Welcome to SideshowCollectors.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search

View Poll Results: Do you think a Customer should know the Edition Size in the moment he place an order?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!The Customer has the right to know the E.Size in the moment he place the order

78 67.83%
  • NO!I dont care if of the piece I am ordering, they will produce 500,1500 pcs. or will be an Open Ed.

37 32.17%
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Default What do you think about SIDESHOW hiding the Edition Size until the release ??

In the beginning Sideshow shown the Edition Size of any of their products since the DAY we could preorder it.

Lately, they decided to HIDE with a TDB (To Be Determined) the number of pieces they will produce of each product until almost the release date.

What do you think about it?

Do you think that the Edition Size integrant part of the value of a Statue so you should know it in the moment you preorder it (and pay a deposit),
    or is something that doesnīt concern you?

2. Collectibles Direct UK-300x250 Collectibles Direct UK-300x250 Collectibles Direct UK-300x250
    Super Freak
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    You need more options. I don't mind them not disclosing the ES at pre-order but that doesn't mean I support open ES.

Quote Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
    You need more options. I don't mind them not disclosing the ES at pre-order but that doesn't mean I support open ES.
    No,
    we donīt need more option,
    because in the moment you place an order you see the TBD only.

You can have the bitter surprise is an Open edition like the case of Stormtrooper PF or LIFE-SIZE Darth Vader bust..... sadly only after you bought it.

Do you think this Section is more appropriate than the "marvel" section for this kind of poll?

Quote Originally Posted by The_8TH_Wonder View Post
    No,
    Doesn't sound like someone is open to constructive criticism regarding their poll

As far as I've been aware an ES is set before the items ship... now you may have put down a deposit before then, but then it comes down to whether you want a piece regardless of ES, or want to wait it out.

Other pieces that were intended to be Open seem to have been labeled as a "limited edition" from the get-go; like the Darth Vader 1:1 non-exclusive bust.

As for the impact of the TBD; it seems like in general this is leading to lower ES than in the past and secondary market prices seem to be more stable. I'm just speaking mostly of their 1/6 Star Wars offerings... but recent ones seem to consistenly sell at or above retail where older releases with set ES were too high and you might get back 50% of your investment if you sold.

Quote Originally Posted by galactiboy View Post
    Doesn't sound like someone is open to constructive criticism regarding their poll
    I cant add more options to the poll once it is opened

Just a little freaky
    Feedback
    I don't mind a TBD edition size but I don't care for an open edition.

I buy what I like and I have never sold any of my SS pieces. So changes in their value is not a huge issue. However, in my opinion, open editions are not worth as much as a limited editions. As such if a piece is going to be an open edition it should be stated and the price should reflex that fact.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_8TH_Wonder View Post
    No,

You can have the bitter surprise is an Open edition like the case of Stormtrooper PF or LIFE-SIZE Darth Vader bust..... sadly only after you bought it.

Do you think this Section is more appropriate than the "marvel" section for this kind of poll?
    Then I'm not gonna vote in your stupid poll

Considering these are supposed to be collectibles, i really really prefer to know how collectible it is before i spend my hard earned money on it, otherwise i just feel like im buying a very expensive "possible" collectible.

Absolutely, the buyer has the right to know the edition size! The edition size is an indication of how rare the piece will be which is an indication of its market value as a collectible. If you are a buyer of a house or a car, wouldn't you want to know the market value prior to purchasing? This is a no-brainer, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
    Then I'm not gonna vote in your stupid poll
    Why do you have to offend someone only because you donīt like his poll?
    If you donīt like a thread, isnīt easier just avoid it and post somewhere else?