Sin City: A Dame To Kill For

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally!
No more of these ugly, lazy, unimaginative movies.

Time for a reboot with no lame ass cgi, some real film noir hommage with some beautiful contrasted black and White cinematography and no muppet makeup.

Finally!
No more of these ugly, lazy, unimaginative movies.

Time for a reboot with no lame ass cgi, some real film noir hommage with some beautiful contrasted black and White cinematography and no muppet makeup.

I doubt we'll see another Sin City anytime soon, regardless of the style. They drug their feet getting this one out and it bombed as a result. Had they had the typical 2-4 year turn around of most sequels, it probably would have done decently again.

At this point I'd just be happy to see someone do a decent Marv 1:6 figure. I'm surprised somebody hasn't done it yet. Pretty simple and straight forward figure to pull off with the now common muscle bodies available.

I doubt we'll see another Sin City anytime soon, regardless of the style. They drug their feet getting this one out and it bombed as a result. Had they had the typical 2-4 year turn around of most sequels, it probably would have done decently again.

At this point I'd just be happy to see someone do a decent Marv 1:6 figure. I'm surprised somebody hasn't done it yet. Pretty simple and straight forward figure to pull off with the now common muscle bodies available.

neca did a great 18 inch Marv :dunno

Yeah, I've actually picked up a few old NECA figures from the first film recently. Love the Death Row Marv :lol Such a twisted idea for a figure!

Its too bad they never did a 12" Marv. It would have been nice to use their headsculpt on a custom at least.

Yeah, I've actually picked up a few old NECA figures from the first film recently. Love the Death Row Marv :lol Such a twisted idea for a figure!

Its too bad they never did a 12" Marv. It would have been nice to use their headsculpt on a custom at least.

Death Row Marv is a great figure. I was hoping for a HT Marv but with the movie's performance at the box office that ain't gonna happen.

A-ha..

Incidentally, would you recommend 'Death Proof' ?

Death Proof is awesome. A true grindhouse flick.

neca did a great 18 inch Marv :dunno

1314116326945.gif

I just caught this last night, and i thought it was horrible. It kinda has the style of the first one, but doesn't even have half the flair.

The Dame to Kill for segment was pretty drawn out and boring. President Palmer was ok as Manute, but Jamie Chung wasen't as cool as Devon Aoki. Her weird looking face made her more mysterious and was better suited then the new one (although she is prettier).

It felt exactly what it was, a sequel that took the remaining less interesting Sin City stories left, after the first movie took the best 3.

And can someone explain to me... does Marv being in Nancy's story even make any sense?

- In the first one, Marv drops off Wendy at Nancy's house, and goes for the Cardinal, and you know the rest.

- So your telling me... Marv dropped off Wendy, walked around the rain, did the Sin City 2 Nancy segment, then went back out to kill the Cardinal? man... he really DOES have a condition....

no it does not make sense.

people are speculating that either Nancy dreamed the entire thing off and it never happened,
OR Marv is a ghost like Bruce Willis and she just imagined Marv being there.

it has to be either one of those unless Marv somehow came back from the death which is not likely

I saw this one tonight, and actually enjoyed it quite a bit. More than I expected. Not the awesome experience that seeing the first one was, but it did what it did well IMO, and certainly doesn't warrant the lack of ticket sales that it's seeing. I'm sure that is due to a lack of promotion as much as anything else. Not that I would expect it to be rivaling GOTG or anything, but it's not a bad movie. And I don't really care if Marv being there doesn't make sense. More Marv is always a good thing in these movies.

I'm going to try to see this before it leaves the theaters. I loved the first one and don't have any real expectations for it so I don't see how I'll be disappointed. Also, I agree with you, karamazov80--you can never have too much Marv.

Back