Article: Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City -1/6 Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City - Batman Collectible Figure TEASED for SD

Why is the wait always the hardest when the reveal's only a few days away?:lol

Re: Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City - Batman Collectible Figure TEASED for SD

Man, finally thread title was updated. I though I'll never see the day. :lol

I'm curious if Joker will have two heads (diseased and regular).

That is my hope. Considering this is an Arkham City license, it should at least be diseased, but I would think they'd want a regular one as that one would be the better choice selling to non-game fans. So do hope he has both. I'm looking most forward to the diseased look though since it would be quite a detailed sculpt.

The two important events where all the pictures and reveals will be coming from are:

Jul 24 – 27 (United States): San Diego Comic-Con
July 25 – 29 (Hong Kong): Ani-Com & Games

There is a big problem there. There is some overlaps. That means HT could either be splitting what figures are on display at each show or they might just shaft SDCC all together. SDCC isn't their priority, its the Asian cons. I mean they don't even have their own booth at SDCC. They piggyback on Sideshow's. I didn't know Ani-com was at the same time (very stupid of them IMO as all of the foucs of the media this week will be on SDCC). That could really change what may or may not be at SDCC.

If HT was smart, they'd have the Guardians of the Galaxy (especially with SS being so close to Marvel's booth) and any Batman/Arkham figures (since they are literally next to DC's booth). Those will appeal most to the SDCC crowd.

They might have two prototypes. Didn't they have two DX11s at one of the events to showcase each head sculpt?

That is my hope. Considering this is an Arkham City license, it should at least be diseased, but I would think they'd want a regular one as that one would be the better choice selling to non-game fans. So do hope he has both. I'm looking most forward to the diseased look though since it would be quite a detailed sculpt.

There is a big problem there. There is some overlaps. That means HT could either be splitting what figures are on display at each show or they might just shaft SDCC all together. SDCC isn't their priority, its the Asian cons. I mean they don't even have their own booth at SDCC. They piggyback on Sideshow's. I didn't know Ani-com was at the same time (very stupid of them IMO as all of the foucs of the media this week will be on SDCC). That could really change what may or may not be at SDCC.

If HT was smart, they'd have the Guardians of the Galaxy (especially with SS being so close to Marvel's booth) and any Batman/Arkham figures (since they are literally next to DC's booth). Those will appeal most to the SDCC crowd.

To be fair, it really doesn't matter where they have them. The time difference means that, if they're unveiled at Ani-Com, we'll probably have to wait three hours longer, tops, than if they were at SDCC.

Yeah it's better for us that they overlap. I think we'll see this at comic con though.

It's awesome how this thread doesn't suck anymore. I actually thought I was dreaming, but it turned out to be real :lol.

It's surreal. HT are pleasing so many with their announcements so far. I expect them to tease BTTF and Ripley in the next two days.

It's surreal. HT are pleasing so many with their announcements so far. I expect them to tease BTTF and Ripley in the next two days.

Really? Aside from this I don't see any long wanted announcement finally coming to fruition

This announcement also gives me hope on Prometheus.

This announcement also gives me hope on Prometheus.

If we get figures from that license it will be one and done type of deal.

No doubt will Hot Toys produce a Joker. They know it would sell based on the character, same with Batman. They're both big money makers. This look incredible though...and I don't think it's fair to complain about the rubber just yet for all we know it may have taken Hot Toys so long to release this because they've been looking for a decent rubber that doesn't crack or degrade over time. And it may not even be rubber, it certainly looks like it, but nobody can be certain just yet.

This looks great!

Really? Aside from this I don't see any long wanted announcement finally coming to fruition

Keep up for God's sake. There was an article posted the other day that said BTTF and Alien would be at the shows.

I would rather have a regular Joker head over diseased, but at this point, I'll take whatever I can get!

Yeah I wouldn't want a sick Joker either.

hopefully they provide both

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back