Article: Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City -1/6 Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City - Batman Collectible Figure TEASED for SD

I'm in the process of cancelling a few things, so that i can make room in the budget. I have already let Winter Soldier and Amazing Spider-Man 2 go. So I think I may be good to go for both, especially if i use all my reward points on one of these in order to bring it down a bit. But I want both. I am a Batman whore(according to my wife), so I can't let these slide by. I am trying not to even look at the SSC Batman, cause I don't want to be tempted.
I am a Batwhore too! Only played with Batman and Wolverine figs when I was a kid. Though for some reason, I'm not really into the Nolan Batman figs. More towards the BTAS, comics and games. PAK Variants with Steampunk, Samurai, Spartan, Cowboy, and Tetsuya Batman are definite purchases for me.

Re: Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City - Batman Collectible Figure TEASED for SD

I am a Batwhore too! Only played with Batman and Wolverine figs when I was a kid. Though for some reason, I'm not really into the Nolan Batman figs. More towards the BTAS, comics and games. PAK Variants with Steampunk, Samurai, Spartan, Cowboy, and Tetsuya Batman are definite purchases for me.

Someone did a Samurai Batman???

Of course!

g92622aba.jpg

Legends of Batman was definitely my favorite figure line for Batman. Viking Batman is uber cool too. Hahaha. Now that PAK are making their own variants of those as well. Check the Play Arts Kai thread. Now theres this Arkham Bats. Woohoo!

If that combination were possible, I'd buy it. I'd get a blue and grey Neal Adams/Aparo style 70s version too. The rubber suit on the Hot Toys figure isn't doing any thing for me, but I love the headsculpt. Likewise, the Sideshow suit is fantastic but I don't like the headsculpt. Go figure. :lol

Neal Adams Batman.jpg

I actually prefer the rubber to the cloth. Never been a fan of cloth. I think it's hard to pull off well on a figure.

So, what are the odds where this winds up being an 89 scenario, where Joker is revealed and put up for PO at the same time as Batman?

If that combination were possible, I'd buy it. I'd get a blue and grey Neal Adams/Aparo style 70s version too. The rubber suit on the Hot Toys figure isn't doing any thing for me, but I love the headsculpt. Likewise, the Sideshow suit is fantastic but I don't like the headsculpt. Go figure. :lol

View attachment 122903

Reminds me of this:

batman-arkham-city-70s-batman-preorder-bonus1.jpg

Also, DiFabio, I think the reason it looks somewhat awkward is that it retains the Arkham proportions on a regular body. I don't know if it's too far out, but could you try shortening the ears, and maybe trimming the top of the head, a bit?

Also, DiFabio, I think the reason it looks somewhat awkward is that it retains the Arkham proportions on a regular body. I don't know if it's too far out, but could you try shortening the ears, and maybe trimming the top of the head, a bit?

arkhamnew.jpg
Arkhamnew2.jpg

That is beautiful.:drool You nailed it, with those little alterations. Well done, sir.:clap

Wow nice mock up. I would buy that black and grey version in a heartbeat.

I would also grab that black/grey version. Looks great!

I also hope Joker is shown soon.

I wish I haz photoshop skillz just to troll people with releases hahaha. But damn that black and grey bats would definitely be insta-po for me too. Awesome!

It's not a good sign for a figure where fans are shopping the prototype into something they want to see.

But nobody on this forum is ever satisfied with anything.

Im satisfied...I really love batman in any form. So most people is kind of bashing arkham batman but I love it. And I think even though the suit is rubber it will hold up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back