Avengers Iron Man Mark VII Life Sized Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know me bro...I can only give my opinion and there's no way I want to put anyone off their order as I want you all to enjoy your purchases without having to stress. I'm sure my flaw is a one off. I've already sent William at Sideshow a long email explaining the flaws and I'm sure he'll come up with a solution. The other flaws are terrible scratches and marks on the side of the Headsculpt...like really bad! No one should have to put up with such poor standards when paying over $800 for a collectible...

Will I keep my order? At this moment in time I still can't decide. I have all the other Sideshow busts in my collection and I really wanted to add this MKVII with the rest of them. If I could sum up this bust in one word then it would be...underwhelming! :(

..."terrible scratches and marks on the side of the Headsculpt...like really bad"
? Wow. Andy you have to post some close up pics of those, it's almost too much to believe something like that would pass their quality control inspection.

People always say this but man whats the point of having light up if you never have em on! Had my Malgus plugged in and lit up since i got him and this bust will be no different :)

You must be new to the SSC IM line. :lol

What color is the stand on this? Can't really tell from the pictures? I wonder why didn't SS just go black base?

It looks more like granite stone on my piece (rather than iron rusting). I would have preferred it black, or at least a darker gray. It is in my movie room, with rather low/indirect lighting - so the base looks ok in that setting.

..."terrible scratches and marks on the side of the Headsculpt...like really bad"
? Wow. Andy you have to post some close up pics of those, it's almost too much to believe something like that would pass their quality control inspection.

You must be new to the SSC IM line. :lol

Friends had his Mark 3 LSB since release and he has his on all the time with no problems. I'd prefer have them on for a year and have them burn out than never have them on :D Gotta enjoy them man and not worry about the little things!

lol

Oh look all the issues aside the biggest one is that it just looks like plastic so what's the point, I mean it's meant to be 1:1 iron man, do you feel like you are looking at suit that's made of metallic armour when you look at that thing... Not in a million years.

You know me bro...I can only give my opinion and there's no way I want to put anyone off their order as I want you all to enjoy your purchases without having to stress. I'm sure my flaw is a one off. I've already sent William at Sideshow a long email explaining the flaws and I'm sure he'll come up with a solution. The other flaws are terrible scratches and marks on the side of the Headsculpt...like really bad! No one should have to put up with such poor standards when paying over $800 for a collectible...

Will I keep my order? At this moment in time I still can't decide. I have all the other Sideshow busts in my collection and I really wanted to add this MKVII with the rest of them. If I could sum up this bust in one word then it would be...underwhelming! :(

thanks I decided. you always keeps IM even with miner flaws n repair it. n ur thoughts on this bust r helpful for me to move on

As for the other flaws guys....pick you way through these....

$800+ collectible i hasent to add!!

myju3y9y.jpg

3u9asehy.jpg

You know, if I'd bought this off eBay and it was described as new...I'd swear it was an ex display!!

I've left the best for last...

Part of the faceplate has become dislodged due to a lack of glue in this particular area...the gap is so bad I can fit a piece of card through it! :horror

datetyvu.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to post Andy and your honest assessment.

Hey Eric, your welcome buddy :) I don't get down abt these things...it's more fustration than anything. Money wise I don't lose out either way. If I do keep it then I want it to the standards I expect when paying such high amounts...if those levels can't be reached then c'est la vie and get my refund :)

Holy crap, Andy!!! That is so bad it's not even funny. It actually makes the 1:2 Mark VII look like a masterpiece. :D

I would have that thing in the box already so I could get it shipped back to Sideshow tomorrow.

thanks I decided. you always keeps IM even with miner flaws n repair it. n ur thoughts on this bust r helpful for me to move on

Hey Dhav, anytime bro. Sorry I couldn't be more positive abt things...hopefully I can work something out with sideshow cos is really like to have all the IM busts as I've also PO'd the MK42 and Iron Patriot lifesize busts aswell :slap :lol

Wow... Don't know what to say about SS quality control anymore... Looks like it is none existent.. Just pack them and ship them. If this was my company heads would fly.. Just don't get it anymore.. Speechless...

Holy crap, Andy!!! That is so bad it's not even funny. It actually makes the 1:2 Mark VII look like a masterpiece. :D

I would have that thing in the box already so I could get it shipped back to Sideshow tomorrow.

:lol :lol more of a pain with replacements or returns Brent due to loving in London :( but I'm confident that I'll be looked after at Sideshow. I bloody well should be after all the money I've given them over the past 2 years! :lol

Wow... Don't know what to say about SS quality control anymore... Looks like it is none existent.. Just pack them and ship them. If this was my company heads would fly.. Just don't get it anymore.. Speechless...

:lol :lol btw, I took this pic (ironically) before I even opened the box!!!

a5ezavyb.jpg

It's funny, I just got warned by a mod at Statue Forum because I was speaking too negatively about Sideshow. I guess some people don't want to hear the truth.

Back