Premium Format The Incredible Hulk The Avengers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My display is slowly turning into Predator/Aliens...With a bit of Marvel thrown in.

If only we could find our 'direction' when we start.
I think all new collectors try to buy everything :lol

yehh i m collecting 1/4 scale from 4 years. Now i have specific choice at 1st there were many impulse buys now i got rid of unwanted impulse bought statues...... now very focused on what i want.......

My display is slowly turning into Predator/Aliens...With a bit of Marvel thrown in.

If only we could find our 'direction' when we start.
I think all new collectors try to buy everything :lol

Yup, when I first started collecting, greedy. Everything I want. But then slowly become more selective and focus. Price of admission for every new collector I suppose

I'm looking to eventually sell mine. Got my hands on the original PF and am distancing myself from movie pieces. I got the original PF, the upcoming Grey PF, probably King Hulk, and with all the other big pieces I have and are on the way, it's time to thin the herd. I just don't have the space. I do love it though.

I'll never let go of mine. Just get it DHAVAL :lecture

For some reasons I thought I was in the new hulk pf thread. Just realized this is a maquette thread.

Yes, for now it is a keeper, but I can't say I would never sell it, there are many other statues in my collecttion that I like better than him. But he is a very good statue, I like it.

While I can never say never (Well I can about my Conan and Indy PFs) this is my fav. Hulk and I think it's ust such a great representation of the classic look that it fits comic and film just fine...

I love it's subtle Awesomeness!!!

P1180564_zpsd41c2855_Fotor_Collage_zps6281da6a.jpg

While I can never say never (Well I can about my Conan and Indy PFs) this is my fav. Hulk and I think it's ust such a great representation of the classic look that it fits comic and film just fine...

I love it's subtle Awesomeness!!!

P1180564_zpsd41c2855_Fotor_Collage_zps6281da6a.jpg

r those inhand pics Jaws? really awesome. I just need some time as so many big hitters on order.......

I was wondering if there's anybody in the forum who has the XM studio incredible hulk and if anyone would be willing to put up a picture here side by side just for comparison purposes.

Just a heads up... SSalex said as of now there are less then 50 left and she is not sure they are making anymore after that.... She stated it was not a scare tactic... Just passing on the info she had.

Won't they post a "less than 50 left" notice?

I want this piece but I've just really gotten into collecting and want to make sure I don't miss out on Smaug and Godzilla 2014.

As CC said. Check the product page on Sideshow website. Don't wait for any e-mail alert or anything.

Ok, but there should be a warning at some point right? It won't go from shipping to sold out without a warning?

Also, I've read there was some issues with the eybrows. Can anyone confirm that that they do/don't look "off" in person?

Ok, but there should be a warning at some point right? It won't go from shipping to sold out without a warning?

Also, I've read there was some issues with the eybrows. Can anyone confirm that that they do/don't look "off" in person?

Usually there is a warning. Sometimes it's just part of the newsletter. Other times, they send out a dedicated mail. What I'm saying is that you are probably best off just monitoring the product page from time to time, and don't just rely on Sideshow sending out a warning. But I guess that's up to you.

There were some eyebrow issues, correct. It's pretty much varies from piece to piece. The problem was that the paint wasn't really applied correctly to the sculpt. Some collectors managed to fix this themselves with not too much of a hassle. Others chose to simple have the entire thing repainted.

I believe there were also rather noticeable differences in the green colors from piece to piece. Some had dark green faces, others a more yellowy color in the face area. It seemed quite random, to be honest.

Usually there is a warning. Sometimes it's just part of the newsletter. Other times, they send out a dedicated mail. What I'm saying is that you are probably best off just monitoring the product page from time to time, and don't just rely on Sideshow sending out a warning. But I guess that's up to you.

There were some eyebrow issues, correct. It's pretty much varies from piece to piece. The problem was that the paint wasn't really applied correctly to the sculpt. Some collectors managed to fix this themselves with not too much of a hassle. Others chose to simple have the entire thing repainted.

I believe there were also rather noticeable differences in the green colors from piece to piece. Some had dark green faces, others a more yellowy color in the face area. It seemed quite random, to be honest.

Ok thanks. One last question, with respect to buying other statues -- is quality control generally an issue early on when pieces first start to ship or later on? In other words, is it better to wait to buy statutes several months after release so issues can be ironed out or does quality control tend to be better near release date?

Back