Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea I started last July with the Mark VII and now I have every release even the Secret Project, Battle Damaged Marks III & VII, Got the Mark VI Avengers Movie Promo, and Mark III Gunmetal. Oh also look at my signature with Marks I-VII in it.

Must've cost a pretty penny for all those! Especially the original Iron Man figures.

The Regular Mark VII was my first(And favorite out of them all), and I'm currently paying a fellow SSFer for the Avengers Mark VI Promo Edition(Which I missed out on, even through the Waitlist).

After that, I hope to save up for the Battle-Damaged Mark III version.

I actually bought the reg mk iii at a comic store. I had never even heard of hot toys at the time I just thought it was an awesome figure. It has been chaos ever since.

It's a Hot Toys Dynamic Stand. Sideshow sells them. :)

I wondered about those stands for my Iron Man model. I wondered if anyone who has one can tell me if they are strong and heavy enough to hold up to the weight and positioning of the models. Especially die cast models, as I have the MK 42 on order.

Thanks

I wondered about those stands for my Iron Man model. I wondered if anyone who has one can tell me if they are strong and heavy enough to hold up to the weight and positioning of the models. Especially die cast models, as I have the MK 42 on order.

Thanks

I think I read somewhere that these stands cant handle the weight of the diecast figures. Dont remember where I saw it.

I have owned a mark VII, but i dont know, for me is not so iconic like the mark VI.

Mark VI shield was 85% perfect, only main problem was for me the headsculpt was too narrow.

I have read many customizing option about mark VII face mask, one of these talked about using some black tape behind the mask. I used this option to creat a perfect ironman face mask. Everybody know mark vii and mark vi head is same just the chin have a little red squere, but i can this customize too.

For the final condition, i have make with drill deeper hole inside the head + i cuted out some material from the mark vii neck to move in lower position.

Now here is the current result. Custom mark VII head and neck on mark VI body.

Attachments

• fotó111.jpg
    fotó111.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 404
...only main problem was for me the headsculpt was too narrow.

The head sculpts / helmets are narrow on all of them except Mark VII and those that came next (WM 2.0, Patriot).

This has been often talked about that the suits are not big enough, as in one in which a man can actually fit in. Seems like Mark I was the most proportionate of them all. Still, if the helmet issue is resolved, they look quite movie accurate. This is a nice custom you've done with the Mk VII helmet.

I guess taylerdurdem was the first to try it out and it looked pretty accurate. A couple of posts that show it:

My mark 4 with mark 7 head...IMO the proportions are exact....

gzrk.jpg

f5u2.jpg

87zo.jpg

wy31.jpg

8lth.jpg

aa1b.jpg

Good job on raising the neck connector in the head! Looks fantastic :clap

real movie proportion for reference:

iron-man-movie-2012-photo-1-l_zps4bd96780.jpg

I'll have to fix the neck on mine now! :)

About the Mark VII face mask mod, the best one I saw was by lars10. Unfortunately, he never did it for the masses:

hottoysheadfnatxt1a_zps453596b9.jpg

Hmm, maybe with the release of the diecast rehashes of the old armors, will bring down the prices of the originals and balance the program.

It is the flow of things, I guarantee everybody and their moms will want to buy the previous armors simply for the fact that they either missed out on them(myself included) and started late in Hot Toys collecting, and now they will have their chance to get them in diecast, the demand for diecast armors will just make the prices of the plastic armors go down because no one will want them anymore. It all depends.

It is the flow of things, I guarantee everybody and their moms will want to buy the previous armors simply for the fact that they either missed out on them(myself included) and started late in Hot Toys collecting, and now they will have their chance to get them in diecast, the demand for diecast armors will just make the prices of the plastic armors go down because no one will want them anymore. It all depends.

I can't see that happening, lol.

I can't see that happening, lol.

I agree, some stuff that comes with the older releases you cant get in the newer release, like the original mk ii has the "Tony Stark Has a Heart" and the mk III bd has the huge dio base. Not to mention other had pretty sweet exclusives.

If they make the armors in diecast, they'll be like IP and MK42 now accessories wise, with those bases. Its likely we wont see these accesories remade which would still make these figs valuable. The original MKII still holds value compared to the new AU version.

Not 100% sure but i think that diecast won't give the fine detail of plastic. I'm looking forward to see how mark 42 turns out to compare.

Last edited:
If they can't find another way to do the hip flaps on the Diecast line I'll be fine with them stopping it with the 3 figures.

They are arguably more annoying than the needling hip flares of the early IM figures. :cuss

All I have is die cast figures, and trust me, they are way better than plastic. Heck I prefer die cast over plastic anytime,but in reality I have seen this before where vintage toys have gone down in price due to new release of a better figure in demand... Who knows.

All I have is die cast figures, and trust me, they are way better than plastic. Heck I prefer die cast over plastic anytime,but in reality I have seen this before where vintage toys have gone down in price due to new release of a better figure in demand... Who knows.

Gunna disagree on that, Diecast blows and no Iron man has topped mk 7 yet

If they can't find another way to do the hip flaps on the Diecast line I'll be fine with them stopping it with the 3 figures.

They are arguably more annoying than the needling hip flares of the early IM figures. :cuss

Really? Hate them damn flares on my MK4,only part that bugz me. Didnt know the diecast hip flaps were a pain in the side.

Back