Michael Bay's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh mickey :rotfl:rotfl I love this so much.

the cGI looks amazing, so good they could make a live action shrek movie now :lol

oh mickey :rotfl:rotfl I love this so much.

the cGI looks amazing, so good they could make a live action shrek movie now :lol

maxresdefault.jpg

This **** still/again?? :lol

Spoiler Spoiler:
It looks like a surprisingly fun film. Im game.

It's garning pretty darn positive reviews from those who have seen it. It's not going over too well with some die-hards due to some origin tampering.

Plot Spoilers -

Spoiler Spoiler:

edit -

New featurette!

Last edited:
The part about the "plot being light" made me laugh. This is a Bay production after all. :lol

I only mentioned that because apparently some wanted this to be Batman Begins. But it's just a very straight forward action comedy that doesn't dwell on the plot points.

One thing I liked when I read, was that the action scenes are all very well choreographed and coherent. Splinter being a standout as well.

I saw this new TV spot and I thought it was funny how at the end of the preview, Leonardo makes the same scared/teeth face he made in the 1990 movie fighting against Shredder, in a very similar situation as in the 1990 film, as Shredder is about to "kill" Leonardo. Coincidence? I think not. :lol

I hope to see Casey Jones,RockSteady,Be-bop,Leatherhead,Baxter Stockman,Ace Duck and General Traggs and his Army in the sequel

It seems their personalities are great, I can't see how even fans could dislike that part of the teasers. :dunno

Exactly. Personalities seem dead on. And that is the most important thing. I love the ninja turtles, but the orgin stuff isn't as important to me. Like shredder and splinter orgin isn't dear to might heart. Quite ridiculous actually. Besides a rivalry, the only reason I see it being a plot point is to give the turtles a reason of knowing kung-fu/ninjutsu. I wonder how they learn to fight in the movie?

I love the ninja turtles, but the orgin stuff isn't as important to me. Like shredder and splinter orgin isn't dear to might heart. Quite ridiculous actually. Besides a rivalry, the only reason I see it being a plot point is to give the turtles a reason of knowing kung-fu/ninjutsu. I wonder how they learn to fight in the movie?

That's because you aren't a fan and don't know what you're talking about.

Shredder murdering Splinter's wife and baby is why they have such a personal rivalry. It is like completely removing the family aspect of Star Wars and making Darth Vader a straight up robot who hunts Jedi. Welp, that's trash. It also explains his want to adopt and raise the turtles in the absence of his dead family. Now he does it "just cuz bruh."

You also clearly don't watch the Nick Turtles. They made the origin crazy dark but everything else is still light. They also worked in a plot where Karai turns out to be Yoshi's baby daughter who survived and Shredder raised as his own to fight against Splinter. It is without a doubt, the most powerful TMNT related stuff out there. Her learning of the betrayal is pure gold. This franchise, if it becomes that, will never have an iota of that heart and soul.

That's because you aren't a fan and don't know what you're talking about.

:goodpost:

Loud noises and Bay explosions have that effect on the average movie fan. It's the reason why this movie will probably make a lot of money at the box office yet what we'll be left with is an average film that won't have a lasting legacy.

Back