Freaks Fantasy Sports Leagues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never used Yahoo before so I'm just getting used to the look.

I want to make sure I got this right before we draft. There will be two QB's in your starting lineup, two flex spots & a few defensive players. Correct?

Here is what I have set up as far as starters... If you want something different let me know before Wed and I can adjust it.

Quarterback (QB) - 2

Wide Receiver (WR) - 3

Running Back (RB) - 2

Tight End (TE) - 1

Wide Receiver/Running Back/Tight End (W/R/T) - 2

Kicker (K) - 1

Defense/Special Teams (DEF) - 2

Defensive Player (D) - 1

Defensive Back (DB) - 1

Defensive Lineman (DL) - 1

Linebacker (LB) - 1

Bench (BN) - 8

Injured Reserve (IR) - 1

I got a B. Guess that's ok. Better than I did most of the time in school. :)

Loaded With Buccaneers, Darth Madden Can Compete With Anyone

Draft Summary

When a bottom-half draft slot yields top-half results, that's the sign of a strong effort by the GM. Such was the case with Darth Madden, which flipped its seventh overall pick into a projected fifth-place finish in American Freaks Conference League (6-7-0, 1,903 points). They went with a balanced approach early, selecting QB Matt Ryan (34th overall), RB Alfred Morris (27th), WR A.J. Green (14th), and TE Jimmy Graham (7th) within the first five rounds. They put together the lowest-scoring group of RBs in the league, as they added Morris, Maurice Jones-Drew, Knowshon Moreno, and BenJarvus Green-Ellis.

Nice draft. If there were a Fantasy Football Hall Of Fame, you should nominate yourself. Wait, there is? And you can??

Schedule

Darth Madden should use Week 4 to consider life's great mysteries, like why Greenland is ice and Iceland is green? It would be better than checking fantasy football that week. They have nine players and the most projected fantasy points on bye that week. Taking a look at the entire season from start to finish, they have one of the least challenging schedules. Darth Madden has the opportunity to start and finish with a flurry, as both the first four games and final four games of their season are projected to be less difficult than the league average.

Draft Notes
Believing in the Buccaneers
The fantasy hopes of Darth Madden will rest heavily on the fortunes of Lovie's new crew, as they loaded up with five Bucs on their roster.

Great Idea, Poor Execution
Darth Madden will need assistance from the waiver wire in Week 4, as their three WRs with the most projected seasonal points (A.J. Green, Michael Floyd, and Percy Harvin) will all be on bye that week.

Highlight Reel
Darth Madden is stacked at TE, but QB isn't too shabby, either.

A Pair of Proven Winners
Darth Madden has a couple of fantasy MVPs in their lineup. Last season, two of their players (Jimmy Graham and Knowshon Moreno) finished among the top-20 players that were on the most first-place fantasy teams.

A Low Floor, but a High Ceiling?
Darth Madden grabbed a sleeper in Austin Seferian-Jenkins with pick No. 234.

Biggest Steal
Darth Madden may have found a gem in the 15th round, grabbing Steven Hauschka (147th overall pick vs. ADP of 89.3).

The draft grade Yahoo gives you is a nice touch. ESPN doesn't offer that.
It's really cool to read, but it really doesn't mean much, last year in my other league we all submitted our teams to be graded to some website that is supposed to offer the best critique of each team and they said mine was by far the best. I ended up finishing 5th. lol

But here's what they said about mine:

Grade A

Draft Summary
Watch out for Wham Bam Michael Sam. Taking advantage of a solid draft spot (fifth overall), they built a team poised to do some damage in American Freaks Conference League. Wham Bam Michael Sam is expected to finish first with a record of 12-1-0 (2,002 points). They went with a balanced approach early, selecting QB Aaron Rodgers (5th overall), RB Arian Foster (36th), WR Wes Welker (45th), and TE Julius Thomas (25th) within the first five rounds. They put together the bottom group of WRs in the league, as they have Welker, Emmanuel Sanders, Golden Tate, and Sammy Watkins for their rotation.

With a draft like that, you might as well make it official. Nominate yourself for the Toyota Hall Of Fame.

Schedule
Wham Bam Michael Sam will need to plan ahead for Week 9, as their top two projected scorers (Aaron Rodgers and Matthew Stafford) will be on bye that week. Looking at the entire season, they have the least challenging slate. Corresponding with the easiest overall schedule, Wham Bam Michael Sam also has the league's easiest first four games and softest last four games of the season.

Draft Notes
Mile-High Expectations
The fantasy hopes of Wham Bam Michael Sam rest heavily on the fortunes of Peyton's crew, as they have four Broncos on their roster.

Strength in Numbers
TE is the best position for Wham Bam Michael Sam, though RB and QB are also stronger-than-average.

It's How You Finish
Wham Bam Michael Sam must have had a motivational halftime speech, accumulating the most projected points in the league over the second half of the draft.

Team of Champions
Wham Bam Michael Sam is rocking a team of fantasy MVPs. Last season, three of their players were among the top-20 players that were on the most first-place fantasy teams (Matthew Stafford, Julius Thomas, and Reggie Bush).

Bargain Shopper
With five steals in the first 15 rounds (including Golden Tate, Shane Vereen, and Hakeem Nicks), Wham Bam Michael Sam made some shrewd moves.

Biggest Steal
If other Yahoo! users are right, Wham Bam Michael Sam got a steal in the 13th round, when they selected Golden Tate (125th overall pick vs. ADP of 96.5).

Back