Michael Bay's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People confuse that term with the look instead of using it to describe the tone. And no... this is not going to be dark and gritty. lol

New promo video.

Last edited:
went to see a film over the weekend, and they had the huge life-size cardboard standees of the turtles there.. i spent a great deal of time just look at them, and taking in the designs... and i gotta say, i just feel like they were WAAAAAAAAAY over-designed.

Mikey looks cool.. LOVe the surfer Tats, the kakui nut and shell necklaces... but the sweatshirt and pants just look.... off... Leo looks more samurai than ninja. Cut back his armor, go more minimalist. Shin and instep, wrist and forearm armor only... Donatello.... looks like he's ready to bust some ghosts, not fight the foot. cut him back to about a 3rd of the gear, possibly give him some sort of a utility belt or a tool belt.

Raph dosn't look so bad.

Tie-in site.

https://www.legendoftheyokai.com

Long before the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles captured the hearts of people around the world, there were the Kappa Yokai, mythical creatures summoned by the spirits of honour, wisdom, courage and brotherhood. The Legend of the Yokai is an exhibition of global artists, featuring pieces inspired by these principles and the four heroes that embody them.

Lots of cool artwork.

went to see a film over the weekend, and they had the huge life-size cardboard standees of the turtles there.. i spent a great deal of time just look at them, and taking in the designs... and i gotta say, i just feel like they were WAAAAAAAAAY over-designed.
Yep - junkyard shrek hulks. :monkey1

Tie-in site.

https://www.legendoftheyokai.com

Lots of cool artwork.

Love Leo by Jed Henry...

hum4nr.jpg

And absolutely love "Wisdom" by Jorge Coelho :rock thanks for sharing :duff:

250uxee.jpg

Yep - junkyard shrek hulks. :monkey1

:lol I actually like the sound of that.

I don't think they're over designed, that would imply that what they're wearing has no aesthetic or practical function.

Hell no. :lol

The comic art's done a nice job of ignoring all the **** things about the movie ones; like fixing up their faces, & de-emphasizing the $2 shop crap that's hanging all over them. :lol

The composition of that poster is horrible. It looks like four individual turtles overlapping each other rather than a group of four.

Agreed. Lighting is different on all of them too Not diggin' it. Leo looks like a hodge-podge of his individual snow poster, with a better face (rooftop scene).

Some boardies on Technodrome did up some throwback posters. One did a comics based one and another did the 90's teaser poster with the new Turtles on them. I should dig them up and post them here. WAY better then that one.

Agreed. Lighting is different on all of them too Not diggin' it. Leo looks like a hodge-podge of his individual snow poster, with a better face (rooftop scene).

Some boardies on Technodrome did up some throwback posters. One did a comics based one and another did the 90's teaser poster with the new Turtles on them. I should dig them up and post them here. WAY better then that one.

I thought there would have been a lot more high quality posters and promotional art of the turtles themselves. You usually get that with character/group based movies. Just look at all the Guardians of the Galaxy stuff being released on a daily basis.

The dude on here that did the landscape portrait of the new designs should have his art on that site. Forget his name :(

Hell no. :lol

The comic art's done a nice job of ignoring all the **** things about the movie ones; like fixing up their faces, & de-emphasizing the $2 shop crap that's hanging all over them. :lol

Hell naw! :lol

The face in the Leo one is exactly like the CG one, and the group art has even meaner faces than the CG ones.

The only people emphasizing too much on the **** hanging all over them are the naysayers :lol that stuff hanging all over them looks beyond natural.

Back