Premium Format Planet Hulk / Gladiator Hulk Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But I also stated these pics have not been of the high quality type (no offense to those who have taken pics).

Will someone please post a decent, clear, picture of the shield!
I can't find one anywhere...

2vmamf7.jpg

SSC always seems to do well with Hulk from Proto to production. The original PF, the two Dioramas, and the Comiquette are all pretty spot on to the production pieces. I would say that the final production version of the Avengers maquette is the only one that was not almost identical to the original.

This one seems to be following the original trend. :)

Jaws, I love my comiquette very much and think that it is a beautiful representation of HULK's anger and greatness but it's color is a bit off and different than the proto! If I have an enough budget in the near future, I will repainted it to a customer then the awesome HULK turns into something spectacular:) Gladiator Hulk's painting looks incredible and I wish the comiquette one turned out like it...

SSC always seems to do well with Hulk from Proto to production. The original PF, the two Dioramas, and the Comiquette are all pretty spot on to the production pieces. I would say that the final production version of the Avengers maquette is the only one that was not almost identical to the original.

This one seems to be following the original trend. :)

Agreed, they have done well on their Hulk line with the Avengers piece being the exception. Wish they were that consistent with the IM line :banghead

Glad to see some better pics rolling in than what we saw initially.

Will someone please post a decent, clear, picture of the shield!
I can't find one anywhere...

2vmamf7.jpg

If that is clear in correct lighting taken by a high quality camera...then sorry to say.....the paint up on that shield is definitely lacking WHEN COMPARING IT TO THIS PICTURE!!!!

2wcf8fd.jpg

The edges of the shield and the 4 arrows (lightning bolts) that shoot out from the center of the shield are not painted the same way and is clearly nowhere near to it being the same. Its as if the entire shield was painted the same, even going over the arrows and outer-lined edge of the shield. There is no distinction to those areas that should be distinctive.

And yes, it is important to me greatly because that is what stands out to me first when I see this statue. Now after seeing this, until CRISP HD QUALITY PICS SHOW ME OTHERWISE, this is an EASY PASS, and I will instead order the King Hulk!!!!

Regarding the shield, it is hard to explain but the tone changes in light. It can be very dark where the light doesn't reflect. I don't think pictures can do it justice, not mine at least [emoji2]

I can totally see it & it's the first thing I noticed when the in hand pics were posted,,but not a deal breaker for me.

I think it looks pretty good too, but perhaps the difference is, in the proto the raised portions are mostly gold and the recessed portions are mostly bronzed. The in-hands have the same colors and tone but all over (a bit random), so the shield doesn't pop as much. So if you don't see a side by side the in-hands look pretty good. Again, the caveat is different lighting and HD pics....

I think it looks pretty good too, but perhaps the difference is, in the proto the raised portions are mostly gold and the recessed portions are mostly bronzed. The in-hands have the same colors and tone but all over (a bit random), so the shield doesn't pop as much. So if you don't see a side by side the in-hands look pretty good. Again, the caveat is different lighting and HD pics....
:lecture :goodpost: :lecture

Agreed to each us own. Looking back I actually prefer the production shield vs proto. It looks more metal like. So I also ordered some dark brown oiled tanned leather , going to attempt a skirt to my own preference.

Jaws, I love my comiquette very much and think that it is a beautiful representation of HULK's anger and greatness but it's color is a bit off and different than the proto! If I have an enough budget in the near future, I will repainted it to a customer then the awesome HULK turns into something spectacular:) Gladiator Hulk's painting looks incredible and I wish the comiquette one turned out like it...

I meant to bring up the color.... Yes the color was not exact... But for me personally I like the color fine. But yes that was different. The sculpt though was dead on to the proto.

Agreed, they have done well on their Hulk line with the Avengers piece being the exception. Wish they were that consistent with the IM line :banghead

Avengers Hulk is still a great piece. Just wish the eyebrows matched the proto.

Agreed to each us own. Looking back I actually prefer the production shield vs proto. It looks more metal like. So I also ordered some dark brown oiled tanned leather , going to attempt a skirt to my own preference.
Do you think you can remove the buttons and apply to one you attempt to make?
Is it that flimsy in hand? Good luck

Back