Welcome to SideshowCollectors.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Mmm shiny!
    Feedback
    89 (100%)
    Default Re: Scottyb AKA (yourmaster) Customs/wip

I heard to avoid lots of bubbles pour it really slowly.

For filling holes in sculpts etc i just use milliputt. Put it on then water it down so its smooths on like paste. After a few hours just sand any excess off.

2. Collectibles Direct UK-300x250 Entertainment Earth 250x250-NFL
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonbob View Post
    I heard to avoid lots of bubbles pour it really slowly.

For filling holes in sculpts etc i just use milliputt. Put it on then water it down so its smooths on like paste. After a few hours just sand any excess off.
    Thanks for the tip crim! An yea i poured it as slow as could be.

casting # 2 came out almost perfect. With out a vacuum chamber im not sure it can get any better. ( Im replicating these heads for painting practice not for resale in case anyone is wondering)

Mmm shiny!
    Feedback
    89 (100%)
    nice pours man they look to be bubble free...nice.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    44 (100%)

U know Steve im not sure. I Got it from ebay. The sculpt unpainted seems quite good but i did not nail the likeness when i painted it. The seller could not show me a finished pic before i bought it witch i thought was odd. We will see how it turns out after the next few attempts to paint it.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/300536272797?...ht_3155wt_1396

Super Freak
    Feedback
    5 (100%)
    I must to start with casting too=) Luke looks really fine!

Here is some WIP pics of the luke sculpt. Few things left to do like touch up his hair line and add in some dry brushing to the hair. Plus finish his eyes and some final blending/glaze to the eys and lips. Im not sure how i want to attack the eyes here. Im not exsacty sure witch way to point them ect. If anyone has any suggestion please let me know.

I Also received a much anticipated package from boba mike with some exceptional peaces i cant wait to start. Thanks mike!! ENy meany miny moe?

OK Folk's Id like to share some early WIP pictures of something i have been working on for a few weeks. A lot of the custom work here from the sw section has inspired me to get involved in this hobby. So im gona dive in head first and come up with something I think is original and high quality.

Hopefully if there is enough interest in this project i can convince my tailor to pull off a run and get some of this work into the hands of collectors. Im posting here in the sw section first to give u guy's all the first chance to see this and join the interest list. (If there is interest ?LOL) Before i take it to the main interest boards. This tailor i have a chance to work with would like to get into making 1/6 costumes and id like to be the one working with her.

Please keep in mind these are VERY EARLY pictures of the prototype! A bunch of the sewing is unfinished a lot will be changing. The material may change. I firstly will be personaly reworking the horn's/deformed head. And the bulkiness in the waist is temporary. Also I have a talent sculptor sculpting the necked head with face mask. Belt and gloves are temporary. Really sorry for the crappy pics my kids killed my camera these are from the tailors iphone.

Please PM me if u would like to join the interest list. I need at least 10 interested to get the tailor interested. I will reveal more details if we can get enough interest in this.

INTERESTED LIST:
    -Elijah (rebelscum)
    -J973 (rebelscum)
    --Levit05
    -LordAzrael
    -grievous66 (rebelscum)
    - mookeylama

DARTH Nihilus

Last edited by scottyb; 05-05-2012 at 12:04 PM.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Wow, really nice! Good choice of materials! And I'm looking forward on mask...

PS: Nice wife too

Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast