Statue Star Wars Mythos – Boba Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still the best high end Boba statue out there IMO... I like it better then the new PF that is coming.
I think they both have their strengths and weaknesses. I LOVED the Boba Mythos, but the pose is kinda clique, and really similar to the Rex PF, which kinda makes them hard to display next to each other, also havin g his poncho cover most of his armor seemed like kind of a copout on detail and whatnot. That being said the fact that he's ROTJ Fett, plus the lightsabers on his belt, amazing DC-15L, and the combat knife on his ankle and Jaing Eyes on the helmet made this one of my favorite incarnations of Fett.
As for the new PF, I think the pose and detail, as well as scale will put it in a league of it's own.

Hearing the Concept Line will be 1/5th makes me happy to have scale companions to the mythos line, plus Boba comes with the SUper Trooper helmet, which I have been waiting for on a high end collectable for YEARS

I'm a huge fan of ESB Fett, so if this PF comes out as good as it looks then it will be my #1, but that Mythos piece is a fantastic piece. My only gripe is I wish the big gun was a tad smaller. I think they went a little too much over the top on that.

I think they both have their strengths and weaknesses.

For me the only weakness is that the Mythos is 1/5 scale. 1/4 would make this an all time classic

I LOVED the Boba Mythos, but the pose is kinda clique, and really similar to the Rex PF, which kinda makes them hard to display next to each other,

I don't have Rex... So no issue for me... I think the pose is Killer.... KILLER... He looks like such a bad Ass.

also havin g his poncho cover most of his armor seemed like kind of a copout on detail and whatnot.

Ah man... There is so much detail on this guy... If you took the poncho away he would just be another fett... No story or mystery of what is going on there. I can see not liking it... But it adds detail IMO... Plus it goes back to the original intentions for this character since he was supposed to be a Clint Eastwood/western type character

That being said the fact that he's ROTJ Fett, plus the lightsabers on his belt, amazing DC-15L, and the combat knife on his ankle and Jaing Eyes on the helmet made this one of my favorite incarnations of Fett.

We agree 100% here.
As for the new PF, I think the pose and detail, as well as scale will put it in a league of it's own.

That could be... I am not in love with the pose or the base for the new Fett. It's nice and the size will make it killer.. But I think the mythos just looks more bad ass.

Hearing the Concept Line will be 1/5th makes me happy to have scale companions to the mythos line, plus Boba comes with the SUper Trooper helmet, which I have been waiting for on a high end collectable for YEARS

:) I am done with SW 1/5 after Fett. I even sold my Mythos Vader. Fett is such a killer piece that he seems bigger than he is :)

Either way... One thing is or sure... It's nice to have a variety of Fett's to choose from.

I agree with most of what you said, I guess I'm still a little biter about selling my Fett and now having to pay the crazy secondary market prices for him again, he was one of my favorite pieces for sure, and I'm glad he didn't end up being "Just another Fett" hopefully I can add him again someday

I agree with most of what you said, I guess I'm still a little biter about selling my Fett and now having to pay the crazy secondary market prices for him again, he was one of my favorite pieces for sure, and I'm glad he didn't end up being "Just another Fett" hopefully I can add him again someday

That sucks.... I have had to sell pieces that I wish I never had to like the PF Hulk and Spider-man Comiquette. Talk about secondary prices. Oh well. Hope you land another one day with out selling a kidney.

That sucks.... I have had to sell pieces that I wish I never had to like the PF Hulk and Spider-man Comiquette. Talk about secondary prices. Oh well. Hope you land another one day with out selling a kidney.
There are a few on ebay right now in the 600-700$ range, so if I get a decent career and start maing some extra money Fett will be the first thing I buy

Just to add that of the 3 Mythos I have, Fett is hands down my favourite. He looks so bad ass and menacing perched on the rock planning something!

Still so bummed I didn't get this statue. I have Obi coming this month and depending on how I feel about that one I might just try to trade.

Still so bummed I didn't get this statue. I have Obi coming this month and depending on how I feel about that one I might just try to trade.

I'm a Fett fanatic and love the Mythos piece of him, however, Kenobi is a true masterpiece and everything about that statue is amazing. I'm lucky enough to have both so I don't have to fret about deciding. Either way, ponder carefully.

Decisions Decisions.....

20140720_223029_2_Pinstripe_zpsdc50695e.jpg

Apart from the bunny ears on the helmet & my statue having a defective shoulder sprap for the riffle..., I really like this statue. ;)

They were actually part of the origina design of Fett, just didn't make the final cut.

Yeah I know, I'm glad they didn't make it into the films to be honest..., however I do wonder if I'd feel the same if they had (as they'd not look out of place then I guess). :)

Yeah I know, I'm glad they didn't make it into the films to be honest..., however I do wonder if I'd feel the same if they had (as they'd not look out of place then I guess). :)
How do you feel about them on captain rex?
preview_RexIISixthScale.jpg

Back