What's the plan with the DC license? It's moving very slow.... :(

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to admit I am getting impatient with it. I really want a Superman PF. At the same time I can wait because I need more time.

:goodpost:

The guy is not complaining...he simply asked a few questions...sheesh.

Probably thought maybe someone knew some info he didn't...afterall, isn't that the point of discussion...enlightenment?

Buttmunch helped him out...

:exactly: Valid questions with a poor try at derailment from some. :lol

Comic-Con_logo.png

R.I.P DC comics..... If not for Chris Nolan and Rocksteady games it would have already died.

The rumors are that it's licensor approval holding things back. Given the amounts of teasing being done over social media I would imagine that we'll get such a slew of new product at SDCC that they'll be a thread complaining of over saturation.

Besides SSC generally begins their teasing of SDCC in May and the show is less than 3 months away so why would they show their hand now when they can be the belles of the ball yet again this year?

Not to mention that at C2E2 Geoff Johns took a quick jab at DC Direct (Now DC Collectibles) about being on time its safe to assume that it would apply both in hand and outsourced deals. DC Direct/Collectibles had always been monumentally slow

Well looking at just the teases we know that they were planing on the 1:6 by the end of the year which means knowing SSC's time tables they usually go two quarters out, so I'm sure there is the first groups sitting waiting approvals for order in the summer, we saw a practically finished Hal Jordan in their video, a sculpted Catwoman LSF, a sculpted Superman 1:1, an almost finished Batman PF and sketches of at least four other characters.

I would blame approvals over everything else.

Well looking at just the teases we know that they were planing on the 1:6 by the end of the year which means knowing SSC's time tables they usually go two quarters out, so I'm sure there is the first groups sitting waiting approvals for order in the summer, we saw a practically finished Hal Jordan in their video, a sculpted Catwoman LSF, a sculpted Superman 1:1, an almost finished Batman PF and sketches of at least four other characters.

I would blame approvals over everything else.

Any explanations behind why DC is taking so long to approve those pieces? I am wondering is Sideshow allowed to make the 1/2 Legendary Scale busts and VS Diorama for DC Universe.

DC must be a nightmare to deal with. Just look at the stuff DC Direct have produced over the years. The same 3-4 characters a million times each. Sideshow suggest some obscure character and DC give them the medusa stare.

Given for the most part that DC held everything in house and let very little outsource especially when dealing with what Sideshow deals with, this must be difficult for all parties involved. Think about it, at DCD if something was late you went down a floor or called someone to figure it out, licensing, everything was done in house. Dealing with an outside company you have a line of communication that is new for them.

With Geoff Johns willing to take shots at DC Direct about being on-time and the notorious delays that the company shows throughout it's history it's obvious that they already had a problem add in a third party that has to approve pieces and suggest changes or reject things and issue changes and then having it go to Sideshow and then them having to be in touch with a sculptor before the next go-around it must be a logistical horror.

Marvel I've heard is a pain in the ass to deal with in terms of getting things done but Sideshow has already worked out most of those kinks to the point of having things offered while other things are influx. With DC they don't have a jumping point yet.

DC must be a nightmare to deal with. Just look at the stuff DC Direct have produced over the years. The same 3-4 characters a million times each. Sideshow suggest some obscure character and DC give them the medusa stare.

I hope DC will let Sideshow explore into the depths of the DC Universe... There are many more cool characters other than the Big 3 to tackle..

Back