Avengers: Age of Ultron (May 1st, 2015)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A talking raccoon is one thing but I don't know if MS will do something as campy as naming a character Mar-Vell on screen. In which case there is no reason to call Danvers Marvel anything.

A talking raccoon is one thing but I don't know if MS will do something as campy as naming a character Mar-Vell on screen. In which case there is no reason to call Danvers Marvel anything.

In comic movies, the names are given to the heroes by someone else 99% of the time. I don't think it'd be too outlandish.

Avengers 2 not even out yet :lol

Published July 21, 2014 by Devin Faraci
Who Will Direct AVENGERS 3?

Devin thinks it could be James Gunn.

I am pretty sure that Joss Whedon won't direct The Avengers 3. I've heard rumblings from behind-the-scenes that he's pretty much finished with the Marvel stuff, plus doing two enormous movies like that in a limited time span is exhausting. On top of that, no director has ever worked with Marvel more than twice, and the only person who has done that was Jon Favreau, the first guy on board.

So if he leaves after The Avengers: Age of Ultron, who steps into Joss' seat for the third film? After seeing Guardians of the Galaxy and how effortlessly it combined humor and emotion and excellent large-scale action, all while balancing many characters, I thought James Gunn would make a good replacement. And Gunn is very happy working with Marvel - the relationship seems to be extraordinarily positive. When I talked to Gunn this weekend at the Guardians junket I asked him if he would be coming back for Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (the movie ends with a card that says "The Guardians of the Galaxy Will Return"), and he said he wants to. He said his contract has him signed up for a second film. Then he thought about it and corrected himself and said:

Actually my contract just says another Marvel film, it doesn't specify.

And so I took a leap and asked him, "How far along are you in negotiations with Kevin Feige to direct Avengers 3?" I have seen James Gunn in social settings and in press settings, and at this moment I saw James Gunn in one way I had never before seen him: speechless. He kind of sat there gobsmacked for a second. And then he said, "It was great seeing you!" as our interview time was up.

The next day I talked to Kevin Feige, and I straight up asked him: will James Gunn direct Avengers 3? Feige denied it.

That leaves me with one no comment and one denial.

The big question here is Guardians 2. I think the movie is going to do well; whether the film succeeds or not Gunn confirmed to me that Marvel has more plans for the characters and their roles in the larger MCU, but I really think we'll get a Guardians 2 announced soon after opening weekend. Gunn wants to do Guardians 2, although his contract does not specify that as his next Marvel movie. Would he be willing to do The Avengers 3 (which will almost certainly have a heavy Guardians presence) instead? Or could he do both films back to back, as Zack Snyder is doing Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice* and Justice League back to back? If The Avengers 3 is scheduled for 2018, as we have assumed, that's unlikely. But if the film is coming in 2019, the last release date in Marvel's latest announcement...? It's not impossible. It would mean a lot of hard work on Gunn's part.

I think once you see Guardians of the Galaxy you'll be just as excited for Gunn to take on Earth's Mightiest Heroes as I am. I also think that Marvel is going to want to stick with a known quantity to replace Whedon - someone from in-house who understands how they work.

So yeah, rampant nerd speculation... but what do you think?

* the actual title of the movie.

Man, neither film is out yet and it's already "what's next?!?!".

It's always been that way I guess, but still.

Don't listen to that rubbish guys. Joss Whedon loves the Marvel CU, the decision to cut him would come from marvel. And based on Marvels success. That ain't happening.

Published July 23, 2014 by Devin Faraci
Robert Downey Jr: “I Like Money And Thus Would Be Open To IRON MAN 4”

Don't write off the Armored Avenger just yet.

It's been a while since we've had a Marvel movie negotiation happen in the press! Robert Downey Jr, an old pro at this stuff, has taken to the press to begin his talks for another go-round as Tony Stark. Downey, the highest paid actor on Earth thanks to the Marvel movies, has signed on for The Avengers: Age of Ultron and The Avengers 3, but after that he has no obligations to Marvel Studios. He's willing to talk, though.

"It's down to Kevin [Feige, Marvel Studios president] and Ike [Perlmutter, CEO of Marvel Entertainment] and Disney to come to us with what the proposal is, and that's on us to agree or disagree," Downey said. "When things are going great, there's a lot of agreement."

I bet there's a lot of agreement.

It seems to this outside observer like Downey is actually coming at this from a position of weakness, especially if Guardians of the Galaxy opens big. Marvel has shown that the brand is the star, and a Guardians hit proves that. They don't need a Robert Downey Jr, and they can keep their franchises alive. Hell, they don't even need an Iron Man franchise - they have so many properties yet to introduce, any of which could be Iron Man in 2007 (ie a B list hero nobody cares about who suddenly becomes a major hit).

So Iron Man 4 isn't out of the question, although I think Marvel might be warming to this three-and-done franchise model for now. Maybe they want to revive the Armored Avenger sometime in Phase Four, letting the franchise just sort of chill out for six years. They have enough to keep them occupied in the meantime.

SOURCE: LA TIMES

I remember being at arms when the thought of RDJ not doing IM for Avengers 2 was a possibility, but now that he's done 3 Iron Men, and will be doing 3 Avengers, I wouldn't have a problem if he left after that and they brought in someone else. 6 movies as one character is a lot, so I wouldn't mind if someone else took the mantle. However if he wishes to continue, I"m ok with that too. :)

Published July 23, 2014 by Devin Faraci
Marvel Adds A THIRD Unknown Movie To 2018

The studio looks to be moving to three releases a year.

This week Marvel announced five new release dates (but not films) through 2019. Then this morning they did something unexpected: they added another film to the calendar. The new movie will be out May 4th, 2018 - which means it's probably Avengers 3 and the official end of Phase Three.

That gives them three movies in 2018, following up on three movies in 2017. It looks like Marvel is doing three movies a year now.

And this also opens up lots of new opportunities for new franchises. In fact, if my math is correct, this could mean two new franchises by the end of 2018: Captain Marvel and Black Panther? We should know more come Saturday, when Marvel does their big Hall H presentation.

The timing of this is interesting: it looks like Marvel was waiting for Sony to announce a date for The Amazing Spider-Man 3. They announced 2018 this morning... but didn't stake out a specific date. Marvel apparently jumped as soon as they saw Sony wasn't being specific.

... ...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 125
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 124
I would think something like that yeah, no way they will release just iron man and scarlet witch I'm sure

Back