Avengers Iron Man Mark VII Life Sized Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to add more wood to this fire. Check out this custom made bust by a guy at the RPF. Yearsa head of what sideshow has done so far.

2_zpsb6f705ff.jpg

5_zps9e1ff5e9.jpg

PS: He will add shoulders to it, later on.

Whoever made this is taking a huge dump on Sideshow's front lawn.

I reached out to the guy who is making that bust. It will be sold as a ready to paint kit. So we would be getting it as just the grey resin

I've also been in contact with the guy on the RPF about this bust. When painted and after the lights are added it blows Sideshow's out of the water, but it only comes as an unpainted kit with the lights and paint job being additional charges. By the time it's all said and done the bust ends up costing much more than even the upcoming Mk 42 from SS, but I guess you get what you pay for. The most difficult part of the process would be finding someone who could give it a proper paint app and when you get down to brass tacks it would probably be cheaper in the long run to just buy an Mk 7 or Mk 42 and have it professionally repainted.

Just received the bust. The neck pin seems a little loose and cause the eye lights to go off if not proper placed. Is this a common issue to everyone's?

I reached out to the guy who is making that bust. It will be sold as a ready to paint kit. So we would be getting it as just the grey resin

Yeah, but you can easily find talented people offering paint services there.

Just received the bust. The neck pin seems a little loose and cause the eye lights to go off if not proper placed. Is this a common issue to everyone's?

Yes, I'm having a bit of an issue myself. It takes a little meddling with the head for it to light up.

Yes, I'm having a bit of an issue myself. It takes a little meddling with the head for it to light up.[/QUOTE]

Oh I see. To be honest, the overall of this bust is a little let down for me. Wgen I first took it out from the box, the color looks decent. But then when I put it next to my HT 's mark 7, the color looks so off. It looks more towards orange-ish. The HT mark 7 has a nice shiny, deep red.

Man :huh not so much good feedback coming in for this guy :( is anybody who actually owns this at least happy they've got it? :dunno never thought I'd say this but I'm starting to even question my pre order now :gah: I think we've established that its definitely not worth the $800 price tag but then again, the Wolverine LSF wasn't worth the $2K price tag either but i'll never regret getting that piece as its awesome! Hmmmm...:panic:

Sideshow have confirmed that my order will not likely be fulfilled until 2nd week of August so I've still got time to cancel and just take a loss of the NRD...??!!! Its difficult to make judgment on just pics but then again, the pics don't lie and although in my opinion the paint apps on the bodywork is certainly to my taste, there's no getting away from the crappy non-metallic faceplate and weak arc reactor :( and now there are issues with the head not connecting to the body correctly thus causing it to wobble or for the lights to flicker on/off :horror

For those who have this already, are there any positive parts to take from this lifesize bust? :huh

I heard it's good for storing hats on, just watch out for that paint rub.

:lol :lol nice one Nick :clap

Andy if you start thinking like this, its over for the bust. :wink1:

I know Christian :( the fact I've waited almost 2 and half years for this thing makes it even worse :gah: I love to see things through to the end so may give it a chance and see what its like inhand :dunno I just cant help but think there's another collectible out there that deserves the $800 more :huh

Man :huh not so much good feedback coming in for this guy :( is anybody who actually owns this at least happy they've got it? :dunno never thought I'd say this but I'm starting to even question my pre order now :gah: I think we've established that its definitely not worth the $800 price tag but then again, the Wolverine LSF wasn't worth the $2K price tag either but i'll never regret getting that piece as its awesome! Hmmmm...:panic:

Sideshow have confirmed that my order will not likely be fulfilled until 2nd week of August so I've still got time to cancel and just take a loss of the NRD...??!!! Its difficult to make judgment on just pics but then again, the pics don't lie and although in my opinion the paint apps on the bodywork is certainly to my taste, there's no getting away from the crappy non-metallic faceplate and weak arc reactor :( and now there are issues with the head not connecting to the body correctly thus causing it to wobble or for the lights to flicker on/off :horror

For those who have this already, are there any positive parts to take from this lifesize bust? :huh

You would NEVER lose the NRD m8. This thing has been delayed more times and longer than the Batman PF.

Last edited:
I know Christian :( the fact I've waited almost 2 and half years for this thing makes it even worse :gah: I love to see things through to the end so may give it a chance and see what its like inhand :dunno I just cant help but think there's another collectible out there that deserves the $800 more :huh

Gladiator Hulk
samdean-dowant.gif

413.gif

Shawn, did anyone ever say to you that your a very helpful member to this forum? :hi5:

I try to be m8... Just take the NRD... Move it over to Gladiator Hulk, and have a couple of hundred bucks to spare

tumblr_inline_n8cujrSiyw1qiwgw3.gif

Back