Your latest comic book or novel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Read my usual titles also gave Robert Kirkman's Outcast' a try. I liked it. Not sure if I'll keep reading or not though. Comic books get expensive real quick.

Read my usual titles also gave Robert Kirkman's Outcast' a try. I liked it. Not sure if I'll keep reading or not though. Comic books get expensive real quick.

I read Outcast at the weekend myself was very very good.
Not a huge fan on the art as it was a bit difficult to make out in some panles but it fitted the tone of the book really well & I'm looking forward to see where it goes.

I haven't posted recent pic ups in ages but I've been buying the usual suspects & I've been getting sucked into buying Grimm titles as well (damn they are expensive books!!).

Last really out of the ordinary stuff was a complete run of all the DC Bombshell covers...

Neil

DSCN3225_zpsd6304dbd.jpg

One slightly expensive trip to the comic shop yesterday resulted in this little lot...

And a package today from an online comic shop had these...

Yes I realise I have one of those Helsing covers twice...don't ask :slap

Neil

Cheap trip to the LCS yesterday & I only had these in the bag...

I did add this though as it just looked too cool to pass up & I don't even like Spiderman

Also picked up a parcel today which contained these 2 gems...

Not really read much Green Arrow in my time but have been enjoying the TV show & have heard these are some of the best so seemed rude not to get them when I was offered them :)

Neil

I love Green Arrow but never read Kevin Smith's run, as I generally can't stand him. If you enjoy it though I'd definitely recommend The Longbow Hunters and then Hunters Moon by Mike Grell. Really awesome, gritty stuff with Green Arrow at his best in my opinion. Also the new 52 stuff since Jeff Lemire took over has been fantastic.

I've just read JLA: Tower of Babel. I'd read if before but just re read it as I've been collecting the current deluxe editions of Grant Morrison's JLA run. I'd forgotten how good Tower of Babel is. Really amazing stuff. I've also just got the new editions of Bruce Wayne: Murderer and Bruce Wayne: Fugitive, never read the story before so am looking forward to that.

I love Green Arrow but never read Kevin Smith's run, as I generally can't stand him. If you enjoy it though I'd definitely recommend The Longbow Hunters and then Hunters Moon by Mike Grell. Really awesome, gritty stuff with Green Arrow at his best in my opinion. Also the new 52 stuff since Jeff Lemire took over has been fantastic.

I've just read JLA: Tower of Babel. I'd read if before but just re read it as I've been collecting the current deluxe editions of Grant Morrison's JLA run. I'd forgotten how good Tower of Babel is. Really amazing stuff. I've also just got the new editions of Bruce Wayne: Murderer and Bruce Wayne: Fugitive, never read the story before so am looking forward to that.

I just finished Year One, Longbow Hunters and Hunter's moon. Can't wait for volume 2 of Grell's run this year. I got the Morrison JLA run in paperback.

Awesome, yet bittersweet week:

CBC802E3-9FF3-4929-ADED-BD6C3C01EB01.jpg

All-Star Western #34 was phenomenal. It's hard to believe that Palmiotti and Gray had been writing Hex for almost a decade and for 104 issues. I was sad when they announced the book was ending back in May, but this was a perfect conclusion.

Back