gonna even say what's wrong with it because the flaw is so noticable that even my 3 year old daughter could identify it!

You want good quality QC! Check this out!

Let me know what you do, I would like to cover, fix mine as well.

Of course...once I have attempted it myself and applied it over the reactor I will post pics and you can let me know if it's good :hi5:

Yikes. Poor paint, crappy reactor sticker again and Andy is saving the best.........er the worst for last.

:lol :lol it's so bad it's funny!!!! Okay...on your marks....get set.....

Back