DX09 KEATON BATMAN: residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly nam (and void), after getting this in hand i'm not too worried about any leaking issue. This is a very different rubber than used on the other problem figures. It almost feels like vinyl. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the few instances of oil like substance presented in this thread are not a rotting/break down scenario and i would recommend ordering it with full confidence to a friend.

Just had to throw that out there...

I'll +1 that with 200% confidence that this is rare fluke occasion, sad as it is for rorywan. :/

M.

Ayumiwill, please fix your gauntlets... I'm sure you were just taking a pic and not focusing on them, but they should always be lined up with the back of the hands, since in reality they are one full piece, not two parts like the figure.

I'm tired, so I apologize for being a ____.

M.

Jesus, take your OCD meds. :lol

I'll +1 that with 200% confidence that this is rare fluke occasion, sad as it is for rorywan. :/

M.

Again, it's fine and dandy and all, but it's way too soon to know anything. :huh

I appreciate that. But it's just too soon to tell anything right now. :huh

You guys will have plenty of time to get this at a decent price, take your time...just wanted to state my thought on the matter after having it in hand next to dx2 @ bbv2.

You guys will have plenty of time to get this at a decent price, take your time...just wanted to state my thought on the matter after having it in hand next to dx2 @ bbv2.

I hear ya. And again, should the price go up, I'm fully content on paying whatever it is, for the peace of mind. :lol

Ayumiwill, please fix your gauntlets... I'm sure you were just taking a pic and not focusing on them, but they should always be lined up with the back of the hands, since in reality they are one full piece, not two parts like the figure.

I'm tired, so I apologize for being a ____.

M.

It's alright, but thanks for pointing that out:). You are indeed observant. I didn't pay attention on the gauntlets when just taking the figure out of the box.

Just fixed them with turning:clap.

Still no oil...

Just lots of butter.

butter.gif

Maybe we should start an individual thread about everything? Just incase... We need to be sure. OCD sure. It could all come tumbling down at some point... It won't happen over night, but it will happen. The whole glass melting over time thing... :lol

After having for about a week, I checked again... there was a tiny little smear of the glue residue from where the magnet is on the belt, I wiped it down and then put some of the black paper back between where the magnet is on the belt and the suit.

His suit isn't even symmetrical in the film.

batman10.jpg

Just chill. Every figure is "off" and not perfect in some way. I found this out with the T-1000 when I bought 5 whole figures. There's always something a tad wrong. I just got my second Batman from CSC and the emblem had a few blemishes on it. I thought about getting all OCD or picking it but it's not even that bad.

Think of how mass produced and how many figures there are. The variations are endless.

As long as the suit isn't leaking, the PERS eyes aren't off, the true type body isn't broken and there aren't any major off putting blemishes on the body or the cowl, you're fine.

Here's the asymmetrical abs sculpt I mentioned earlier:
IMG_7586-1.jpg

IMG_7593-1.jpg

Received mine 10 hours ago and found no oils. I took off the paper wrap around the belt to make it contact directly on the suit. After coming back from school in 10 hours, I found a little gooey substance left on the suit. I believe it's from the glue behind the belt. Rorywan mentioned the oils still appear after taking the belt off. I respect what he said, but for my case I think it's from the belt.

Will try Maglors' method and will update here.
IMG_7595-1.jpg

Mine doesn't look that much asymmetrical, probably just a little bit off but negligible. I think it's fairly well-made. Plus, no leakage whatsoever.
IMG_0766.jpg

IMG_0761.jpg

Just chill. Every figure is "off" and not perfect in some way. I found this out with the T-1000 when I bought 5 whole figures. There's always something a tad wrong. I just got my second Batman from CSC and the emblem had a few blemishes on it. I thought about getting all OCD or picking it but it's not even that bad.

Think of how mass produced and how many figures there are. The variations are endless.

As long as the suit isn't leaking, the PERS eyes aren't off, the true type body isn't broken and there aren't any major off putting blemishes on the body or the cowl, you're fine.

QFT :exactly::goodpost:This

it's true. your figure has a lot of flaws. so does mine and so does every figure we own. Asymmetrical abs? There comes a point in time where you just have to realize it;s a mass produced product from Asia and get over it.

the oil though that's a real problem.

Back