Avengers Iron Man Mark VII Life Sized Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does it look like brushed metal to you in person...or does it look plasticky?

Does it look like brushed metal to you in person...or does it look plasticky?

I don't have it yet buddy...these pics above are from those who have recieved theirs. However, judging from those pics aswell as past Iron Man busts released from Sideshow such as the MKII and III, it doesn't look like they've successfully recreated the brushed metallic effect on the faceplate...but then I was never expecting them to pull it off even back when I pre ordered this bust 2 and half years ago. It does come across a little plasticky in some pics but I think inhand the faceplate looks pretty much the same finish as the MKIII

I find myself utterly torn between my love for the Mk VII and that stick-on tap light on his chest. I only want one IM bust, so perhaps Mk 43 might be the winner post AoU.

Did you know that the Iron Man MKVII bust has been shipping for at least a month now buddy :) inhand pics have already been posted aswell as you tube vids too. Here's an update of some of the pics we've already seen to help you decide if you want one or not :)

We need a veteran to do a video review. I could only find 2 videos on you tube and I'm sorry but they were both horrible. Now I'm super stoked about this guy arriving.

We need a veteran to do a video review. I could only find 2 videos on you tube and I'm sorry but they were both horrible. Now I'm super stoked about this guy arriving.

I know the YouTube vids aren't necessarily 'veteran' quality but I am sure glad he posted them. I was good to at least see some video :)
If anyone else will post some high quality pics that would be great. And more YouTube vide 'horrible' or great I would be much appreciative.

Congrats to all you guys getting this bust in soon...very jealous of you flexers out there!!! :lol :lol please remember to take lots of pics and comparison pics next to the other Iron Man busts if you have them, that would be appreciated :)

Did you know that the Iron Man MKVII bust has been shipping for at least a month now buddy :) inhand pics have already been posted aswell as you tube vids too. Here's an update of some of the pics we've already seen to help you decide if you want one or not :)

ujy8ahuh.jpg

uheredet.jpg

hy6ehe3u.jpg

yzy7unuq.jpg

3ese8u3a.jpg

zuseny8e.jpg

y8yrany5.jpg

upujuhu6.jpg

Thanks for the info. I guess I was late to this thread and didn't see earlier pics.

I find myself utterly torn between my love for the Mk VII and that stick-on tap light on his chest. I only want one IM bust, so perhaps Mk 43 might be the winner post AoU.

Well the MK42 lifesize bust that Sideshow are making seems to be quite popular although a lot depends on their final paint apps...the inclusion of the shoulders however (which is a first for the Sideshow Iron Man busts) is a real nice touch :)

I know the YouTube vids aren't necessarily 'veteran' quality but I am sure glad he posted them. I was good to at least see some video :)
If anyone else will post some high quality pics that would be great. And more YouTube vide 'horrible' or great I would be much appreciative.

:goodpost: yea, the more feedback the better I say :)

Now I'm super stoked about this guy arriving.
Yea, me too! Its been a long 2 and half year wait but it looks as though a few of us at least are reaching the finish line :lol

Well, I finally (seriously, finally, it's been over 2 years) got mine today and took a few quick pictures for you guys.

First of all, this thing is HEAVY! By far the heaviest thing I ever got (collectible wise). Even moving it around takes some effort. Paint looks really good in this bust with the exception of the faceplate. It's such a lame, yellowish, dull color. It will definitely need to be altered... I might give a polish like that other guy did. The rest looks good, nice and glossy.

Overall this bust looks good in hand but I can't lie, I'm not blown away by it. I'm not sure if I'm let down because of the long wait, or because of it's the less than stellar finish. All I know is that bust this doesn't have the same appeal to me as the Mark III bust.

kVOYHtml.jpg

cCSvCYXl.jpg

SeFNkKTl.jpg

vvOi0WHl.jpg

tDid6VDl.jpg

3CIFr0wl.jpg

1dMYWx6l.jpg

q57zi14l.jpg

qdqyZa1l.jpg

MstcFXAl.jpg

GbuSouMl.jpg

sRIBwccl.jpg

n3pTNY2l.jpg

2jvQ1qml.jpg

KIGub34l.jpg

9dXuklIl.jpg

px7zKvrl.jpg

thanks for the pics and honest feedback. I have warmachine and am waiting to match him up...the hunt continues...

Massive congrats buddy! Really cool pics! The comparison with the MKIII definately shows its weaknesses, notably the faceplate. Think I prefer the colour of the MKIII faceplate. Looking at those two busts together makes me wish SSC had built an arc reactor for their MKIII bust :(

What we've done with the Mark VII is make the new Iron Man, beautifully, Unapologetically Plastic.

jony-ive-10-20-09.jpg

MKVII looks okay to be honest. The attachable ammo packs are very cool but the lack of neck detail, blue arc , and same dull paint job it doesn't make much if an improvement from the MKIII

The eye lenses contoured with the faceplate curve look better than the MK III. Dislike the flat, deeply mounted lenses on the MK III and a lot of other 1:1 helmets... doesn't look accurate at all.

That said in this example MK VII it looks like the eyes/eyeliner are crooked... tilted down on one side?

Back