Starz's Black Sails

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really digging this show, especially after playing assassins creed black flag so seeing familiar names and places was a plus.

The show wasn't really going anywhere but episode 5 changed that and ramped things up. Best episode for sure.

I've only made it through 2 episodes. So far the show is ok. I'm going to keep watching--probably try to marathon a few in one sitting--but it's not holding my interest yet. Hopefully that will change the further I get into the season but the show is definitely not a cant-wait-for-the-next-episode show for me yet.

Tried watching the first 2 episodes but it wasn't keeping my attention. Will prolly binge watch it later.

I dig the show, but they need to focus on building the characters a little bit more. They kind of threw everything out there at once and are slowly just pulling back the curtain.

I agree, it's a slow start, but it's much more interesting than other shows on TV like Agents of SHIELD. The historical aspect helps as well and it's cool seeing the pirates from days past show up. Obviously I think they're waiting until next season to reveal the "big daddy of them all" Blackbeard.

Interesting how they brought in Stevenson's TREASURE ISLAND characters like Flint, Silver and Billy Bones for example as the main focus. Clever use to bring in these fictional pirates as a blank slate and sort of build the story up as a pseudo-"prequel" to the novel.

All caught up now. Only 2 more episodes this season. Then the long wait till the 10 episode season two. I am really enjoying this show. The writing is not deep and at times it is silly but it is a lot of fun. Curious to see what happens with the Billy story line. I wonder when and how he will show back up in the future.

Really enjoyed the first season. I very much liked Billy and Mr. Gates so I am bummed their stories were so short. Flynt needs Gates in his life to keep him balanced and I am assuming Silver will take his place. I am also assuming Billy will pop up down the road since we did not see his death but I am not sure how he survived being that they were in the middle of the ocean at the time.

The pirate ship fight was pretty freaking awesome though. It will be a long wait until next season. Good stuff though!

Really enjoyed the first season. I very much liked Billy and Mr. Gates so I am bummed their stories were so short. Flynt needs Gates in his life to keep him balanced and I am assuming Silver will take his place. I am also assuming Billy will pop up down the road since we did not see his death but I am not sure how he survived being that they were in the middle of the ocean at the time.

The pirate ship fight was pretty freaking awesome though. It will be a long wait until next season. Good stuff though!

I could see Billy getting picked up by the Scarborough and claiming he was a member of the Andromache that was knocked overboard during the fight.

just killed both season 1 & 2 last weekend, really like this show. nicely done and the story line isn't to hooky.....acting is rather good as well.

Back