Your latest comic book or novel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember reading All Star Western when the new 52 started. I was really enjoying it but dropped it after about 9 or 10 issues because there was so much other stuff I was reading. It was a fun book though.

I just finished Year One, Longbow Hunters and Hunter's moon. Can't wait for volume 2 of Grell's run this year. I got the Morrison JLA run in paperback.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to volume 2 of Grell's Green Arrow. Loved the first volume. I've been getting the recent trades of Morrison's JLA and it's been awesome. Massive fan of Morrison but had never read his JLA, it was great and nicely finished off with Mark Waid's Tower of Babel.

I've been making my way through Geoff Johns' run on Green Lantern and it's been awesome. Just finished Sinestro Corps War. The first volume was a little meh but the second volume was amazing. By the end of it I felt like I'd sat through an epic blockbuster movie. Like I was exhausted. :lol

I've got the first issue but not read it yet. Been looking forward to it for a long time as it seems insane. :lol such an awesome idea though.

I just love the whole Multiverse concept. Seeing different variations of these heroes on Parallel Earths has always been one of the best parts of comics, for me.

Yeah it's quite fun to see an alternate version of the character where things are kind of flipped but also have remaining traits. I recently started reading crisis on infinite earths as it was on sale on the DC app, but I've found it a chore to read through. Not that it's complicated or confusing, more just a struggle to keep reading. I don't know if its become quite dated, although I still love reading older stuff from 70's etc so I dunno.

Batfan, I loved your idea you mentioned a few times in other threads about all the movies existing as alternate earths to each other. That's brilliant.

Finally found a good deal on some omnibuses I've been holding out on.
Just ordered:
Annihilation Omnibus
Infinity Gauntlet Omnibus
Uncanny X-men Vol 2 Omnibus.
Should get them in 2 weeks time.

I don't usually do comics/novels, but this just arrived through my door. Couldn't pass it up when I saw it, I'm looking forward to it..

A0o1cbc.jpg

I don't usually do comics/novels, but this just arrived through my door. Couldn't pass it up when I saw it, I'm looking forward to it..

Well I guess this has started something! I just found myself pre ordering number 2, along with Alien Fire & Stone, Predator Alien Fire & Stone and AVP Alien Fire & Stone.... Also hunting down Dredd Underbelly which I almost made my first comic.... wish I had done so when it was £2.50 lol.

I've not heard of this. I take it DC are doing a bunch of Darwyn Cooke variant covers for some of their titles?

Basically, for the past year or so, DC's been doing theme variants for their titles each month. For example, because of LEGO Batman 3, this November, the theme is "LEGO," and so, there are LEGO variants (pretty much the same format as the #0 issue covers from two years ago, but with minifig a busting through the page. December's theme is that all of them are done by Darwyn Cooke. He's doing variants for, I think 23 of the DC Titles. The cool thing, though, is that they aren't limited (I.e. 1:25), so, basically, if you choose to order the variant, you get it for cover price.

Here are all of the covers he did:

https://comicsalliance.com/darwyn-cooke-dc-variants-december/

Basically, for the past year or so, DC's been doing theme variants for their titles each month. For example, because of LEGO Batman 3, this November, the theme is "LEGO," and so, there are LEGO variants (pretty much the same format as the #0 issue covers from two years ago, but with minifig a busting through the page. December's theme is that all of them are done by Darwyn Cooke. He's doing variants for, I think 23 of the DC Titles. The cool thing, though, is that they aren't limited (I.e. 1:25), so, basically, if you choose to order the variant, you get it for cover price.

Ooooh I like them ALOT!!!!!

Here's my recent pick ups...

Usual Pull

Futures End Lenti's

And a couple of Grimm's

Neil

Yeah! I've enjoyed some of their themed variants, the recent selfie covers were quite cool, especially the Batman and Robin and Aquaman ones. I didn't realise they were doing some Darwyn Cooke covers though, they look awesome. Will definitely be picking some of those up. Thanks for the link.

That's a great haul, soundwave. Those lenticulars are super cool, aren't they?

Yeah! I've enjoyed some of their themed variants, the recent selfie covers were quite cool, especially the Batman and Robin and Aquaman ones. I didn't realise they were doing some Darwyn Cooke covers though, they look awesome. Will definitely be picking some of those up. Thanks for the link.

No problem. I really liked some of those selfie covers, too, but I only bought one, which was the '66 Batman cover, because I just loved the idea of Robin taking a selfie with a rotary phone while sliding down the batpole (though, admittedly, in a world where they have a "mobile crime computer" in the trunk of their car, I could totally see them having a "Batcamera" phone).:lol The other one I really liked was the Batman/Superman cover, where Clark's holding the phone with one hand and making Bruce "smile" with the other.:lol

That's a great haul, soundwave. Those lenticulars are super cool, aren't they?

Thanks man.

They are pretty sweet, hard to photograph because of the motion effect but they are nice.
I prefer the earlier ones but these are good.

Looking forward to the Lego one's soon but those Darwyn one's look like being the best we've had this year.

Neil

Back