Avengers Iron Man Mark VII Life Sized Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The problem @Goronic with that approach IMO is that SS made the blue arc but forgot to add a blue tint to the eyes to fit as per movie.

Do it all or don't... ;-)

And if you go crazy with Photoshop here is another option: ironman-technology-12-wallpaper-background-hd.jpg

The problem @Goronic with that approach IMO is that SS made the blue arc but forgot to add a blue tint to the eyes to fit as per movie.

Do it all or don't... ;-)

Good point, the eyes are very white, and so it the AR when the lights are on. Also, putting an overlay will help dull the light a bit. It is very bright and it feels like a spotlight when the room is dimly lit.

SS should definitely hire you Andy... Please keep us inform how you improved it. How about if you just place it above the blue sticker?

Been following this thread for a long time & eventually ended up ordering the bust statue. I received it today & to be honest i think bust looks good. My only problem is the quality control as i got some scratches that i dont care to have for almost a $900 statue. I have this bust & the Captain America one. Im wondering how Sideshow works w/ returns or at least some partial reimbursement.

Here are the parts that are really bugging me, please let me know if im going overboard or i have a claim.

DSC_0057_zps9f67a75f.jpg
DSC_0058_zps9908b31f.jpg

The shoulder pad has some weird paint glob, which is noticeable if you look.
Right side shoulder
DSC_0059_zpsbb80e0ab.jpg
Left side shoulder
DSC_0060_zpsd0cc3232.jpg

Wont be able to see this once you attach it to the bust. So not really having an issue with it too much.
DSC_0096_zps5e7fd9ab.jpg

As for the blue sticker reactor, it really didn't bother me. Looks ok, the bust still looks expensive & not a plastic toy which i was afraid of with all the comments. The gold face helmet is a bit dull but isn't too bad. The light is pretty sweet but a bit bright.

I apologize if im putting too many pics.
DSC_0065_zps768be2c1.jpg
DSC_0069_zpsa43d36b0.jpg
DSC_0070_zps02495dd4.jpg
DSC_0073_zpsa9dfea55.jpg

Way to go Andy, that looks infinitely better.

You've done in 5 minutes what Sideshow couldn't/refused to do in a year or more.

Looking forward to seeing your progress tomorrow.

Thanks Eric :hi5: yea, gonna work on a few ideas this afternoon once I get some free time off work...will definitely get some snaps up for you guys once it's done plus I've got some very good news in regards to a solution to my flawed bust :rock

great Andy Even though after cancelling this. I will be pulling trigger on this bust for sure but not now will have to get LSF 1st

Hey Dhav, thanks bro...and congrats cos much deliberation this bust is definitely growing on me and I'm totally digging how HUGE it is compared to my other IM busts...:)

However, a really cool thing about Andy's approach is to have several 'overlays'. Some that would look better lit up, and some when the bust lighting is off. Lots of different AR's :)

Anyway, here is the pic link: https://74211.com/wallpaper/picture...He-is-Hard-to-Believe-TV-Movies-Wallpaper.jpg

No worries buddy...infact, your idea is definitely a possibility so you can have different designs for when the lights are on and off :exactly: I like it :hi5:

SS should definitely hire you Andy... Please keep us inform how you improved it. How about if you just place it above the blue sticker?

:lol :lol thanks Pau :) but they couldn't afford my wages :horror :lol :lol ;) will definitely keep you updated...hopefully some new Arc Reactor design pics by the end of the day :hi5:

SSC_Mk_VII_bust.jpg

Is it Photoshopped?

If mod, do you prefer just the triangle pattern with LED light? Do you want to have arc reactor removable from chest like tony one?

SSC_Mk_VII_bust.jpg

Is it Photoshopped?

If mod, do you prefer just the triangle pattern with LED light? Do you want to have arc reactor removable from chest like tony one?

Yes Chan, this is photoshopped buddy...I actually like this design although I think its actually the Arc Reactor design for the MKVI if i'm not mistaken :dunno Either way, I've got 2 designs almost complete so once I get home i'll take some pics. What I'm aiming for is to have 2 sets of Arc Reactor designs for when the lights are switched on (which I've been doing today) and then I want to try and copy the photoshopped reactor design as shown on the right in the picsture, for when it's in idle mode...I think it looks quite nice :)

Not to question how another person wants to display his Iron Man bust, but I think you are placing the ammo pack piece too far back, they should sit lower (forward). Reference the pic on SideShow of the prototype.

Note. There can be some slight paint removal/scrapping by the ammo pack to the actual bust in the center of his back on the piece if not careful - additional padding would have been good here. I added disk pads to help prevent further scratching/removal of paint so that I can display it without the ammo pack and not worry about the paint in the back under the ammo pack piece.

Here is another quick pic of mine:

10557229_10204437590088132_1333655908627470823_n.jpg

Wow i didn't even notice that. Thanks. Did your ammo pack have any weird paint issue like mine?

Wow i didn't even notice that. Thanks. Did your ammo pack have any weird paint issue like mine?

Not too bad, but not perfect. It is very had to tell issues unless you are closely inspecting it. I have it sitting on a 36 inch display stand, so you get a good feel on how big iron man is stranding next to it

Not too bad, but not perfect. It is very had to tell issues unless you are closely inspecting it. I have it sitting on a 36 inch display stand, so you get a good feel on how big iron man is stranding next to it

Holy **** thats at least 2X the size of the mark III

Guys...I have completed the first Arc Reactor design and applied it to the bust...first impressions are that it's looking pretty good :yess: pics coming soon :)

Man I ordered this in July of 2012 from AP Collectibles and haven't heard anything about it shipping soon. Just sent them a message. About time this bust was released. Geez

Hi guys, finally got to do a quick review on what I thought abt the bust (Yes Dhaval!!) :lol ;) plus pics aswell as an explanation of how to achieve my easy mod to snazz up the Arc Reactor :) he hitch can be found on my display thread

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...N-SSC-IRON-MAN-MKVII-LIFESIZE-BUST!!!/page615

But here's a quick sneaky peek :)

aqu5u9y8.jpg

8apuzava.jpg

Also it's been confirmed by sideshow that I'll be receiving a brand new replacement bust. Originally they were thinking of sending a new head based on the pics I sent them and they were going to try and match it up but I don't think would solve the problem as it may still not match perfectly 100% so we'd be back to square one again :dunno

Thanks for looking guys :)

Last edited:
Back