Avengers Iron Man Mark VII Life Sized Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea good luck Rhodri :) I'm sure it'll be fine buddy. Hey Goronic, I took some pics for you last night to make you more excited :) tonight I try to fix the arc reactor :) enjoy the pics :wave

qazenuqu.jpg

hybujazy.jpg

Once they get the color replacement fix in that bust will be a keeper ;)
Thanks man!

Your welcome bro :hi5: Yea, I hope they can send me a whole new replacement cos I don't think sending a new head will solve the problem...there's no way of matching them up otherwise.

Anyway, after feeling a little underwhelmed by it all last night I took those above pics plus I had the best part of this morning to take a better look at the bust in daylight and apart from the colour issue, this bust looks pretty cool and yes, if sideshow can sort me out a bust that has no issues, is be happy to add it to my collection :)

Btw, took me 5 mins to remove the blue tinge around the arc reactor :yess: pics coming soon :)

wow that is appallingly bad Andy! I am gutted for you as I know you are number 1 iron man fan in the universe. I think I am going to cancel mine from cduk now as the QC is a joke on an expensive piece and I am not willing to take this risk of having to post that behemoth back at my own cost.

I mean how hard is it to paint the thing in the same shade of red?!

I would stick it out being that your buying it from CDUK. If you really want it that is

I use CDUK a lot & I've never had an issue. They check the pieces there selves before posting them out so you won't get an Andy situation :)

Is it literally a sticker or like a blue resin?

It's a single plate of what seems to be a thin acrylic and the blue tinge appears to be painted on the reverse side...

If I wanted to get really crazy, I could stencil a rough design of the arc reactor as see how that fares? I personally wouldn't like it but I can do it to see what others think?

9asugy2y.jpg

How did you do it again, did you have to remove the AR, or access it from the back. Another though would be to leave a blue ring about 1/8 inch thick in a perfect circle on the outer part of the AR (much like the eyes)...just a thought

How did you do it again, did you have to remove the AR, or access it from the back. Another though would be to leave a blue ring about 1/8 inch tick in a perfect circle on the outer part of the AR (much like the eyes)...just a thought

Wait one second my friend...my brain works fast!!! :lol :lol wait until you see what I have just done in a matter of minutes :horror

Okay guys, let me know what you think...both mods are done as a rush job to show what can be achieved in a matter of minutes...so imagine what can be achieved I a few hours of serious designing :horror sorry for the bad quality pic but the light feature is so strong and powerful! But you can begin to make out the beginnings of a true arc reactor :rock

pu7ate4e.jpg

This is the reference pic that I used :)

emu9u3yn.jpg

Wow, that is really incredible. Can you share the process to do that? Also, is there a way to do this that would not permanently remove the blue, in case you wanted to have that look back (or for resale)?

Wow, that is really incredible. Can you share the process to do that? Also, is there a way to do this that would not permanently remove the blue, in case you wanted to have that look back (or for resale)?

My friend, I have done exactly that :hi5: it's a removable disc that I made which overlaps the existing arc to eliminate the blue and when the lights are turned can show the design of the arc reactor :horror I promise to explain how this was done tomorrow. I want to go crazy and design a much better reactor whilst at work tomorrow :) stay tuned my friend and thanks for the kind words :)

My friend, I have done exactly that :hi5: it's a removable disc that I made which overlaps the existing arc to eliminate the blue and when the lights are turned can show the design of the arc reactor :horror I promise to explain how this was done tomorrow. I want to go crazy and design a much better reactor whilst at work tomorrow :) stay tuned my friend and thanks for the kind words :)

Hey all, been lurking here in this thread for some time now trying to decide about this.
Thanks for all the pics so far.
RobertoBagg10 nice job on the mod!!! looks Great! Can't wait to see what the finished mod will look like.

Just wondering, do you think the ToyLegend arc reactor will fit on this bust? I'm lazy and don't like modding too much but if the faceplate of the TL arc reactor could just sit over the SSC blue haze circle, I wonder if that would work?

I kyped your picture (hope you don't mind) and did a quick mockup. Not sure how it would work in real life and I know this would not be movie accurate, but wondered if this would be another feasible quick fix to the ugly blue haze circle arc reactor.

image hosting above 5 mb

Well hope to see more pics...still on the fence especially about the color and then the missed paint on someone else's...

Hey all, been lurking here in this thread for some time now trying to decide about this.
Thanks for all the pics so far.
RobertoBagg10 nice job on the mod!!! looks Great! Can't wait to see what the finished mod will look like.

Just wondering, do you think the ToyLegend arc reactor will fit on this bust? I'm lazy and don't like modding too much but if the faceplate of the TL arc reactor could just sit over the SSC blue haze circle, I wonder if that would work?

I kyped your picture (hope you don't mind) and did a quick mockup. Not sure how it would work in real life and I know this would not be movie accurate, but wondered if this would be another feasible quick fix to the ugly blue haze circle arc reactor.

image hosting above 5 mb

Well hope to see more pics...still on the fence especially about the color and then the missed paint on someone else's...

Hi Mark and thanks for your kind words buddy :) much appreciated. I love the photoshop and it will help greatly for my design attempt tomorrow :hi5: It's just a mystery as to how Sideshow could fail to deliver something that has taken me literally minutes to do in regards to detailing the arc reactor :dunno

Well first things first and removing the crappy blue paint around the arc took me a few minutes :)

nugy4u5u.jpg

Okay guys, let me know what you think...both mods are done as a rush job to show what can be achieved in a matter of minutes...so imagine what can be achieved I a few hours of serious designing :horror sorry for the bad quality pic but the light feature is so strong and powerful! But you can begin to make out the beginnings of a true arc reactor :rock

pu7ate4e.jpg

emu9u3yn.jpg

Way to go Andy, that looks infinitely better.

You've done in 5 minutes what Sideshow couldn't/refused to do in a year or more.

Looking forward to seeing your progress tomorrow.

pu7ate4e.jpg

emu9u3yn.jpg

great Andy Even though after cancelling this. I will be pulling trigger on this bust for sure but not now will have to get LSF 1st

Though I dig the arc reactor 'inside view' look, I also like the blue ring (done better than the bust ships with). Here is a shot (very large pic) of what I am saying. However, a really cool thing about Andy's approach is to have several 'overlays'. Some that would look better lit up, and some when the bust lighting is off. Lots of different AR's :)

Anyway, here is the pic link: https://74211.com/wallpaper/picture...He-is-Hard-to-Believe-TV-Movies-Wallpaper.jpg

Back