DX09 KEATON BATMAN: residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just checked mine when I got back after I saw the post/pics this morning. I checked thoroughly (under the cowl, the shoulders, the abs, under the belt).

First one I got back in January/February from the first Sideshow shipment, nothing. That's been 9 months.

Second and third I got from Cornerstorecomics. I think that was like March or something, those check out fine too (I did almost drop one of these on the floor head first when I was handling them. That would have pissed me off. :lol)

I "only" got three full MISB figures but I did get two extra bodies really cheap from Toy Anxiety and off of Ebay (one for Batmobile purposes, another for a back up). The Toy Anxiety one is fine. The one I got off ebay feels different compared to the other 4 bodies, the legs/thighs kind of feel, I dunno, wet. I mean they're not oozing, there's no residue but they feel like there's a hint of vaseline on them or something. It doesn't come off on your hands though and there's nothing visible. I thought that was a bit strange.

Other than that, they're all fine. I looked all over the place, even undid the belt on the three of them and found nothing.

Still waiting for the day where I see some secretion. Until then, these are literally the same figures I bought months and months ago. They even have the same "box fresh" smell. One is in a detolf with Joker, the other is in a acrylic case (sort of worried about air not circulating with it), one is waiting to stand along side the Batmobile and the extra bodies are in the box.

My collection room doesn't have any sunlight coming in and the temp is any where between 60 to 85ish. Not sure if that means anything though. I did check both my DX 02 Batman (DCD versions) that I bought from BBTS and they don't have any signs of leaking in the abs, waist, or biceps. I've been lucky there. How long has it been? 4 years, 3 years? Hopefully that day never comes.

Last edited:
tumblr_m85d8sM7ZK1qmht0l.gif

my 2 bats are fine ...false alarm you can close thread and stop panicking ha ha.......:lol

Here's my bats with his two sticky oily leaks, one on the chest, the other on his left thigh. As you can see, I haven't removed the paper under the belt.

dscn0758ei.jpg

dscn0766vk.jpg

Whatever that is, it doesn't look like it came from within the rubber. Not "leaks", he just has some **** on him that you need to wipe off.

Anybody worrying?

I'm not.

Nope. :)

Whatever that is, it doesn't look like it came from within the rubber. Not "leaks", he just has some **** on him that you need to wipe off.

The one at the chest, for all the world, looks like a small drip of some kind of sugared drink, cola or coffee or some such. The ones on his thigh look like definite directional drips that have run down and round his leg.

But they both look like something dripped onto him rather exuded from him.

Good grief! I really do watch too much CSI. :slap

Here's my bats with his two sticky oily leaks, one on the chest, the other on his left thigh. As you can see, I haven't removed the paper under the belt.

dscn0758ei.jpg

dscn0766vk.jpg

Maybe this is just his tears of happiness dripping on it when he opened it up. I normally just do a sex wee..... Well maybe just when I opened my tumbler up:horror

Yeah mines still sat in the box,I've got a display case coming from Germany but until it comes I cant do anything. Back to the future is one of my fav films of all time so when I heard the news early this year that hot toys were doing it, I promised myself and the other half that after buying everything bttf hot toys that would be it haha.

https://www.303products.com/shop303/index.cfm/category/1/303-aerospace-protectant.cfm

"303 Aerospace Protectant
303 is the leader in UV screening technology and 303 Aerospace Protectant really is like "SPF 40 Sunscreen ... For Your Stuff." Regular use of 303 Aerospace Protectant can reduce UV caused slow-fade by up to 100%. No other protectant beautifies as intensely, protects as powerfully or lasts as long.

The World's Most 'Manufacturer-Recommended' product: Because of its enduring cosmetic properties, resistance to dust, soiling, and staining, water repellency and unparalleled protective abilities, manufacturers worldwide recommend 303 Aerospace Protectant for countless uses:

Use on Rubber: Latex, Neoprene, EPDM Seals, weather-stripping, Wet/dry suits, rubber roofs, Vinyl, Hypalon, Urethane Vinyl awnings, clear vinyl, convertible tops, tonneaus, car bras, spa covers, pool covers, inflatable boats and so much more !"

I use this stuff all the time. Works like magic.

hi guys, think this is somewhat the proper thread for my problem.

Today i dug out an old Catwoman Selina Kyle Body i bought a year ago, or so. I stored it in bubble wrap in a carboard box away from light and heat etc. It seems the plastic / rubber underlay in the chest area dissolves. The chest was oily and this stuff appeard under the hard rubber chest.
Unfortunatly i removed some of the oil before i took the pics. But you can still see some of it on the body and the shoulders!

Did somebody ever have a problem like this before? I had a third party head sculpt once start to oil out on the face! I think it was from DiD.

Should i still use the body for a kitbash? i'm a bit concerned to ruin any clothes i put on the body and also i think this could be "contagious" to other figures maybe ... ? I live in an area that is climatically normal / stable. No extreme heat, humidity or dry and hot, etc.

Any suggestions welcome. ^_^

20210222_135748.jpg
20210222_135729.jpg
20210222_135804.jpg
20210222_135813.jpg
20210222_135816.jpg
20210222_135826.jpg
20210222_135829.jpg
20210222_135853.jpg
20210222_135856.jpg
20210222_140008.jpg

Back