Article: Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City -1/6 Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City - Batman Collectible Figure TEASED for SD

I can't believe anyone expected something other than a rubber suit, lol.

Can't wait to see Joker!

Re: Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City - Batman Collectible Figure TEASED for SD

Looks great....will definitely preorder this one! Also hope the rubber suit will not deteriorate

sdcc2014-hot-toys-booth-82.jpg

sdcc2014-hot-toys-booth-83.jpg

sdcc2014-hot-toys-booth-84.jpg

sdcc2014-hot-toys-booth-85.jpg

sdcc2014-hot-toys-booth-86.jpg

sdcc2014-hot-toys-booth-87.jpg

sdcc2014-hot-toys-booth-88.jpg

Officially my most wanted Hot Toy. That is AMAZING

When do we think this guy will go up for preorder?

Maybe sometime next month.

Looks pretty good to me, but like others, the apparent rubber body is worrisome, then again I'm sure Batman Returns has rubber parts too, but since DX09 was issue free for the most part i'm not worried as much.

Well get a Joker for sure if they make him.

Yeah, that still looks bad now that I've slept on it. Rubber panties….for real?

I hope they improve the suit, it looks too saggy, bloated. It does not look like a form fitted high tech suit. And those briefs look really bad, should of went with a pleather like material like the cape except without the texture.

Looks more durable than the previous Batmen's suits. If I would say right now before getting it, I don't think it will crack or anything. Did anyone have problems with the MOS Superman? Since this looks like the same material.

I think this material is very different from the MoS Superman. MoS has fabric costume with rubbery pattern printed on it. This one has no fabric at all.

The MOS figure's suit looked pretty good and this one should have been similar to that.Thin and still looks somewhat like thin Rubber.

Oh wow, this looks not only more durable thank past Hot Toys Batman releases but he also looks more poseable. Yes he looks baggy but that is probably due to needing the extra material to make him more flexible. I am very excited. Plus they added that extra ball joint at the head-to-neck connection. They have done it right.

I wonder what accessories he'll come with, besides the 2 shown.

I'm actually less impressed with this the more I see of it. Maybe it's just bad futzing, though.

I think the body and head sculpts or amazing. Really, look at that face, that's Batman from the games. They nailed it, expression and all.

The rubber suit ain't doing it for me though, sad to say. Not the fact that it's made out of rubber mind you (though that is a concern with every Batman figure), but just the look of it. It looks like the cellulite on a 50 year old Kim Kardashian booty. The folds, creases and bubbly hollow sections just look crappy to me.

Also the rubber panties, don't like em. The Hot Toys Keaton and Bale suits could get away with all rubber suits, but I don't think this one can. I'd really fear those black panties chemically reacting with the grey rubber and belt. You can already see the black paint peeling away from the emblem symbol on the rubber suit.

Well, Tony Meis could offer some replacement cape and undie sets in this scenario. Personally, I love the figure, but I really hope we see official pics soon, and/or more of him at Ani-Com, because whoever chose the pose at SDCC did a terrible job. It's so awkward looking.

Well, Tony Meis could offer some replacement cape and undie sets in this scenario. Personally, I love the figure, but I really hope we see official pics soon, and/or more of him at Ani-Com, because whoever chose the pose at SDCC did a terrible job. It's so awkward looking.
Posing for these conventions are usually not always appealing. Like you said, slap a Tony Meis cape and maybe one of his custom undies and it'll be even better.

Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City - Batman Collectible Figure TEASED fo...

Why depend on custom this, custom that, though?

Idk about you all, but paying an extra $65-75 each time a batman figure comes out gets tiring....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back