Article: Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City -1/6 Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City - Batman Collectible Figure TEASED for SD

It's not a good sign for a figure where fans are shopping the prototype into something they want to see.

I think people are just trying to figure out what to do if Arkham Bats turns into zombatman, complete with rotten innards, in three months time, due to the rubber suit.:lol I, personally, hope I can leave the figure as is for as long as possible, but I can see why others might want to look at viable replacement options as a precautionary measure.

Re: Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City - Batman Collectible Figure TEASED for SD

Might just pick up a parted out HT Arkham batman head and repaint it to go with the Sideshow comic Bats after seeing the photomanip

I was wondering why this thread had thousands of replies, seems it was created a while ago :lol

I'm undecided on this figure. I love Batman stuff but don't really collect video game figures. I'll see how the final product turns out. Hopefully an Arkham City Joker isn't far behind.

I'm undecided on this figure. I love Batman stuff but don't really collect video game figures. I'll see how the final product turns out. Hopefully an Arkham City Joker isn't far behind.

I was in the same boat, but decided to most likely PO this figure. I was a big fan of the games so why not..

I was in the same boat, but decided to most likely PO this figure. I was a big fan of the games so why not..
I'll definitely need to see the proto pics before deciding anything.

Am I the only one who thinks the proportions are ridiculous? Not just on the figure but just the frame of a person of that size? Bruce Wayne would look like a freak. I prefer a batman that could pass for a human. I think that's why I can't get excited about this

I remember when I first opened the game and saw Bats, I thought the screen was stretched from a dumbass 800*600 into a 16:9 ratio because he looked pretty wide and giant. Turns out it was him in 1366*768 on a 1080p monitor.

I'm leaning towards getting it. I'll see what the final specs and reveal look like and also how much they want for it.

I'm leaning towards getting it. I'll see what the final specs and reveal look like and also how much they want for it.

That's a sound plan. I'm thinking of doing the same now. My mind changes everyday lol

sdcc2014-hot-toys-booth-82.jpg

sdcc2014-hot-toys-booth-83.jpg

sdcc2014-hot-toys-booth-84.jpg

sdcc2014-hot-toys-booth-85.jpg

sdcc2014-hot-toys-booth-86.jpg

sdcc2014-hot-toys-booth-87.jpg

sdcc2014-hot-toys-booth-88.jpg
I was really excited to see this after the teaser, but now with the reveal I'm no longer interested. Hot Toys did too good of a job capturing the game model's ridiculous proportions, which I've never much cared for. Now I'm wishing they'd just passed on this one after all this time and done the Arkham Knight version instead.

The last pic shows how awful the cape is.

I really like this version, just wish it was listed in the DC Comics section too. I'm not a video gamer but am a Batman fan/collector.

I don't know why, maybe because we had to wait for so long to get news and or picture updates, but I am kinda dissappointed with this look. And all that rubber..I am no 1/4 collector at all, but this one (by NECA) looks so much cooler outfit wise...011.jpg

Yeah, like the origins suit. I really hope this AC one turns out. That series is up there as one of my all time favs!

Please, post more about not liking BAC design in BAC collectible thread. There's no need to be polite at all.

The figure looks like it will suffer from lots of distress in the rubber if posed harshly (or at all).

I was really excited to see this after the teaser, but now with the reveal I'm no longer interested. Hot Toys did too good of a job capturing the game model's ridiculous proportions, which I've never much cared for. Now I'm wishing they'd just passed on this one after all this time and done the Arkham Knight version instead.

Not liking a figure because of how it accurately captured the source material? :lol that's a first. I understand you say you never cared for the design, just found your statement funny.

Not liking a figure because of how it accurately captured the source material? :lol that's a first. I understand you say you never cared for the design, just found your statement funny.

Guess I am one of the few that thinks this figure is awesome. ****, hope it sells well. I'd hate for this to be the first and last figure in the Arkham series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back