DX09 KEATON BATMAN: residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah. It ____ing annoys me that this is even an issue.... AGAIN! :( I had high hopes of displaying Reeve next to Keaton too. But I'll be damned if I'm gonna spend even a penny on another leaky rubber figure. And buying it now, I know I'd be insufferable, checking it daily and just wondering when it's going to start. I'd much rather wind up paying double for a guarantee later on. I can justify that. :lol

I don't blame ya man. Mine had shipped about the time this all came up, I had a short window of time to consider what to do, and it closed on me before I made up my mind. We'll see if I pay the price or not. So far so good, but it's only been several days.

Here's the asymmetrical abs sculpt I mentioned earlier:
IMG_7586-1.jpg

You sure it's not off cause it's twisted a little to batmans left at the waist? That pic makes it look that way to me anyway, instead of anything in the casting.

No it's not twisted to the left. And how can it be twisted (do you own it)? The suit is a whole piece (like Medicom Batman), and it can not be separated at waist unless you cut it.

Sry if I turned the fire on, but I don't see anything wrong for asking about the abs. I do have the right to clarify caz I own the figure. Simple enough.

Don't think of me as a newbie. I may be new this forum, but I've collecting 1/6 since 08 (started from Appleseed). I was mostly active in HK's Toy-World forum until now I decide to post more stuff here. But from the past collecting experience I understand what you guys point out, such as being too obsessed with perfect QC:thud:.

Last edited:
No it's not twisted to the left. And how can it be twisted (do you own it)? The suit is a whole piece (like Medicom Batman), and it can not be separated at waist unless you cut it.

Sry if I turned the fire on, but I don't see anything wrong for asking about the abs. I do have the right to clarify caz I own the figure. Simple enough.

Don't think of me as a newbie. I may be new this forum but I've collecting 1/6 since 08. I was mostly active in HK's Toy-World forum until now I decide to post more stuff here. But yes from the past collecting experience I understand what you guys point out, such as being too obsessed with perfect QC:thud:.

Yes I do own it. I know it's one piece, but the waist still has some articulation. If the waist is twisted (the plastic figure inside the suit) it will distort the suit. Just a thought. You have it in hand, so only you can know for sure.

Yes I do own it. I know it's one piece, but the waist still has some articulation. If the waist is twisted (the plastic figure inside the suit) it will distort the suit. Just a thought. You have it in hand, so only you can know for sure.

Point taken:).

Picked mine up from the LCS this morning, opened it up and no issues with any oil from the belt-to-body. Interesting that HTs put a black plasticy paper around the waist between the belt and body. I removed the utility belt and noted a thin transparent plastic afixed to the belt between the magnet and where it would contact the body. The back of the head PERs separation is damn near invisible. and extends from between the bat ears down the entire rear of the HS. Seemless execution. Do the earlier releases (HK and first shipment) have a differing PERs access port?

Overall very happy with this purchase.

Can someone please post some pics of the back of the cowl/pers.

Mine sticks out like a sore thumb but apparently SS have opened some up and they are all the same. That's the 4 figure in a row from them with major defects.

To say I'm pissed is an understatement! They offered me a full refund only, No replacement/cowl. Thing is I'm in the UK and have already paid the tax so I can kiss bye bye to that.

Can someone please post some pics of the back of the cowl/pers.

Mine sticks out like a sore thumb but apparently SS have opened some up and they are all the same. That's the 4 figure in a row from them with major defects.

To say I'm pissed is an understatement! They offered me a full refund only, No replacement/cowl. Thing is I'm in the UK and have already paid the tax so I can kiss bye bye to that.

That is now SS stock answer.

Here's the asymmetrical abs sculpt I mentioned earlier:
IMG_7586-1.jpg

IMG_7593-1.jpg

It's a toy figure. Who cares.

For most, their wife is the most expensive thing they will ever buy. And their bewbs aren't even symmetric.

Move on and enjoy your toy Batman.

Oh and checked today, still no oil. :yess:

Opened mine up, no oil to be found under the black paper. I did however, feel some oil on my fingers from the tape on the back of the belt, or wetness or whatever. I'll take it off and glue in the magnet before I put him all together. I think that's the culprit here. Pers cover is seamless. The abs shift a little, but not really noticeable. All in all, good to go.

Got mine.

Completely oily. Abs shifted way over. PERS door doesn't line up. Cape is matte, not really textured too well. Belly is hard, tips belt forward. Ears are crooked. Face hard to remove. Are you still reading this bullsheeeeet.

Back