Premium Format Planet Hulk / Gladiator Hulk Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know right??.....lol. I do recall Spidey saying something about being fair and pointing out issues with whatever product from whatever company! It does not take a rocket scientist to see the paint on the shield is one of the most uninspiring paint ups of all time......hell this is reminiscent of a Syco paint up. I didn't know the leather part was that bad until someone showed a side by side pic. Now, although this seems like an isolated incident....Geno got a googly eye Hulk (although we all have seen far worse).

And skillet is right...the left eye is tracking properly, but the right eye should look more left. Outside of these three problems, the statue is great! The Hulk himself is painted almost flawlessly from what I have seen so far. The helmet and shoulder pads look solid, but those can be painted up a lot better as well. The base is done solidly as are the shoes Hulk is wearing. The sword looks solidly done as well.

Agreed. Spidey has claimed he will bring the hammer down, but giving the shield a complete pass isn't helping his claims.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed. Spidey has claimed he will bring the hammer down, but giving the shield a complete pass isn't helping his claims.[/QUOTE]

Still waiting on loric's PM, and honestly wondering what I don't see. Now I am just wondering when you are going to realize that Magneto looks like a 1/5 Com... Lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still waiting on loric's PM, and honestly wondering what I don't see. Now I am just wondering when you are going to realize that Magneto looks like a 1/5 Com... Lol.

Second time you've deflected the issues about this statue to XM, not helping your case here again my friend.

Just YANKING your chain ... Lol. You know I love their stuff

Speaking of loving their stuff.

DogHumpGifPurplePillow.gif

Ummmmm.. Yanked teased me about my SSC pompoms then I teased him about his XM knee pads.... Dude THAT was friendly banter... now if you had brought up the fact that JAWS and I had derailed the thread about Keown vs Deodato ********... THAT I would get...:wink1:

That was an EPIC derailment.... ;) ;) :) :hi5:

I know right??.....lol. I do recall Spidey saying something about being fair and pointing out issues with whatever product from whatever company! It does not take a rocket scientist to see the paint on the shield is one of the most uninspiring paint ups of all time......hell this is reminiscent of a Syco paint up. I didn't know the leather part was that bad until someone showed a side by side pic. Now, although this seems like an isolated incident....Geno got a googly eye Hulk (although we all have seen far worse).

And skillet is right...the left eye is tracking properly, but the right eye should look more left. Outside of these three problems, the statue is great! The Hulk himself is painted almost flawlessly from what I have seen so far. The helmet and shoulder pads look solid, but those can be painted up a lot better as well. The base is done solidly as are the shoes Hulk is wearing. The sword looks solidly done as well.

I don't see a problem with the paint on the shield.... It's how it looks in the comics... In fact in the comics it looks more just one color.... Don't get the issue you are having.

Other then nails and eyes... This looks great.

28wi043.jpg

I think the issue with the shield is not that it looks bad, but that it doesn't look like what was intended in proto. There is no highlights in the raised areas. Not say it looks bad, just different. I don't have a problem with it (in fact, thinking about pulling trigger), but I can see what some may have issues with.

Wow Jaws. That is the best body paint on a g hulk I've seen yet! And your Spidey paint app looks phenomenal as well.

I think the issue with the shield is not that it looks bad, but that it doesn't look like what was intended in proto. There is no highlights in the raised areas. Not say it looks bad, just different. I don't have a problem with it (in fact, thinking about pulling trigger), but I can see what some may have issues with.

DING DING DING DING DING DING........EXACTLY!!!! The round trim along the shield and the thunderbolts that emanate from the middle sculpture of the shield do not have the gold highlights like the SS painted up pictures. Thanks skillet!

This makes the shield look flat overall and doesn't accentuate the relief sculpture on the shield like it should.

That's pretty much what I have been talkin about.

If there was no SS painted pics showing what it intended to look like Jaws....then you would never have heard me talk so loud about this.

Now it may not be an issue to some, and it doesn't make this statue lackluster, but FOR ME it is very plain, very simpletonish paint job and the shield is what attracts me to this statue the most?

I hope I am clear now.

Back