Your latest comic book or novel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered this yesterday

vyvyhy5u.jpg

I've been meaning to get this for awhile now

Currently reading through Planet Hulk

I got this through on Sat. I can't believe how big & heavy it is. It's a gorgeous book, I highly recommend this to any Wolverine fans

6ubanere.jpg

I had a few quiet hours this weekend and caught up on some reading. Some were good and some were meh.
Good
Daredevil Mark Waid Vol 1 Oversise HC - Great book, highly recommended. Waid's DD is just as good as Bendi's run. Although their take on the character are different. With Bendis being a more serious/gritty book. Waid's rendition is new and fresh. VEry well written and the art by Rivera is gorgeous.

Meh:
Age of Ultron HC - I went into this not knowing much about the events leading up to this story. I was very confused and after reading the main story was lost as to why things happened. I hope the new Whedon movie is not this confusing. I had to look up the internet and see what the ramifications of Ultron will have on the Marvel U. Found out that this happened all on Earth 6112 and not Earth 616. WTH??? Overall there were some pretty cool events happening in the book but will have to read the new series Hunger to fully understand what future events were affected by AoU. I wish the marvel HC would collect the book in reading order, which would mean to slide in the tie-ins in correct places so that the story would flow more.

Next book on my list to read is Hawkeye Vol 1 HC.

Sooooo my obsession with Grimm Fairy tales has kicked in & I've won a few auctions on Ebay this week for a few random issues.
I'll be picking up the Omnibus to begin with then grab the TPB's after that but eventually I'll start collecting individuals so have started to build up the collection & so far I have this lot...

Neil

Just picked Secret Warriors Omnibus and
American Vampire HC Vol 6.
Also it was FCBD here in Australia so picked up a few freebies as well.

Locke & Key vol 1-6 HC
Y The Last Man vol 1-5 HC
Wonder Woman n52 vol 3
Rough Justice by Alex Ross
Icons by Jim Lee
Cover Run by Adam Hughes

Is Annihilation event any good? Thinking of picking up the omnibus soon.
Anybody recommend this?

Yep it's one of the best series Marvel ever put out IMO
Brilliant stuff from start to finish & even the mini series after (Thanos Imperative / Annihilators) are worth reading.

You won't be sorry...I wish I'd known they would do an Omnibus at some point as trying to source my individual releases was a total PITA if I'm honest & I still need a HC for volume 2 as the tpb looks weird sandwiched between the HC's for 1 & 3 & it annoys me everytime I look at it lol

Neil

Picked up the Ninja turtles 30th anniversary comic last week among my other stuff in my file. Really great to see creative teams from throughout the lifespan of the Ninja turtles get together again to create little 5 page stories in tribute.

Anyone here use TFAW? Thinking of starting to get my comics from online. Having problems with my LCS I have a pullbox with several comics a month I go and they always mess up and I end up missing 3 or issues of any certain comic.

Back