Article: Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City -1/6 Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City - Batman Collectible Figure TEASED for SD

Still my most anticipated figure for this year. I'm just hoping that between now and final reveal they manage to make him/suit look a little sharper in terms of muscular definition. It has the proper bulk of the character, its just a little flabby looking through the mid section and also in the thighs. Something like how man of steel turned out would be a great improvement. Batman isn't just massive in the game, he's also pretty ripped.

BatmanArkhamCity_277_BMInterro3_jpg.jpg

Re: Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City - Batman Collectible Figure TEASED for SD

He's too awesome. Unfortunately, not everyone can comprehend this.

No. I think he looks awesome, but he's too big.

Men in those games are either broad and massive or scrawny. Only women were depicted somewhat realistically, but still idealized.

It was a great stylization for a comic book game.

Men in those games are either broad and massive or scrawny. Only women were depicted somewhat realistically, but still idealized.

Basically yeah. I mean, even in the comic books no one is that realistic looking. Which people need to realize, especially since the Arkham Games have no real cues from any sort of media - besides Batman's eyes being visible and not white slits.

I still can't comprehend how awesome this thing looks. Sometimes I'm all "I will pay $200 gladly", sometimes I'm "I cna't afford it nuuu" and other times I wonder "Will we get a Nightwing?"

I'm not commenting on the game model, I'm saying this figure is too big when compared to it.

giphy.gif

Something like how man of steel turned out would be a great improvement. Batman isn't just massive in the game, he's also pretty ripped.

View attachment 123996

While he looks good, he doesn't look great. Spot-on about MoS. Preview pics looked off, but the release was of a great figure. Bats will only get better.

So if Hot Toys made a Frank Miller Bats he should be slimmed down as well? :lol

if I see comments like that I'm leaving SSC forever :lol

That said, being a costume in game....it could happen.

I think it's his lower rib cage and lower lats that's throwing him all out of proportion. His upper body doesn't seem to taper nicely, but just swerves in abruptly to his waist.

There's nothing wrong with the body size other than it doesn't look like it's filling the suit properly in some areas - like the upper arms, thighs and ribs and lats area for example

Id imagine that's just because the pose the figure is in creating weird gaps in the suit. With his arms down by his side, this thing will look bad ass.

But we don't want a statue now do we?

Yeah I always go back to figs like HT MoS Superman when people start whining about proto pics. Even Bane was an improvement (though he threw a lot of people off because the camera work in TDKR did everything possible to make 5-10 190 Tom Hardy look 6-4 235) MoS Supes turned out to be a great figure. Everybody needs to just...breathe until we see final product photos.

Not at all.

But this still ain't faithful to the game render no matter how you want to spin it. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back