Article: Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City -1/6 Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City - Batman Collectible Figure TEASED for SD

Not liking a figure because of how it accurately captured the source material? :lol that's a first. I understand you say you never cared for the design, just found your statement funny.

I think some people weren't expecting it to be so accurate. I could understand how some might think HT were going to put their own spin on it, though, when you see stuff like Ezio, where they favored realism over accuracy.

Re: Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City - Batman Collectible Figure TEASED for SD

To the naysayers, do boot up the game and do some side by side comparison with the photos. I was somewhat doubtful of the figure after the con reveal, but looking back he's amazingly screen accurate even down to the wrinkly briefs. I rarely defend Hot Toys but in this case it seems they did their homework.

Saw this in person at comic con.....amazing shelf presence!!
This thing just exudes power! I was really excited for the kotobukiya and thought that was great, but after seeing this one in San Diego, I literally forgot about artfx+'s version....then I remembered they had theirs was on display too, so I checked theirs out, but it was a bit like having a bite of chocolate after eating a sugar cube, it wasn't as sweet....

I was impressed by Hot Toys AC batman rendering. And I also hope they keep this line going...
bring on arkham origins batman,
arkham knight,
Arkham Asylum joker,
Arkham city Harley,
Arkham asylum batmobile!

I agree that hot toys nailed the likeness. My opinion is that the likeness itself looks silly, it looked silly in the game but that was a game. As a figure, it simply doesn't work. People who like the design will buy it but I really don't think a lot of people are gonna put down $200+ for this because it carries no actor likeness and looks odd. I do hope that people but it though because I want them to make arkham knight which looks a little more realistic

I agree that hot toys nailed the likeness. My opinion is that the likeness itself looks silly, it looked silly in the game but that was a game. As a figure, it simply doesn't work. People who like the design will buy it but I really don't think a lot of people are gonna put down $200+ for this because it carries no actor likeness and looks odd. I do hope that people but it though because I want them to make arkham knight which looks a little more realistic

I respect your opinion; your opinion = NUTS

I initially didn't like the roided up look when the game was previewed in 2008/early 09 but after playing it I loved it. It makes sense that the Arkham Bats would be HUGE, he's intimidating, almost always fighting and constantly on on his toes during the night of the Asylum breakout and was ready for more when the game ended. It just seemed that if there is one man who would be at the peak physical condition, always ready for anything, this is how he would look like.

It's rare we get a screen accurate representation of videogame characters and this is much welcomed.

For me, it's not about how Batman looks but rather how he looks when juxtaposed to the world he inhabits. This is why the Arkham Bats is some of my favorite designs along with BTAS, Keaton, and Kelley Jones Bats.

I was really excited to see this after the teaser, but now with the reveal I'm no longer interested. Hot Toys did too good of a job capturing the game model's ridiculous proportions, which I've never much cared for. Now I'm wishing they'd just passed on this one after all this time and done the Arkham Knight version instead.

This post doesn't make any sense. If you never liked Batman's design in AC, then you shouldn't have been even mildly interested in this figure to begin with :lol.

I think some of you guys need to head back to the DC boards.

This post doesn't make any sense. If you never liked Batman's design in AC, then you shouldn't have been even mildly interested in this figure to begin with :lol.

There are many iterations of Bats by HT to go around. Let us videogame nerds have our screen-accurate figure for once.

There are many iterations of Bats by HT to go around. Let us videogame nerds have our screen-accurate figure for once.

This is, by far, the most screen-accurate Batman figure that we've ever been graced with since the 89 Keaton figure from 2012 (judging from the promo pics, of course). So, it's absolutely astonishing that some folks here are now clamoring for a less accurate figure :lol. I've never seen something like that before, in all my years on SSF.

The entitlement mentality of Hot Toys collectors have reached an all-time low.

Last edited:

Is it just me, or does he look like he's got a really long body and stumpy little legs?

How can you fault Hot Toys for being spot on with the likeness? :dunno

What did people want, Bale in the Arkham suit? :lol

Is it just me, or does he look like he's got a really long body and stumpy little legs?

It does kind of look that way, now that you mention it. But, I hope it's just the camera angle.

How can you fault Hot Toys for being spot on with the likeness? :dunno

What did people want, Bale in the Arkham suit? :lol

:goodpost: :exactly:

This is Arkham frickin' City. If people want a skinnier Batman, there's always the DX 12 that missed leg day.

I've had nightmares over the Metal Gear figures, this seems to make up for it.

There's a headsculpt by Numo on eBay of the Arkham Bats and you can fit it onto whatever suit you like if you're against a game accurate figure. Everybody wins.

It does make me wonder if the peeps bashing this have ACTUALLY played the game....

Arkham Knight more realistic? LOL.

Only complaint (worry, more than anything) at this moment for me is all dat rubber.. Hope it's just me overreacting.

Other than that, this beast of a figure looks exactly HOW THE GAME CHARACTER LOOKS. Amazing.

This is Arkham frickin' City. If people want a skinnier Batman, there's always the DX 12 that missed leg day.

"Joker, brah do you even lift?"

This figure looks great. I'm really looking forward to it.

It was gonna be between this and Returns bats, but with Returns bats probably being like $400 if they include glider and alternate Keaton face, it's this no question. I'm a huge fan of the games.

Arkham Bats is an absolute badass in general. No matter which game it's from. I would have loved to get all his equipments available in the game. Replayed the game, so many poses possible.

I love the design of bats in this game. He is very intimidating. I am ready for a different iteration of Batman on my display shelf.

:exactly:

I would also recommend several psychiatric sessions, just to be sure.

I love the design of bats in this game. He is very intimidating. I am ready for a different iteration of Batman on my display shelf.

He's gonna look great next to my MoS Superman.

Arkham B-Man is built like a tank, and HT captured that definitely. The sculpt can't look anymore like the in game model... it's just stunning to me that something can look "too good" :lol

Some men just want to watch the world overrun with Hot Toys Iron Men.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back