Received an insurance ad with a picture of my own house.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProgMatinee

circlesendwheretheybegin
Reaction score
I guess nothing should surprise me these days, but I thought it weird and just plain distasteful method of advertising but I received a postcard from a local insurance company with a picture of my own house on it!

The picture was several years old, I can tell by the size of the tree, but nonetheless, just not cool.

I called the insurance agent on the card and told him I thought it was creepy and had no desire to buy insurance from him. :lol

Just felt a little invasive and creepy, what's next a dentist sending me an ad with a picture of my own mouth or a gym sending me a picture of my gut?

cool-starry-bra.jpg

Just sue him!:lecture

That's what Americans do in this situation right?

That probably could be possible. I don't think they have the right to use an image of your own home without your permission to advertise their crap. Sue'em and buy lots of HT and Sideshow stuff with the free cash! :rock

Take them to the cleaners then buy Hot Toys, crush them into powder and snort it!!!:lecture

Now there's the good life.:panic::yess::clap

so was the picture taken when you owned the house or before? since it was several years later, and if the pic was taken before you owned the house. Is there a base for lawsuit? what if they had permission to take it or the house was empty or something?

The picture was definitely taken while I live there. I recognize my Christmas decorations and landscaping.

I may not have been clear, but I don't think this ad was widespread or anything. Its a personalized ad. My neighbor may have gotten one with his house on it. The question is was the picture of my house sold to this company or was it public record or something? Was the picture taken when I refinanced my house or had some improvements that required someone to take pictures? Or did someone drive around and take pictures of everyone's home?

It wouldn't surprise me for this approach to be more widespread or people using satellite pictures or google earth or something. But like I said, what next, someone sending you a personalized ad with your own face on it? Or a picture of your car on a Macco ad? Just seems a little invasive.

I guess nothing should surprise me these days, but I thought it weird and just plain distasteful method of advertising but I received a postcard from a local insurance company with a picture of my own house on it!

The picture was several years old, I can tell by the size of the tree, but nonetheless, just not cool.

I called the insurance agent on the card and told him I thought it was creepy and had no desire to buy insurance from him. :lol

Just felt a little invasive and creepy, what's next a dentist sending me an ad with a picture of my own mouth or a gym sending me a picture of my gut?

Congratulations! You hit the Lotto despite being too cheap to play! :clap:clap:clap :lol

Back