PICS OF FABRIC IN 1ST POST: Batman 1989 custom cape 1/6 scale interest

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman 1989 custom cape 1/6 scale interest

I hope you were able to nail this one, L. After owning so many customs and trying to make one myself I'm really curious to see what you've got.

I will need someone to send me the 89 hot toys cape for template. In return they will receive a free custom cape.

I'm in Ann Arbor, I should have my Batman next week and can send it to you ASAP. Let me know.

awesome... I had to order the material since the stores do not carry it anymore and so I guess this mole skin is very hard to come by. Once I get it in I will post pics. Sorry for the delay guys.

Here is pics of the fabric showing the color and texture. I cannot take any pics of the cape until I have the hot toys cape. So if someone would like to send me a hot toys 89 cape and in return I will make them a free custom cape and return their cape as well.
ea2419ca.jpg

177b43aa.jpg

caab2609.jpg

I would send you my cape, but like shipping is $20 to the U.S, so thats basically paying for a cape :lol

I know the cape will cost more than $20 but you know what i mean :wink1:

Lance, i am in for a couple (one for my brother)of the 89 custom capes.

That material looks familiar, L. Could you drape a piece over something and take a pic from a couple feet away. I'm curious to see how it'll look on a figure.

Kinda reminds me of a piece of brown cloth I got a while ago for my Lando Skiff Guard custom. It wasn't a faux leather like HT's cape but actual cloth with a print/texture that mimics the look of leather from a distance but not the feel. Very unusual stuff I thought.

Anyways, just curious if it was all cloth like that brown stuff I got or a faux leather.

I will post more pics next week as I am receiving a cape so I can make a cape. The material is a thin black mole skin.

I was going to purchase the figure but have since decided against it as I am just not happy with the deteriorating rubber issue.

I don't know if you have frequented the oil thread but there's a pretty damn good chance that there isn't an issue at all. I'm really leaning toward the idea that it was all a fluke. You got a vast majority of folks chiming in that they're not having problems and the ones that did, coming in stating that it ended up not being oil at all.

You might be missing out man. Prices will probably come down in the next few weeks, you might be able to snag one for a great price.

Anyway, I might be interested in your cape. I've been following this since the beginning and love your Begins capes. Good luck.

Back