Avengers: Age of Ultron (May 1st, 2015)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Avengers" is about a bunch of superheroes beating the **** out of evil army. There's no other reason for this "team" to exist.

Yep, you can't really have a 9 on 1 fight in a movie like this, the only other possibility imo is going up against a team of villains, which I think Thanos will employ before they face him.

Sorry, batman and superman staring at eachother isnt that exciting to me. The only thing that got me excited was batman having, finally, the glowing white eyes.

Avengers, omg...

I hope Joss does have the whole Avengers taking on Ultron by himself after taking out his army. Some of the best comic battles have been The Avengers taking on just one powerful bad guy rather than a team. Avengers vs Count Nefaria was an epic tussle drawn by Byrne that I would kill to see on the big screen. Ultrons early battles always ended with him taking on the team by himself. Marvel Two in one annual by Jim Starlin had Thanos beating down the Avengers,The Thing and Spiderman with Spidey just barely releasing Adam Warlock in time.
Korvac decimated about every Avenger who'd been on the roster plus reserves. Had a great cover of Don Blake giving CPR to Capt America with costumed bodies scattered every where. I too am getting a little afraid Joss will play it safe and just try to repeat the last movies blueprint and scenario.
I want to see IM, Hulk and Thor pile on Thanos and just get shrugged off before this trilogy is over.

Marvel is very lucky that the footage wasn't leaked because it has now created the BIG buzz from the show.

By the Batman v Superman footage leaking, either for real or on purpose by WB, it was cool for that very moment in time but now that the show has ended everyone has now focussed on discussing how awesome the AOU footage must've been.

AOU has grown legs while B v S footage no longer matters.

Marvel built this up leading towards GOTG, what an incredible marketing strategy.

I mean look at us, we're all frothing at the mouth to see the end credits scene of GOTG hoping that its the SDCC footage! :lol

Marvel knows their ****!

WB has many lessons to learn from them. :lol

I don't know, without counting the fights, the BvS thread spanws 10-15 pages in the time this one spawns 1 or 2.

I just want a detailed description of the final Ultron form or sketch.... or the trailer leaked. Dont care about BvS or Marvel Vs DC

I have been avoiding posting my thoughts for fear of being judged harshly but the BvS really let me down. I mean it was cool to see but it meant nothing. I know they are currently filming but it just wasn't as exciting as I thought it would be. Marvel has me absolutely foaming at the mouth. I spent 45 minutes yesterday trying to find that clip. While I initially thought DC won Sdcc, in hindsight, Marvel won as they are getting much dialogue across many forums as well as press headlines. I love marvel for that. I'm not one to align with sides but Marvel is definitey making good movies right now.

It's not simply heroes tag teaming an army. In each marvel movie, there is continuity building up to THE battle...with Thanos. Avengers just let us see them form. This next one will focus on how they can work together and maintain. Then the 3rd one will be the true test with Thanos.

I have been avoiding posting my thoughts for fear of being judged harshly but the BvS really let me down. I mean it was cool to see but it meant nothing. I know they are currently filming but it just wasn't as exciting as I thought it would be. Marvel has me absolutely foaming at the mouth. I spent 45 minutes yesterday trying to find that clip. While I initially thought DC won Sdcc, in hindsight, Marvel won as they are getting much dialogue across many forums as well as press headlines. I love marvel for that. I'm not one to align with sides but Marvel is definitey making good movies right now.

It's not simply heroes tag teaming an army. In each marvel movie, there is continuity building up to THE battle...with Thanos. Avengers just let us see them form. This next one will focus on how they can work together and maintain. Then the 3rd one will be the true test with Thanos.

I don't understand the hate for BvS teaser. The film is almost 2 years away... I don't see people demanding footage from Captain America 3 that will open in the same day.

I don't know, without counting the fights, the BvS thread spanws 10-15 pages in the time this one spawns 1 or 2.

When you consider it's DC's only show in town for the next two years it makes sense. The sooner people realize they'd be better off looking forward to another reboot after (hopefully) the present execs get shuffled out the door, the better. Too much hope is pinned on one project that quite frankly doesn't look like they care more about the characters than trying to stay competitive with Marvel.

When you consider it's DC's only show in town for the next two years it makes sense. The sooner people realize they'd be better off looking forward to another reboot after (hopefully) the present execs get shuffled out the door, the better. Too much hope is pinned on one project that quite frankly doesn't look like they care more about the characters than trying to stay competitive with Marvel.

Well it doesn't really makes sense, the farther the date is the more subdued the interest should be, you got people generating theories and sharing opinions over the most minuscule and feeble rumor over there, and the medium generates those rumors because that is how information hungry people are about that movie, you don't get that kind of post count putting all Marvel Studios threads together, you don't get people making countless manips at every poster or rumored character in the marvel threads.

Like Jye said once, Marvel studios can't generate the attention BvS is getting not even putting their entire available roster together.

And no, people are not better off looking forward to another reboot, why would they be? Even if you didn't like MoS, should Marvel have rebooted their universe after Hulk? Yes it looks like it they're trying to catch up to Marvel, which is smart, Superhero euphoria is not going to last forever, but that doesn't mean they don't care about the characters, the fact that they had an award winning writer replace dbag Goyer says the opposite.

Yeah too much hope is on that movie, with good reason, this is the litmus test for WB/DC, People are WAY stricter when scrutinizing and critiquing DC than Marvel, just take a look around and see how much of a fictional utopia everyone makes the MCU to be, but it's got it's fair share of mediocre and bad movies, poor casting choices, bad writing, etc etc too.

DC has everything to loose with that movie.

Last edited:
Gaspar, the point I'm making is that Marvel's cup overfloweth and part of the reason why there's so much attention on BvS is that there's more, much more riding on it than any single film from Marvel. I mean, these guys are cranking out three films a year now and WB has a three year gap between DC films. As a DC fan, it just plain sucks and of course it's going to garner more discussion as a single release, but when you add up all the Marvel movie discussions knowing that all roads lead to the Avengers, it paints a different picture.

The DC fan in me is impoverished and the hungry monkey will dance if a banana is dangled in front of his face.

Back