Premium Format Planet Hulk / Gladiator Hulk Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, and never use green bubble wrap to pack a painted statue...
2dt9i08.jpg

Weird never seen this before,always plastic bags or paper.:dunno

It was a replacement part.
When I got a new body it was very well packed in foam shaped around it.
Bubble wrap and a box doesn't offer the same protection.

It was a replacement part.
When I got a new body it was very well packed in foam shaped around it.
Bubble wrap and a box doesn't offer the same protection.
They had the foam, but one side had the bubble wrap under it which rubbed off green onto the paint. Also, they had the point jammed into the box. This is probably why it chipped. In addition, there was not a fragile sign on the box.

Tip of the sword stuck in the box was asking for it to break :slap
If you think couriers pay attention to 'FRAGILE' stickers you are very much mistaken. They treat them all the same, usually not very well.

I'm sure SS will send you another. Let them know their packaging was crap.

Tip of the sword stuck in the box was asking for it to break :slap
If you think couriers pay attention to 'FRAGILE' stickers you are very much mistaken. They treat them all the same, usually not very well.

I'm sure SS will send you another. Let them know their packaging was crap.

Yup, they still toss the box around

Opened up my 2nd Gladiator Hulk today. Lol let's just say it's a good thing I ordered two. One perfect and pristine! Number two not so much... Haha Glad I can laugh about this. It's a bummer I had two order two of these to get a good one but at the same time I'll be taking my refund on number two.

Opened up my 2nd Gladiator Hulk today. Lol let's just say it's a good thing I ordered two. One perfect and pristine! Number two not so much... Haha Glad I can laugh about this. It's a bummer I had two order two of these to get a good one but at the same time I'll be taking my refund on number two.

What's wrong with it?

What's wrong with it?

The feathers showed up detached from the helmet which would have been an easy replacement but there's also a handful of scuff marks on the right arm of gladiator. Lastly the shield barely holds. I dunno about anyone else but neither one of my shields fits flush into the peg hole. The first one fits in mostly but the second one is barely staying in. It's weird how I can get one completely free of issues and another with several of them. :dunno

The feathers showed up detached from the helmet which would have been an easy replacement but there's also a handful of scuff marks on the right arm of gladiator. Lastly the shield barely holds. I dunno about anyone else but neither one of my shields fits flush into the peg hole. The first one fits in mostly but the second one is barely staying in. It's weird how I can get one completely free of issues and another with several of them. :dunno

Just like dating women :lol

Very happy with mine that arrived yesterday. This thing is huge and heavy. I have a few, very small white
spots up around the neck and a small case of googly eyes. The white spots I'll just touch up. The eyes
really depend on what angle you look at him from to get the case of the googly eyes. Now I have to find
a place for this Beast. My wife looked at it and just shook her head.

I had the feather problem on my first head, too. They sent me a replacement.

I had the feather problem on my first head, too. They sent me a replacement.

Admittedly I only wanted one of these so the fact that I went 1 for 2 couldn't have worked out better buddy. I just wanted this so bad and I didn't want to chance it selling out that I placed the order for two of them being confident that I'd be able to compose a perfect one out of the two. That's exactly what happened! Minus the sell out haha

bummer, called CS and she said SSC doesn't send replacement brown shipper box. Mr. Green should've not accept from UPS but he might get a bad one next time around.

So....I finally decided to get the Gladiator Hulk. Thankfully, I got this bad boy for $550 from a friend. I am extremely impressed with it and as I was putting him together, I caught myself at times thinking this statue is a grail.

So everything was going great and all, everything looking spiffy (no scratches, blemishes, chips, etc.). So you remember how I was blabbering on about the shield paint job on this statue....how terribad and lazy I thought it was? Well......I can rest easy in telling you...

MINE WAS THAT BAD!!!!!! I don't know what the hell happened to my shield in particular, but it looks like one half of the shield got dipped in oil and then let sit in the hot sun for about a week so that it was etched in it permanently. Don't know how good the picture shows up...better without flash, but you can distinctly see one half looks great and the other half looks like a suntan. It looks like Malekith (comic version) for goodness sake.

Anyways, after putting him together I can honestly say it is one of the top 3 or 4 statues I think SS has done. The amount of details especially on the armguard is quite amazing actually. High quality piece.

Now I wait on my XM Hulk statue....which unfortunately for me will be awhile due to the STGCC convention pushing the 2nd batch of Hulks back a couple weeks. Oh well, as long as it gets to me in excellent shape (which I am quite confident it will).

The only other Hulk I will be getting after XM Hulk is the Red Hulk PF Exclusive from SS. Then I will be able to put all the Hulks I own in one display. Crazy....I am not the biggest Hulk fan but I own the most statues of him. I mean Thor is my favorite character I don't own one of him (that will change when the XM Thor is released). I have the Modern Thor PF on pre-order but am thinking of cancelling it. Thank God there was no NRD on that one!

So fellow GH owners...cheers to us! Another great statue from SS!

2822bf7.jpg

2d0drsw.jpg

j10rpx.jpg

If anyone says they can't see the half light half black side....you need glasses....badly! It isn't the lighting either.
2zqftdg.jpg

9j2jkg.jpg

anhced.jpg

qx6mpe.jpg

So....I finally decided to get the Gladiator Hulk. Thankfully, I got this bad boy for $550 from a friend. I am extremely impressed with it and as I was putting him together, I caught myself at times thinking this statue is a grail.

So everything was going great and all, everything looking spiffy (no scratches, blemishes, chips, etc.). So you remember how I was blabbering on about the shield paint job on this statue....how terribad and lazy I thought it was? Well......I can rest easy in telling you...

MINE WAS THAT BAD!!!!!! I don't know what the hell happened to my shield in particular, but it looks like one half of the shield got dipped in oil and then let sit in the hot sun for about a week so that it was etched in it permanently. Don't know how good the picture shows up...better without flash, but you can distinctly see one half looks great and the other half looks like a suntan. It looks like Malekith (comic version) for goodness sake.

Anyways, after putting him together I can honestly say it is one of the top 3 or 4 statues I think SS has done. The amount of details especially on the armguard is quite amazing actually. High quality piece.

Now I wait on my XM Hulk statue....which unfortunately for me will be awhile due to the STGCC convention pushing the 2nd batch of Hulks back a couple weeks. Oh well, as long as it gets to me in excellent shape (which I am quite confident it will).

The only other Hulk I will be getting after XM Hulk is the Red Hulk PF Exclusive from SS. Then I will be able to put all the Hulks I own in one display. Crazy....I am not the biggest Hulk fan but I own the most statues of him. I mean Thor is my favorite character I don't own one of him (that will change when the XM Thor is released). I have the Modern Thor PF on pre-order but am thinking of cancelling it. Thank God there was no NRD on that one!

So fellow GH owners...cheers to us! Another great statue from SS!

If anyone says they can't see the half light half black side....you need glasses....badly! It isn't the lighting either.
2zqftdg.jpg

Mr. Green got the same thing on the shield. Got to be purposeful and is their way of implementing shadow on the shield and not meant to look good with flash. The same thing is with the sword. The side closer to Hulk is darker while the side facing outward is more shinny.

Back