Avengers Iron Man Mark VII Life Sized Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I finally (seriously, finally, it's been over 2 years) got mine today and took a few quick pictures for you guys.

First of all, this thing is HEAVY! By far the heaviest thing I ever got (collectible wise). Even moving it around takes some effort. Paint looks really good in this bust with the exception of the faceplate. It's such a lame, yellowish, dull color. It will definitely need to be altered... I might give a polish like that other guy did. The rest looks good, nice and glossy.

Overall this bust looks good in hand but I can't lie, I'm not blown away by it. I'm not sure if I'm let down because of the long wait, or because of it's the less than stellar finish. All I know is that bust this doesn't have the same appeal to me as the Mark III bust.

2jvQ1qml.jpg

Thanks for that. You just sold me.

...On the inevitable AoU Mk 43 bust.

Great pics though. Shame about the plasticky look.

in a crazy way naraki, I actually think the production piece is painted better to the one we saw at SDCC 13 ;) if you take away the fact that the gold tones of the faceplate are different (which I prefer the gold colour of the SDCC13 version) the rest of the bust is painted much better. The reds are much more vibrant and pops out at you more unlike the SDCC version which is somewhat flat...so its not all bad ;) Its just that texture and colour of the darn faceplate that gets me frustrated :gah:

I don't know where you see a better paintjob in this, the SDCC 2013 one seems more metallic and realistic and this seems made of plastic like toys, also the red paint form the prototype it seems much more to the movie not like the final product.

Look your picture and compare the prototype and the final product with the actual movie suit, the prototype is really good unless the mask and the other is all wrong, nothing more to say.

vezuve4u.jpg

2848946-avengers_iron_man_robert_downey_jr.jpeg

Look your picture and compare the prototype and the final product with the actual movie suit, the prototype is really good unless the mask and the other is all wrong, nothing more to say.

I'd say neither of them can be compared to the actual movie suit cos both are inaccurate in regards to paint apps, texture and size. Like I said, my opinion is that the production piece is painted well, better than the proto shown at SDCC13 apart from the faceplate which is very poor in both colour and texture...

I don't know where you see a better paintjob in this, the SDCC 2013 one seems more metallic and realistic and this seems made of plastic like toys, also the red paint form the prototype it seems much more to the movie not like the final product.

View attachment 123865

View attachment 123866

I would like the SDCC 2013 red paint, and the production release faceplate (thought if they could have used a more metallic paint for the faceplate that would have been better). Oh, well - I am still going to keep it.

I would like the SDCC 2013 red paint, and the production release faceplate (thought if they could have used a more metallic paint for the faceplate that would have been better). Oh, well - I am still going to keep it.

That's the great thing about this hobby, everyone likes different things :hi5: I've chosen the production paint apps as my preference because it resembles a clean glossy suit, in the condition you'd expect to see in his hall of armour

abehapyz.jpg

The paint app on the SDCC13 version would be much suited to a more battle damaged bust - which we may still see in the future ;) :rock

Besides, I want my MKVII bust to be quite glossy cos it's going on display next to this guy!!! :yess:

dytequhu.jpg

I have to say after seeing all the pics of this in hand I think I made the right decision for me canceling it. Between an inaccurate sculpt and the faceplate paint this does not WOW me. I know in person it would feel different but I do not want to spend $800 on a piece that does not wow me. I am glad it finally got released and people are happy to have it. I will be hoping the maquette WOWs me.

That's the great thing about this hobby, everyone likes different things :hi5: I've chosen the production paint apps as my preference because it resembles a clean glossy suit, in the condition you'd expect to see in his hall of armour

The paint app on the SDCC13 version would be much suited to a more battle damaged bust - which we may still see in the future ;) :rock

Besides, I want my MKVII bust to be quite glossy cos it's going on display next to this guy!!! :yess:

I know, to each his own, but when some see it they think it isn't good enough (or close to perfect) so they skip it. When I see it, I think it looks awesome. I think if they were to make it look real - they would need real metal - and that would cost too much. Just my 2 cents. Perhaps the should have this piece in a 'museum edition' that would be all metal, and much better arc reactor, and cost 3 times as much.

I know, to each his own, but when some see it they think it isn't good enough (or close to perfect) so they skip it. When I see it, I think it looks awesome. I think if they were to make it look real - they would need real metal - and that would cost too much. Just my 2 cents.

and the Arc Reactor also? This could have been done so much better also just like what I have with the War Machine Lifesize Bust...I really think Sideshow have cut corners with this bust, especially when you take into consideration how long they've had to work on it

meve8avy.jpg

and the Arc Reactor also? This could have been done so much better also just like what I have with the War Machine Lifesize Bust...I really think Sideshow have cut corners with this bust, especially when you take into consideration how long they've had to work on it

The big question is this then: Is this piece worth 800? Or should they have done more at that price, or improved the piece and asked more for it? Is it a keeper at that price?

The big question is this then: Is this piece worth 800? Or should they have done more at that price, or improved the piece and asked more for it? Is it a keeper at that price?

For what the end result was it should have been cheaper IMO.

meve8avy.jpg

Completely agree, I love the War Machine bust that piece always catches my eye in my display room. I want an Iron Man bust to go with it but I want one that matches up to it and does not fall short.

Is it worth $800? I actually don't think it is. However, I love my Iron Man stuff so I'm gonna be getting it regardless to add with my other busts but it could have been improved 100% yes. Like I mentioned earlier, I would have like to have seen more detail in the Arc Reactor, Ammo packs which opened to reveal missiles and of course change that crappy matte gold colour on the faceplate and get it done right!

meve8avy.jpg

Agreed, these blank arcs need to go. You can find Youtube videos of how to make home made arc reactors from cheap craft supplies that look better than this. $800? :rotfl

Agreed, these blank arcs need to go. You can find Youtube videos of how to make home made arc reactors from cheap craft supplies that look better than this. $800? :rotfl

There are plenty of people on therpf.com for example who could create a translucent resin overlay with a domed front and AR detailing embossed behind to affix over the non-existent AR on this bust.

Just to add more wood to this fire. Check out this custom made bust by a guy at the RPF. Yearsa head of what sideshow has done so far.

2_zpsb6f705ff.jpg

5_zps9e1ff5e9.jpg

PS: He will add shoulders to it, later on.

I just got a War Machine. It's really cool. My only complaint is that it feels kind of light.

Thinking of getting this with my reward points which would cover about half the price despite the problems.

Just to add more wood to this fire. Check out this custom made bust by a guy at the RPF. Yearsa head of what sideshow has done so far.

2_zpsb6f705ff.jpg

5_zps9e1ff5e9.jpg

PS: He will add shoulders to it, later on.

Will he be selling these?

Back