Article: Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City -1/6 Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City - Batman Collectible Figure TEASED for SD

I don't even think the cape on this looks that bad at all. I actually like it quite a bit.

You wanna see a bad cape? Buy the Toy Fairs 2011 Begins Batman. That ****ing thing is awful. :lol

Re: Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City - Batman Collectible Figure TEASED for SD

This just screams cracking rubber to me, I have mixed feelings about this release. Is it wearing a rubber suit? or is it a body that is entirely made of rubber? I just cannot see this thing standing the test of time. I will consider ordering if I know the rubber is not a huge concern.

Re: Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City - Batman Collectible Figure TEASED fo...

Why depend on custom this, custom that, though?

Idk about you all, but paying an extra $65-75 each time a batman figure comes out gets tiring....
Eh it's become the nature of the hobby. They will never produce perfect figures and one shouldn't expect them too. But because of that, custom options will always be out there. You either don't buy the figure, buy the figure and like it stock or buy it and customize it even further.

Of course people don't want to have to pay extra to get it right but with Hot Toys you can't really always expect them to change it for the final product.

It is kind of puzzling to me why they did the briefs that way, though. I always thought they looked like the same material as the cape, in the game.

I'm actually less impressed with this the more I see of it. Maybe it's just bad futzing, though.

It’s probably because we got hit with awesome figure, after awesome figure in less than 24 hours. This looks great, nothing really wrong with it from what I can tell, but looking at this doesn’t quite tickle my fancy like BR Keaton, Marty Mcfly, and Ripley do.

The cape does seem off to me. I like everything else.

I was hoping to use this as the comic representation of Batman in my collection because I wasn't really into the SS version. Now that I've seen this though and the changes made to the SS Batman, I'm torn. I'm not a huge fan of the look of the rubber suit here, and I'm not sure Hot Toy's QC is up to snuff lately. Plus, I think I can depend on SS a bit more to make other characters. Now that the neck and body are fixed on the SS, it looks really good, so I may have to pass on this one.

He just looks too big and since there's no actor likeness I think it's a pass, rubber issues aside. I like the arkham knight and a 1/4 Neca figure of that would be cheaper

It’s probably because we got hit with awesome figure, after awesome figure in less than 24 hours. This looks great, nothing really wrong with it from what I can tell, but looking at this doesn’t quite tickle my fancy like BR Keaton, Marty Mcfly, and Ripley do.
I don't know that I would ever be too excited with that crappy looking suit. Fabio's comments seem to echo my own thoughts. Head looks really good. Cape looks OK. Suit and undies look cheap and weird. But, less money to spend, so yay for that.

So much rubber, but I'll take it! Everything looks great, from the cowl to the textures on the suit. Plus, the Arkham games are practically in the Animated universe. So, this is the closest 1/6 scale Animated Batman figure that we'll ever see from Hot Toys.

Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City - Batman Collectible Figure TEASED fo...

I agree I think overall he looks great, aesthetically the figure is borderline perfect in my eyes (cape could be better), I just hope the suit is durable.

Last edited:

I'm not really bothered about the suit although it blatantly could be better fitted and material.

I'll pose him in a museum pose most likely anyway. It's the rubber nappy that's killing me, hopefully they just need pulling up a bit or get changed altogether

Waited a long time, so far this looks like a must have for me. If the Neca was 1/6 I would have got it & saved some $$$. Gotta start saving my lunch money!

At its current state, its not a must have for me. I do hope it improves a lot better before the release.

I'll reserve judgment on the suit for now. It does worry me a bit, but not enough at this point to outright say I'm not ordering this. I'm still on the fence. I wish his gauntlets were a little bigger. But, that headsculpt is spot on. :clap

I'm not a fan of rubber suits (even though I own a lot of rubber :naughty). But, this will be bought, no questions asked.

On the fence about this it looks great not sure about it honestly love the games but I lost interest in it if that makes sense.

On the fence about this it looks great not sure about it honestly love the games but I lost interest in it if that makes sense.

Hopefully Arkham Knight reignites your excitement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to see what the cowl head, belt, gauntlets/gloves and boots look like on this,

sdcc2014_sideshow_123.jpg

For years, I've been holding off ALL the Arkham figures for this. I was just not inclined to get something smaller like the Play Arts of DC figures despite their outstanding quality and nearly getting them so many times. This is day one purchase for me.

I'm not worried about the rubber either, going by the DX09's outstanding durability that is. If I had to nitpick, is those rubber briefs and cape material that seems straight cut out from the DX09.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back