Article: Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City -1/6 Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City - Batman Collectible Figure TEASED for SD

Not liking a figure because of how it accurately captured the source material? :lol that's a first. I understand you say you never cared for the design, just found your statement funny.

I think some people weren't expecting it to be so accurate. I could understand how some might think HT were going to put their own spin on it, though, when you see stuff like Ezio, where they favored realism over accuracy.

This post doesn't make any sense. If you never liked Batman's design in AC, then you shouldn't have been even mildly interested in this figure to begin with :lol.

I think some of you guys need to head back to the DC boards.
:lol I'm glad you guys are happy with it. All of his cool gadgets and gizmos from the game is what made this figure most compelling to me, and yes I was kind of hoping they'd put a realistic spin on it. They did a great job of capturing the character from the game, but unfortunately as a result I just don't see it fitting in my collection of movie masterpiece figures - where realism is king. I could see him fitting in very well amongst a collection of the more comic book-style Sideshow statues and PFF's, though.

In the teaser image, with the way it's cropped it could have almost been a more realistic version of him. It's when you see the remainder of his head and his body in its entirety that it looks like a video game/comic book interpretation of the character.

attachment.php

Re: Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City - Batman Collectible Figure TEASED for SD

:lol I'm glad you guys are happy with it. All of his cool gadgets and gizmos from the game is what made this figure most compelling to me, and yes I was kind of hoping they'd put a realistic spin on it. They did a great job of capturing the character from the game, but unfortunately as a result I just don't see it fitting in my collection of movie masterpiece figures - where realism is king. I could see him fitting in very well amongst a collection of the more comic book-style Sideshow statues and PFF's, though.

In the teaser image, with the way it's cropped it could have almost been a more realistic version of him. It's when you see the remainder of his head and his body in its entirety that it looks like a video game/comic book interpretation of the character.

attachment.php

Kind of like the Naked Snake MGS 3 figure from Hot Toys? That makes sense, sometimes the video game models do look ridiculous. I think the figure looks pretty perfect though, my only little nitpick is his head seems a bit long, but hopefully thats just from distorted pictures.

I'm hoping that this does well enough for Hot Toys to make a origins version. It would make a much, much better figure. No rubber needed, just fabric and plastic.

Kind of like the Naked Snake MGS 3 figure from Hot Toys? That makes sense, sometimes the video game models do look ridiculous. I think the figure looks pretty perfect though, my only little nitpick is his head seems a bit long, but hopefully thats just from distorted pictures.

Naked Snake is fine how he is, if you remove the memory of what he actually looked like within the game and you compare it to the true source material of his face. Still baffles me why they chose a one off face as the source.

Guess I am one of the few that thinks this figure is awesome. ****, hope it sells well. I'd hate for this to be the first and last figure in the Arkham series

:lecture Me too. Call me crazy, but I'd like a Joker, Two Face, Scarecrow, and Batman & Deathstroke from Origins.

WE GET IT!
We need to put a mod in here to get people to shut up about that...

On the note of Naked Snake, I don't get why they used the 3DS (the one off) sculpt either. :dunno: The Boss clearly suffers for it though. I think we don't need to worry about Hot Toys using an inferior/different sculpt (like the Wii U one) for this, though I wonder if they would consider doing the Armored Edition suit.

This figure looks amazing, despite rubber suit concerns it's been one of my most wanted figure for years and I'll get it.

The only problem i see is it looks like they tried to bulk him up like the game but the base body they are using doesn't quite fill out the suit. Wonder if it's just a normal padded out HT body. Hopefully this was just lazily padded out and the production ones with fill out the suit better.

Looks better in the teaser pick than on the display (the suit to body ratio that is)

This is the only HT reveal from Comic Con that I will most likely buy. He looked so bad ass in person. Favorite HT piece on display for sure.

I may get Starlord, Groot and Rocket Racoon depending if Guardians is really good. Their whole set up was bad ass and they looked great too.

I'm curious too as to how HT did the body. Did they create a new one just for him or pad the hell out of it? Is the rubber suit just thicker and molded to look bulkier? I don't know.

Batman's body proportions in the games have been weird as hell. If he didn't have a mask, his facial structure would be all ****ed up. His body also looks like it's suffering from some kind of weird deformities.

But what Hot Toys did here is accurate to the source so you can't blame them. I think the sculpt, while humanely impossible, is brilliant. They perfectly translated the game model.

Lub dos pics of Beatman Arkham Chidday.

Is the bat logo supposed to be the same dimples texture as the grey area of the suit?

Yup.

319845.jpg

It does kind of look that way, now that you mention it. But, I hope it's just the camera angle.

As do I.

Only complaint (worry, more than anything) at this moment for me is all dat rubber.. Hope it's just me overreacting.

Yeah, you're just overreacting. HT have a great history with rubber. :lol

I was searching for photos and rememembered about a dude who made the suit in real life.
AA_ACWhite.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back